Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ehough22 View Post
    For me there is no such thing as "too much importance" being placed on the media. This child is missing. Someone could see her, or find her clothing, or notice that their relative is acting strangely. That someone needs to remember Isabel rather than blowing it off. If LE can't solve this case, the next step is the public. Anyone who sees anything should be reporting it, but they have to be aware of the case to do so. As the case grows colder, awareness will drop. It will then be up to Isabel's parents and the media to keep her case in people's minds.

So for me, it's not so much that the parents should be speaking to Isabel or her abductor in the media. Her parents should be speaking to the public so they know what to look for.
    Good points. The parents should consider that down the line they might want to approach the media when the media is not covering the story any more. The media is going to want something to report down the line, but if the parents have nothing, it will not be easy to get national media attention again.

The media in general wants to report something. The media in general especially like to report something happening right now. Right now is the time to get her out there. If the parents come forward later, with little to report, then the media might interview them, but the focus might be turned on the parents, with questions like why they did not use this tool to help find Isa sooner. The media is not the monster here. So many other parents of missing children THANK the media.
    JMO

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MvD View Post
    I was just reading about the prayer (mass?) vigil held last night that Isabel's parents attended. Something that struck me was the mention that the diocese had set up a media opportunity for the parents to speak, but they did not. Am I'm making too huge a leap to draw the conclusion that police made a request to the diocese to allow this? I'm Catholic, and it just seems like the diocese wouldn't set up a 'media opportunity' on their own volition. Article at: http://m.tucsonnewsnow.com/ms/p/a3/8...ies&news2=Main
    On the news last night (no link, since it was said while I was watching) KVOA said that their cameras were not allowed inside during the mass but they did get footage of them leaving after.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    If LE would like the parents to honor requests for media appearances, but Sergio and Becky aren't doing this, then I have a problem with the parents being "fully cooperative".

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=169718&page=6

start reading at post #268 (Chief Villasenor said they were watching the parents' emotions)

also says their cell phones were taken very early in the investigation (said that is standard)
    What an unusual thing for LE to say to the public.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    If LE would like the parents to honor requests for media appearances, but Sergio and Becky aren't doing this, then I have a problem with the parents being "fully cooperative".
    Its been linked already that it is THEIR choice per TPD. They are leaving it in their hands. They gave them the contact info and have stated that it is the fam's choice. They can't order the family to talk to the media and they know that. Suggest it strongly sure, but its a far cry from not meeting with them and doing whatever the police ask of them in regards to the case.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by paris_paris View Post
    I just watched the video with the neighbour where she said "she (Isabel) seemed comfortable with them".

In her mind the 2 men she heard took Isabel, and because she "didn't hear her", she thought she must be comfortable with them.

She said "she seemed comfortable with them because I didn't hear her".
    When Dr. Know first alerted us to the first local news report of this girl, KVOA had the raw interview up on their site. They do not have this video up anymore, as often is the case with raw interviews; they take them down.
    [I know the video well as I waited for it from 6:00 pm PST to after 11 pm checking to see if they uploaded.]
    Anyway, in that raw video, she acknowledged her speculation, with "In my opinion" and essentially stated that she made these conclusions based on afterthought--this is all what it all adds up to in her mind, and she went as far as to state that she knows that her opinion is not expert. (Loosely paraphrased.)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Isabel's great aunt speaks:

"I don't think you can be even in the community but around the environment in Tucson and not just feel the pain of this family," said Kathleen Ganley, the girl's great aunt.

"Lt. Pacheco has been very clear that they have no reason to believe that she wouldn't be alive, that they're continuing to pursue that so I'm incredibly hopeful," Ganley said. "The message to all really is keep searching, don't give up searching and above all else, keep Isa and her family in your prayers."

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Isabel-...149449105.html

I think a good spokesperson should help this family communicate with the media, imo Not saying this great aunt is the right person but someone should help. The unnecessary derogatory comments being made about the parents don't help find Isabel, imo

Some have even gone as far as questioning the father's sexuality. Really? Wow. I think it's sad and I believe that is why they prefer the focus remain on Isabel and not them.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Why the parents look guilty:

LE don't want ground searches done by the public.
    LE won't say if it was the cadaver-sniffing dog that found the scent
    LE won't say if parents took a polygraph and passed
    LE said they wanted to watch their emotional reactions
    LE won't say they have a predator in the area and for people to be on the lookout.
    Parents won't talk to media (only once and that took days before they came out).
    Mom went to work very early that day for her shift.
    Neighbour hears two men voices around 630am

Why the parents don't look guilty:

LE says to be on the lookout in Mexico area
    LE don't know who mystery man in the video
    Those two men in Family home when family wasn't there.

I hate to think the parents are involed.LE is being so quite as to what they know. I understand that but really wanting to hear some good news for Isa however it is not looking good at all.

This whole case is puzzling

JMO

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thinkzerz For This Useful Post:

Jmoo....

Hey all, haven't posted anything in years but had to put my thoughts into the ring. I'm not saying anything about her family because it isn't my place and I have no clue what is going on with them but if my child was missing I would be on every possible TV, radio, internet live feed that I could to get the word out. I don't know the reason that the family wasn't able to search but rules be damned I would be knocking on doors and talking to every person I came in contact with. I'm not saying that the family is guilty of anything (who knows what LE has said to them begind the scenes) but if my child was missing there is no way I wouldn't be out there looking under every rock and in every corner. Respectifully MOO

PS you guys are doing such a good job. If we were all rich and could travel to each of these cases I bet we would bring everyone of these angels back!
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SpongeBathHotPants For This Useful Post:

As someone who works in TV News, I want to quickly go OT and address why this isn't getting lots of national coverage ...

1) Thousands of people are missing
    2) TV Stations exist for ratings

Due to point 1 they can't turn every missing persons case into a national story.

Due to point 2, only missing people stories which translate into high ratings become national stories. To fetch ratings you need details (especially sordid ones) or some sort of narrative to follow. There is a very significant lack of details in this story.

This is all unfortunate, but it's what I've found to be true.

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to blazelet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blazelet View Post
    As someone who works in TV News, I want to quickly go OT and address why this isn't getting lots of national coverage ...

1) Thousands of people are missing
    2) TV Stations exist for ratings

Due to point 1 they can't turn every missing persons case into a national story.

Due to point 2, only missing people stories which translate into high ratings become national stories. To fetch ratings you need details (especially sordid ones) or some sort of narrative to follow. There is a very significant lack of details in this story.

This is all unfortunate, but it's what I've found to be true.
    This is why the parents need to be on camera. Even if people bash them on words /actions. At least Isa will still be in the news longer. The case (public) will slow down as media won't keep reporting no new nothing. JMO

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thinkzerz For This Useful Post:

I find it kind of strange that ground searches are not done.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkzerz View Post
    Why the parents look guilty:

LE don't want ground searches done by the public.
    LE won't say if it was the cadaver-sniffing dog that found the scent
    LE won't say if parents took a polygraph and passed
    LE said they wanted to watch their emotional reactions
    LE won't say they have a predator in the area and for people to be on the lookout.
    Parents won't talk to media (only once and that took days before they came out).
    Mom went to work very early that day for her shift.
    Neighbour hears two men voices around 630am

Why the parents don't look guilty:

LE says to be on the lookout in Mexico area
    LE don't know who mystery man in the video
    Those two men in Family home when family wasn't there.

I hate to think the parents are involed.LE is being so quite as to what they know. I understand that but really wanting to hear some good news for Isa however it is not looking good at all.

This whole case is puzzling

JMO
    What 2 men in the family home? All your points don't lead to the parents looking guilty imo Except for LE saying publicly they want to watch the family's reaction (which is the most irresponsible statement I've heard), all the other points to LE preserving a potential crime scene.

I'd like LE to answer why they remain focused on a 3 mile radius and have NOT according to the PC yesterday done thorough searches of landfills and bodies of water. Furthermore, I'd like them to answer why the 6th. person isn't being sought publicly and also why there have been no follow ups in the media regarding the individuals who were not home when they went knocking on their doors. Where are they and have they been found and questioned?
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    But they did do pond/lake searches because of a tip. Strange no land searches.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thinkzerz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I do too....and for LE to not want people out searching????

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast