Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman's Injuries

Hybrid View

George Zimmerman's Injuries

IMO,this is going to be one of the most critical parts of the case. There is a lot of disagreement as to whether George Z was truly injured or not.

I do believe he had some injuries-but as to the extent and severity I am not convinced.

I understand that he does not necessarily have to be critically injured or anything for his defense to hold up-but we have been told that he was badly injured so that is what the story is going to be.

Let's move the discussion regarding Zimmerman's injuries to this thread.

I know this is a hot topic so please do your best to be respectful of one another's points of view.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

What bothers me about this pic, is that he never once grabbed his bleeding head. Maybe I am just weird but I always grab my toe when I stub it. Or my elbow/funny bone when I hit it. But this picture clearly shows no such attempt to protect or staunch the bleeding.

If someone had just banged my head I would have instinctively placed my hands on the injury.

Link

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_g...0419_wmain.jpg
    Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
    What bothers me about this pic, is that he never once grabbed his bleeding head. Maybe I am just weird but I always grab my toe when I stub it. Or my elbow/funny bone when I hit it. But this picture clearly shows no such attempt to protect or staunch the bleeding.

If someone had just banged my head I would have instinctively placed my hands on the injury.

Link

What bothers me about this picture is that I've bled worse from cutting my legs while shaving! This is not a picture of a man's head that was repeatedly slammed into the concrete.

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    What bothers me about this picture is that I've bled worse from cutting my legs while shaving! This is not a picture of a man's head that was repeatedly slammed into the concrete.

MOO
    What bothers me is the sudden recovery from "male pattern baldness". MOO

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherishtoo View Post
    What bothers me is the sudden recovery from "male pattern baldness". MOO
    yeah, what is that about?

bad camera flash?
    I know where you post.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    yeah, what is that about?

bad camera flash?
    A few threads back (in the original TM series) one of the WS members took pictures of his own close cropped head with and without a flashlight shining on his head. Without the flashlight, you could see the hair and no bald spot. With the flashlight shining on the top of his head, there was a lot of glare which gave the appearance of a bald spot. Hopefully, that WS member will re-post those pictures for comparison.

Given the angle that the flashlight beam seems to be coming from, there may have been two people other than GZ there - one to take the picture and another to hold a flashlight.

Also, the "tactical" flashlight GZ was supposed to have been carrying is called "tactical" because of the very bright light it puts out. If that is what was shining on his head that could explain how bright white the top of GZ's head is, giving the illusion of a bald spot.

IMO, JMO, etc.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to csziggy For This Useful Post:

MOO

Me too, that area around the ankle is a @#$%@ JMO
    Justice for Caylee

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

MOO

Me too, that area around the ankle is a @#$%@ JMO
    EXACTLY! The few inches above that ankle bone!?!? How can a cut that you can't even see bleed so much that I think I might bleed out?!

The blood makes it look so dramatic but...wounds....I need to see the wounds before I can believe that these were any worse than what my children would come home from the playground with.

imo, jmo, moo
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“If I was lost, I would want the whole world to look for me,” said Solomon Metalwala, Sky’s father. “And I’m a grown-up, you know. He’s only two.”

Please click here to view Sky's thread

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to princesspjs For This Useful Post:

MOO
    I know I sound like a broken record but let me say one more time: I had my head repeatedly slammed into a hard surface (a tile floor, not a sidewalk) and I did not bleed. IMO, the amount of blood is not important. But clearly, the man was involved in something that made his head bleed, which is consistent with his story.

JMO, OMO, and
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record but let me say one more time: I had my head repeatedly slammed into a hard surface (a tile floor, not a sidewalk) and I did not bleed. IMO, the amount of blood is not important. But clearly, the man was involved in something that made his head bleed, which is consistent with his story.

JMO, OMO, and
    No, it's actually not consistent with his story. Oh, wait! Which story?

He could have dug his own nails into his head. TM could have dug his nails into his head in self defense.
    GZ could have slipped on the wet ground and fell while CHASING TM, and hit his own head.
    GZ could have smashed his head off a sprinkler, a tree, a bush, a rock, a shovel, a stone, a root from a tree, an empty bottle, can, etc...etc...
    I could name things for eternity that are just as POSSIBLE, if not more than GZ's lame story.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to badme102 For This Useful Post:

Question

Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    The way I see it, a man whose head was repeatedly slammed into concrete until an inch of wearing diapers for the rest of his life (paraphrasing here) cannot walk on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Please don't forget that he was barely conscious and one step away from being spoon fed, oh and not mention that he was almost choking on his own blood.

~jmo~

Why is George not paralyzed if he was "one hit away from diapers and being spoon-fed for the rest of his life"??? He's walking and talking perfectly fine, amongst being able to perform other bodily functions, IMO!!!
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by badme102 View Post

He could have dug his own nails into his head. TM could have dug his nails into his head in self defense.
    GZ could have slipped on the wet ground and fell while CHASING TM, and hit his own head.
    GZ could have smashed his head off a sprinkler, a tree, a bush, a rock, a shovel, a stone, a root from a tree, an empty bottle, can, etc...etc...
    I could name things for eternity that are just as POSSIBLE, if not more than GZ's lame story.
    I personally have a hard time thinking those head injuries could have been caused by fingernails....JMO

Just wondering if we have there are any pictures out there that show either GZ's or TM's hands. Most guys have fairly short nails but I have seen a few men with longer nails.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cher352 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by badme102 View Post

Illustrating the problem with this case perfectly: There is no way to know what happened. But GZ's story is the only one we have and he is claiming self defense after being attacked and having his head slammed into the pavement.

JMO, OMO, and

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post

JMO, OMO, and
    BBM

Not according to the investigator who took the stand at the bond hearing, which is why the detectives wanted charges and was nixed by Wolfinger..but he did say GZ's story was inconsistant with the evidence...

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    BBM

Not according to the investigator who took the stand at the bond hearing, which is why the detectives wanted charges and was nixed by Wolfinger..but he did say GZ's story was inconsistant with the evidence...
    Did he say that GZ's injuries did not match his story? IIRC, all he said was that there was some inconsistency, he didn't go into detail. Or am I misremembering?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    BBM

Do we have a list of detectives (plural) who wanted charges that night, before the alleged surreptitious meeting with NW? And do we know that the reason "they" allegedly wanted GZ charged was because of inconsistencies between his injuries and his statements/evidence? I have not heard any of this... if you have info, please explain. TIA

JMO
    Last edited by Desdemona; 05-01-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: <clarify: that night>
    Justice and power must be brought together,
    so that whatever is just may be powerful,
    and whatever is powerful may be just.
    Blaise Pascal

MOO
    I have seen a close up view of this picture. There are two open wounds that required butterfly clamps to close. How many slams does it take to open up two large gashes that require that type of treatment. A professional boxer gets hit many times in the face before a wound opens up.
    IN MY OPINION

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FULTON For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FULTON View Post
    I have seen a close up view of this picture. There are two open wounds that required butterfly clamps to close. How many slams does it take to open up two large gashes that require that type of treatment. A professional boxer gets hit many times in the face before a wound opens up.
    If those injuries did in fact require butterfly clamps to close them then why did EMS, after checking Zimmerman out that night, let him leave the scene without so much as a regular bandage on his head at all? This is my biggest problem with the so called evidence that Zimmerman was seriously injured that night. I find EMS more credible than any photo released by goodness knows who the night before a bail/bond hearing.

MOO

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Link

What bothers me about this photo is WTH is someone taking picture of blood rather than the wound(s). Head wounds just bleed heavily even when the wound is insignificant.
    http://www.cigna.com/individualandfa...39875spec.html
    Minor cuts on the head often bleed heavily because the face and scalp have many blood vessels close to the surface of the skin.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2286260_trea...inor-head.html
    Head wounds tend to bleed a lot more than wounds on other parts of the body, as there are several blood vessels in the head between the scalp and the skin
    Do we know who took that picture and why they didn't photograph the actual wound(s)??
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“If I was lost, I would want the whole world to look for me,” said Solomon Metalwala, Sky’s father. “And I’m a grown-up, you know. He’s only two.”

Please click here to view Sky's thread

Quote Originally Posted by princesspjs View Post
    What bothers me about this photo is WTH is someone taking picture of blood rather than the wound(s). Head wounds just bleed heavily even when the wound is insignificant.

Do we know who took that picture and why they didn't photograph the actual wound(s)??
    Or why that person's first reaction was to photograph George's head and not help the kid lying on the ground dying? George was up, moving around, and making a phone call. He was fine! Trayvon was not!

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

Or why that person's first reaction was to photograph George's head and not help the kid lying on the ground dying? George was up, moving around, and making a phone call. He was fine! Trayvon was not!

MOO
    Or to even approach a man who just shot someone to death and who still had a gun.

I haven't read/heard who took the pic, other than it was a neighbor. FT? maybe? He seems to be in the middle of all this somehow. JMO MOO IMO
    Justice for Caylee

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

We've had Joe Oliver state that it was the police who took the photo with an iPhone and Frank Taaffe claiming it was a neighbor who took the picture.

~jmo~

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    We've had Joe Oliver state that it was the police who took the photo with an iPhone and Frank Taaffe claiming it was a neighbor who took the picture.

~jmo~
    Either way, it was someone who knew George, as George told this person to call his wife.

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

41. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

Either way, it was someone who knew George, as George told this person to call his wife.

MOO
    If it is George in the pic and he's on the phone, then why didn't he dial his wife himself? Is he talking to someone else?

43. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to elementary For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast