1259 users online (271 members and 988 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NJ - Doris "Dody" Daughenbaugh, 42, Mount Laurel, Nov 2004

A New Jersey woman missing since Sunday. Disappeared from a grocery store parking lot.
    Interesting....
    Husband went looking for her, found her BMW car, purse with $300, and cell phone.
    Security tape shows she was in the store for 2 minutes.

her keys were found a hour later? I wonder where they were found.

When most women head for their car, don't they have their keys in their hand? It sounds like an abduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino
    When most women head for their car, don't they have their keys in their hand? It sounds like an abduction.

But I think I read that they found her belongings (purse, etc) locked in her car, after she had already entered and exited the store. Why would her purse be locked in the car?

Strange Indeed!

I don't get it. Something is off. Like if she went to the store to do some grocery shopping, like why did she leave 2 minutes later? Did she buy anything? Did she leave with a shopping cart? Does the videotape not show her paying for items at the checkout? Not enough info being released, I pray she is okay, but,BUT, I never like to hear the husband was the one to find the car. Still, on RARE occassions, the spouse needs a break. Don't know about these people, but It doesn't add up. UNLESS, the husband is trying to throw everyone off guard. I pray that this woman is found safe!

http://kyw.com/news/local_story_338001905.html

Here's another link. It's possible that if she just wanted to get a loaf of bread or a few items that she just stuffed money into a pocket. I've done that and left my purse in the car. With someone finding the keys in the lot, it looks like a sexual abduction. If you make a comparison to the Dru Sjodin case, the pervert wasn't interested in Dru's purse and belongings - and it happened so fast! You can always say you'd put up a fight if something like this happened, but often the abductor has the elements of surprise and larger body size. SUV's and vans, too, are large enough to hide an abduction, but with so many on the road, it's hard not to park next to one.

Sound's like an abduction. I pray they find this woman alive!

xxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
    mama

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    If she used a cart to take her items out to her car, she could have locked her purse back up in the car while returning the cart. Thus, she would have had the keys when she was abducted. I do that all the time.

I am a creature of habit and it wouldn't be unusual for my husband to know where I planned on going during the day. Those would be the first places he would look for me. Perhaps she was the same?

I hope that her husband had nothing to do with her disappearance. Hopefully she will be found alive.

update

Here's an update. Not much, really. They have a videotape of her in the store, but no cameras in the parking lot. It looks like she's carrying a bag. I wonder if they found the bag--in the car, or in the lot.
    I read some article where her husband was talking about their mutual love of sports, he said, "We're like two peas in a pod." That's what I like to hear--the husband talking in the present tense.
    http://www.nbc10.com/news/4000344/detail.html

I keep looking for updates on this case, but there's nothing. Was she carrying her purse in the video? If so, then she must have made it back to the car. Did they find the bag she was carrying in the video? Did the bag come from that store? How crowded was the store that day? Because in the police photo, her car is parked at the far end of the row, away from the store. Are there other stores that share that parking lot? Did she or did she not buy something? If so, did she buy bread? FWIW, was she wearing the same thing when she was in the store earlier that day? When exactly did her husband call police? Have they spoken to other people who were in the store at the time? Have they used credit card charges to track them down? Did they use tracking dogs to search for her?

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...04-411175.html

This story says she did not purchase anything. Did she forget her purse and attempt to return to the car for it?

Something nags me about this case. Of course it is perfectly reasonable to think that she was abducted. And I mean no disrespect toward her or her family. But if I wanted to disappear and start a new life I would leave my purse and car behind in a familiar location and just walk away. Toss your keys in the lot and poof, you're gone. I also found the timing interesting. One last holiday with the family.

Just pursuing all possibilities. I agree it was probably an abduction.

Regards,

Montana

I am really confused, she was only in the store 2mins, so did she walk in the store with that bag she had in her hand? Was she returning something? The police say there is no evidence of foul play, how do they know that? They say no one could be abducted from that parking lot. So lets see she walked away volunteraly but she went to a grocery store first and left $300 in her car that makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...04-411175.html

This story says she did not purchase anything. Did she forget her purse and attempt to return to the car for it?
    But the surveliance tape shows her carrying a bag so she must have bought something.
    Karen

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast