Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 1014

Thread: AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #8

  1. #651
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Why were these people allowed to walk so close to Celis home? Was not the area taped off on Saturday night? I would think we would have seen police and tape and media in that shot if it was early Sunday morning JMO
    I was just thinking the same. And who was the 6th man? A police officer?

    If it wasn't, it was pretty amazing that such suspicious behaviour could go on with I assume a big police presence?
    Mark Twain: "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything"

  2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TheTruthWillOut For This Useful Post:


  3. #652
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,961
    I generally like Lt. Pacheco. However, some of his word choices make it seem like the Celis' are: answering only SOME of the TPD's questions, they show "a level" of concern (as if they just show a bit of concern) and are ignoring the TPD's suggestion that they speak with the press. THEN he said they expressed interest!

  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Anita Richman For This Useful Post:


  5. #653
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    100
    Well, on the plus side, there's always a chance that the actual video from that night shows something.

    Though honestly my first thought was that they're lying, to take the heat off person #6. Probably doesn't make a lot of sense, it's just what came to mind first.

  6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ehough22 For This Useful Post:


  7. #654
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,209
    I am sort of shocked right now. Were none of these reporters on the scene in the first couple days?

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:


  9. #655
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Video was from wrong day...it is Sat/Sun they were seeing...wrong date...trying to get correct one...

    Not much else...he is talking about how Le is wanting family to speak out to media, will help them, etc....passed along all requests...it is up to family
    Quote Originally Posted by helpful View Post
    Well, this doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence. It took them until now to figure this out?
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I am so discouraged...this poor child...
    You guys said it. I am rapidly losing faith but I don't want to. Just, various things coming out of their mouths are not making me feel confident. Like agreeing the case could go cold only 7 days after she went missing. Or stating that they are watching the emotions of the family. Why would they want to tip them off to that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post
    After listening to this presser I think that this is just a bad police spokesman. IMO they should have someone who is involved deeply with the investigation. He hadn't even met the family until yesterday. I think this is where some conflicting feelings are coming from. If he had said yesterday that the family wanted to meet with the media, like he did today, than all of this speculation wouldn't have happened. I think if we could hear from someone at the front of the investigation, maybe we could detect more confidence :/
    I agree. And, he's the chief? Wow.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:


  11. #656
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,586
    Today's Press Conference(4/30) with local LE, Tuscon
    Re: Isabel Celis disappearance daily scheduled update:
    (**note this is not a verbatim transcript but rather my notes taken as the live presser was streamed online(kvoa.com). I will get as much detail as I possibly can in keeping up as the presser goes along**)

    2:04pm cameras on LE waiting on someone? Mics are falling off podium..why would cameramen zoom in on close up of poor tech taping mic back to podium..poor dude didn't ask to be in national tv..

    -Day 10 limited info updates

    -Friday video- wanted talk to 5 people from video.. Id 3 of 5.. Video captured a completely different day?!?!!!!! Wtf?? Actually was Saturday/Sunday.. The company Passed along incorrect information.. Cleared it up and getting correct video now..

    -Verifying statements other than that we'll continue our briefings at 2pm daily..

    -Video actually shot early morning hours of Sunday April 22.. 24 hours later than they thought it to be..

    -It's somewhere they have to find it and we have to review it(video)..

    -(wrong video) I dont consider it a waste of time..

    -What is the Frequency and dialogue with the parents daily?
    Speak with fam on daily basis .. Meet with them routinely.. He met with them yesterday 3pm.. He spoke to them about speaking to the media.. We are waiting to hear back from them.. They continue to cooperate and we are in constant communication with them..

    -We believe that it is important for the family to speak to the media.. We have made that known.. Whether they choose to or not is up to them..

    -They expressed interest in providing more media interviews.. They were going to decide which ones they wanted to do a one on one with and now we're just waiting..nothing else I can do

    -Emotional state.. Family are concerned and I can't speculate to what theyre thinking.. Theyre Working with us and answering some of our questions(stood out to me.. WHY SOME?)
    Overwhelmed by everything going on..
    Hoping they will speak to you so u can judge for yourself.. I can tell you they show a level of concern..

    -Meet with both parents at the briefings.. Other individuals.. We will not comment on any others that are present at meetings..

    -Our agency and US Marshalls are who decided to involve Mexico that document with photo of Isa was dated as sent on 4/23..

    -TPD always told the parents to speak to media.. And it is absolutely inaccurate that we ever told them NOT TO SPEAK WITH MEDIA..

    -Public? Keep info flow of tips coming to us.. Important to continue volunteers fliers help.

    -Is case related to 3 girls assaulted overnight.. Our LE are working with he PCSD.. Understand that is a different agency.

    -Another reason we need the parents to speak with you.. A lot of questions can be cleared up and answered by the parents

    -Are tips slowing down? no.. Saturday 8-10tips coming in per hour(88 crime)

    -No specific searches planned like were done in earlier part of investigation.

    -we will brief you again tomorrow at 2pm (unless there is breaking news before then)



    ____________________...
    Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..


  12. #657
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    569
    Wait a minute....didn't LE set up a command post right where the video was.....so the mystery person in the video could be LE ???

  13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to insatiable For This Useful Post:


  14. #658
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I heard him say he had met with the family yesterday...but not that it was for the first time?
    Anyway the spokesperson is not often an actual detective in these cases...
    I heard him say that yesterday was the first time he met them, so he couldn't speculate about their demeanor.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anita Richman For This Useful Post:


  16. #659
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthWillOut View Post
    I was just thinking the same. And who was the 6th man? A police officer?

    If it wasn't, it was pretty amazing that such suspicious behaviour could go on with I assume a big police presence?
    Yeah, that really bothers me. Some guy is lurking around yards from their house, and a whole group is just casually strolling by. No LE presence? What the heck?
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:


  18. #660
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,209
    Yes, they set up a command center. I mapped it yesterday in a discussion. It is right where the mysterious figure was, and a local here just saw remnants of the yellow tape on the tree where the figure stood.

    That's why as soon as he stated they had the video from Saturday night, I typed to myself "he's wrong!"


  19. #661
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    You guys said it. I am rapidly losing faith but I don't want to. Just, various things coming out of their mouths are not making me feel confident. Like agreeing the case could go cold only 7 days after she went missing. Or stating that they are watching the emotions of the family. Why would they want to tip them off to that?



    I agree. And, he's the chief? Wow.
    Gitana, I agree with everything you said. This is so perplexing!!! However, he is a Lt., not the chief.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Anita Richman For This Useful Post:


  21. #662
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Limited updates
    Video regarding witnesses
    They identified 3 out of group
    Video captured a different day, not day in question
    IT was not date and time stamped
    It was Saturday night, not Friday night
    Working to get the video for Friday the 20th
    Working with Pima County sheriff
    Opened to questions
    Verified Saturday night into Sunday morning 1 – 1:30 am
    Lots of questions about the media
    They have made it known they think it is important to keep story in the forefront and tips coming in
    They expressed interest in doing interviews—yesterday
    Working with the Pima County Sheriff on the 3 girls case
    But wait...if LE spoke to the people in that video, and asked them : is this you walking by the Office Max area, wouldn't one of them have said that they were there on Saturday night ???

    And so the guy in the shadows was actually hanging out there after Isabel was taken ?

    But...wouldn't there have been a LE presence in that area ? So close to the Celis' house, so soon after she vanished ?
    I smell a rat here...

  22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:


  23. #663
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Today's Press Conference(4/30) with local LE, Tuscon
    Re: Isabel Celis disappearance daily scheduled update:
    (**note this is not a verbatim transcript but rather my notes taken as the live presser was streamed online(kvoa.com). I will get as much detail as I possibly can in keeping up as the presser goes along**)

    2:04pm cameras on LE waiting on someone? Mics are falling off podium..why would cameramen zoom in on close up of poor tech taping mic back to podium..poor dude didn't ask to be in national tv..

    -Day 10 limited info updates

    -Friday video- wanted talk to 5 people from video.. Id 3 of 5.. Video captured a completely different day?!?!!!!! Wtf?? Actually was Saturday/Sunday.. The company Passed along incorrect information.. Cleared it up and getting correct video now..

    -Verifying statements other than that we'll continue our briefings at 2pm daily..

    -Video actually shot early morning hours of Sunday April 22.. 24 hours later than they thought it to be..

    -It's somewhere they have to find it and we have to review it(video)..

    -(wrong video) I dont consider it a waste of time..

    -What is the Frequency and dialogue with the parents daily?
    Speak with fam on daily basis .. Meet with them routinely.. He met with them yesterday 3pm.. He spoke to them about speaking to the media.. We are waiting to hear back from them.. They continue to cooperate and we are in constant communication with them..

    -We believe that it is important for the family to speak to the media.. We have made that known.. Whether they choose to or not is up to them..

    -They expressed interest in providing more media interviews.. They were going to decide which ones they wanted to do a one on one with and now we're just waiting..nothing else I can do

    -Emotional state.. Family are concerned and I can't speculate to what theyre thinking.. Theyre Working with us and answering some of our questions(stood out to me.. WHY SOME?)
    Overwhelmed by everything going on..
    Hoping they will speak to you so u can judge for yourself.. I can tell you they show a level of concern..

    -Meet with both parents at the briefings.. Other individuals.. We will not comment on any others that are present at meetings..

    -Our agency and US Marshalls are who decided to involve Mexico that document with photo is Isa was dated 4/23..

    -TPD always told the parents to speak to media.. And it is absolutely inaccurate that we ever told them NOT TO SPEAK WITH MEDIA..

    -Public? Keep info flow of tips coming to us.. Important to continue volunteers fliers help.

    -Is case related to 3 girls assaulted overnight.. Our LE are working with he PCSD.. Understand that is a different agency.

    -Another reason we need the parents to speak with you.. A lot of questions can be cleared up and answered by the parents

    Are tips slowing down? no.. Saturday 8-10tips coming in per hour(88 crime)

    -No specific searches planned like were done in earlier part of investigation.

    ___________________...
    Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess
    Thanks, Smooth. This does make it seem they are very interested in the parents. Why would LE think it is a good idea to have the parents answer questions if LE itself won't tell us a thing? Only reason I can think of is they want those answers too or want to gauge their demeanor.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:


  25. #664
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,209
    As our local Anita just posted, it is not just police, but reporters missing from the video. Cooper would have been full of cars Saturday night, as well. They had the whole neighborhood taped off with squad cars guarding.
    We can see this on videos from Saturday and Sunday.


  26. #665
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Yes, they set up a command center. I mapped it yesterday in a discussion. It is right where the mysterious figure was, and a local here just saw remnants of the yellow tape on the tree where the figure stood.

    That's why as soon as he stated they had the video from Saturday night, I typed to myself "he's wrong!"
    The command center was in the triangle area bordered by the Party City building, the Office Max and the Celis home. The mysterious figure was behind the Office Max. (Not to be nitpicky, just to clarify.)

    This does NOT make sense.

  27. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Anita Richman For This Useful Post:


  28. #666
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Yes, they set up a command center. I mapped it yesterday in a discussion. It is right where the mysterious figure was, and a local here just saw remnants of the yellow tape on the tree where the figure stood.

    That's why as soon as he stated they had the video from Saturday night, I typed to myself "he's wrong!"
    So wait, then LE is lying?
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  29. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:


  30. #667
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    But wait...if LE spoke to the people in that video, and asked them : is this you walking by the Office Max area, wouldn't one of them have said that they were there on Saturday night ???

    And so the guy in the shadows was actually hanging out there after Isabel was taken ?

    But...wouldn't there have been a LE presence in that area ? So close to the Celis' house, so soon after she vanished ?
    I smell a rat here...
    Not if it is in the best interest of Isabel...I would keep quiet ( and did ) as well. However, LE let this "cat out of the bag" why?
    Last edited by Okay then; 04-30-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: because I am required to do so?

  31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Okay then For This Useful Post:


  32. #668
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    So wait, then LE is lying?
    I have the same question. This does not make sense at all!

  33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stash777 For This Useful Post:


  34. #669
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    324
    How could they have not verified the date and time of the video? I'm not confident that they'll get the "right" one. ???

    I'm hanging on to hope but this blow makes it hard.

  35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maiko For This Useful Post:


  36. #670
    BetteDavisEyes's Avatar
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,925
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Thanks, Smooth. This does make it seem they are very interested in the parents. Why would LE think it is a good idea to have the parents answer questions if LE itself won't tell us a thing? Only reason I can think of is they want those answers too or want to gauge their demeanor.
    I can tell you they show a level of concern.. WTF!?! Only "a level of concern" for their missing six-year-old child? "A level of concern" about doing media appearances? "A level of concern" about their interviews with LE? Sounds fishy to me. Something just isn't right with this situation.

  37. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:


  38. #671
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by insatiable View Post
    They don't have Friday nights video yet?? How long could that possibly take? You go ask for Fridays video instead and start watching it immediately...they should be able to watch 11pm to 8am tonight and hopefully have the answers they need before the morning. Smdh
    Surely they have watched it even if they didn't realize it was Friday's video. Maybe they thought it was Thursday's for example but still I would think they would have watched any video available and they just have to get the dates right now.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:


  40. #672
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,209
    Early video that shows the neighborhood

    http://www.kvoa.com/videos/missing-g...ors-speak-out/

  41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:


  42. #673
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    366
    I am quite shocked that PD released a video in the public domain without confirming themselves the time/date

    This will sound really bad but I have to ask.

    Is it normal for LE to come straight out in a press conference and admit they messed up?
    Mark Twain: "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything"

  43. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TheTruthWillOut For This Useful Post:


  44. #674
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita Richman View Post
    The command center was in the triangle area bordered by the Party City building, the Office Max and the Celis home. The mysterious figure was behind the Office Max. (Not to be nitpicky, just to clarify.)

    This does NOT make sense.
    Okay, then we have conflicting stories. Two other locals described this area to include the yellow tape.
    Thanks.

  45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:


  46. #675
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,609
    It would seem that he person who were on the video and have come forward could verify the day and time, unless they walk that route nightly.

  47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:


Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #7
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Missing Forum Discussion
    Replies: 896
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #5
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Missing Forum Discussion
    Replies: 720
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM
  3. AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #3
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Missing Forum Discussion
    Replies: 935
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 03:28 PM
  4. AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #2
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Missing Forum Discussion
    Replies: 618
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 02:36 PM
  5. AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #1
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Missing Forum Discussion
    Replies: 592
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 02:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •