AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Snipped: http://www.kswt.com/story/17650000/tucson-police-search-for-missing-6-year-old-girl

Scanner Threads:
Scanner Thread 1
Scanner Thread 2
remember: anything posted in the scanner thread stays on the scanner thread.

full news coverage from KVOA http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25
Thread #26

Local Media Links:

KGUN 9 On Your Side
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/237578/missing-isabel
http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/subindex/news/local/tucson
tucson.com

Find Isabel Celis Facebook Page: Find Isabel Celis
new website for Isabel Celis: http://bringisahome.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I keep coming back to..
If the camera pointing directly at their house was on and recording all night, LE (and the camera's owner) already know if they saw someone take her down that alley or if no one approached the house. They also should know exactly what time the family arrived home from the game Friday night, what time the mom left for work Saturday morning..it doesn't start where the dad and uncle came outside at 8, unless the camera is programmed to record starting at 8am, which makes no sense, it is a night camera.
If this footage shows a perp go up to the house and leave with Isa, the description of the perp and his clothing should be enough for an Amber if not an immediate press release to BOLO. Such footage should clear the family. What did they or did they not see on that footage is the big question, and what reasons they have for not sharing that information with the public. Do they think it could put a still alive Isa in more danger? Too many questions.

Ah to the back door where we see the figure, eh. The doors to OMax are along the loading dock on the southeast part of the building...it is pretty far away, not sure in terms of feet but the building is not right up against the wall there. Plenty of room to turn a car around comfortably...

If the camera pointing directly at their house was on and recording all night, LE (and the camera's owner) already know if they saw someone take her down that alley or if no one approached the house. They also should know exactly what time the family arrived home from the game Friday night, what time the mom left for work Saturday morning..it doesn't start where the dad and uncle came outside at 8, unless the camera is programmed to record starting at 8am, which makes no sense, it is a night camera.
If this footage shows a perp go up to the house and leave with Isa, the description of the perp and his clothing should be enough for an Amber if not an immediate press release to BOLO. Such footage should clear the family. What did they or did they not see on that footage is the big question, and what reasons they have for not sharing that information with the public. Do they think it could put a still alive Isa in more danger? Too many questions.

I thought the camera from Moore's only picked up a portion of the back of the house and the alley? But could be wrong...

I thought the camera from Moore's only picked up a portion of the back of the house and the alley? But could be wrong...

Since Moore Security is a block to the North of the FRONT of the Celis home, the camera can not see the back of the home, and really, Moore never said his cameras could see the Celis home at all. There is afterall a two story house directly between the back of the Moore store and the front of the Celis home.

You could be right, I didn't investigate, I heard "clear unobstructed view" and took it too literally. Also I thought it showed the "father and the brother" come out the FRONT of the house, but I could be mistaken.

Seems there should be satellite technology that LE could put in an address and time frame and watch it like a movie, but I guess we aren't there yet, for better or worse. Not to spark a privacy debate, but I would give up my OUTDOOR privacy to keep my kids safer any day.

For some reason, Moore said that the camera he had in the back to monitor employee parking/cars was the one that picked up the house...? Or at least that is what I heard...wherever the employees park is the one. JMO

It would depend on how clear the video is. I certainly couldnt see the faces of any of the 5 people walking clearly enough to be able to identify them and they were closer to the camera lens than it would have been if someone was right at Isa's house, imo

Ah to the back door where we see the figure, eh. The doors to OMax are along the loading dock on the southeast part of the building...it is pretty far away, not sure in terms of feet but the building is not right up against the wall there. Plenty of room to turn a car around comfortably...

Thanks for your local perspective, again.
Here's what I see. I see that figure not by the 5 foot wall at all. I see the figure walking closer to the Office Max building than the wall. Why? The closer the figure is to the wall, the less of his/her body we would see. I don't see how we could see anything but the head if the 6th person was at the wall.
I see enough of a body shape that includes legs to know it is a human, not a dog, not a ghost, not a tree.
Does that make sense?

Starting tomorrow one briefing a day at 2pm...

Not a whole lot of info today...

Moving to one 2 pm briefing per day starting tomorrow.

Today being Day 9-still receiving tips but a lot slower...

Going thru tips...
Tipsoft, etc

Tips are coming in a lot slower; hoping TipSoft will increase number of tips.

just noticing we have a misspelling in the thread title of "Celiz", not sure who to tell to correct that?

Taking questions already...

Can't hear them though...

Can't reveal what the 5 witnesses may have told them

Detectives took a statement from the person who self-identified, and he thinks a few others have been identified. Won't get into what they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni