Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    Rack the slide. Loading? Checking to see if it was fully loaded? I have no idea. It makes no sense, but the sound was there.
    The Kel Tec, like the S&W, has a small port in the top, through which you can see the brass/casing if a round is chambered. It does not require pulling the slide back to check and see if it is loaded. Besides, if you went to the trouble of putting the extra round in the clip so you could carry one in the chamber, you wouldn't need to try and remember if it was loaded.

I would bet the "clicks" were something else.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zenreaper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zenreaper View Post
    The Kel Tec, like the S&W, has a small port in the top, through which you can see the brass/casing if a round is chambered. It does not require pulling the slide back to check and see if it is loaded. Besides, if you went to the trouble of putting the extra round in the clip so you could carry one in the chamber, you wouldn't need to try and remember if it was loaded.

I would bet the "clicks" were something else.
    Something can always be something else. That is what it sounded like to me however.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Not sure which method GZ would have used to stop the blood flow since the gunshot wound was in the chest and TM was found lying face down when the police arrived.
    We will have to wait for the autopsy, but a 9mm shot through the chest at close range could easily pass straight through, leaving a bleeding opening out the back. Yes, it would be senseless to try and STOP that bleeding, as the person would bleed through the front, but after shooting him, in a panic reaction (not due to guilt, but merely due to the fact that shooting someone is a traumatic event, even for the shooter), he could easily have though he could stop the bloodflow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zenreaper For This Useful Post:

Something can always be something else. That is what it sounded like to me however.
    Yeah, but a slide doesn't CLICK.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenreaper For This Useful Post:

Yeah, but a slide doesn't CLICK.
    I know what it sounds like.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

I know what it sounds like.
    No to be argumentative, but there is only two sounds a NON fired slide makes. One is if you slide it all the way back to the locked position, which would be ONE click, and would eject a round, followed by the LOUD sound of it being released, which didn't happen. The other is if it was, as you have speculated, iirc, sliding it back to check if a round is loaded, which would be only ONE loud sound as it was released.

Interestingly enough, BOTH of these options require BOTH hands to accomplish, and that would be pretty tough if GZ was on the phone at the same time.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zenreaper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Plus it was raining that night and there is no grass clippings on his head but LE reported he did have some on his back. If he moved his head to the grass you would think he'd have clippings on the back of his head and the blood would have been smeared. LE said GZ's jacket was wet in the back???? jmo
    Hi Lambchop!!

Not sure if you were asking if GZ's jacket was wet in the back but it does mention it on page 7 of this partial police report..

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package...ice-report.pdf

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:

We will have to wait for the autopsy, but a 9mm shot through the chest at close range could easily pass straight through, leaving a bleeding opening out the back. Yes, it would be senseless to try and STOP that bleeding, as the person would bleed through the front, but after shooting him, in a panic reaction (not due to guilt, but merely due to the fact that shooting someone is a traumatic event, even for the shooter), he could easily have though he could stop the bloodflow.
    I am waiting for the autopsy too.

However, the funeral director had this to say:
    GRACE: You did see the gunshot wound. Can you tell me where on his chest was the wound if you could tell after autopsy?

KURTZ: Well, it appeared to me that it was in the upper chest area. That`s where the (INAUDIBLE).

GRACE: Did you see any other injuries on Trayvon Martin`s body?

KURTZ: Not that I could tell.

GRACE: Richard Kurtz, joining us, funeral director who handled Martin`s body.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../28/ng.01.html

He doesn't mention seeing an exit wound.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    I am waiting for the autopsy too.

However, the funeral director had this to say:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../28/ng.01.html

He doesn't mention seeing an exit wound.
    I can see that on one hand, but I could also see not mentioning the EXIT wound, as it was a given. I mean lets be honest, he stated that he so NO wounds on TM at all. He didn't say "except the gaping hole in his chest", as it was a given. The autopsy should be quite revealing.

I can see that on one hand, but I could also see not mentioning the EXIT wound, as it was a given. I mean lets be honest, he stated that he so NO wounds on TM at all. He didn't say "except the gaping hole in his chest", as it was a given. The autopsy should be quite revealing.
    TM was shot with a hollow point. They are designed to flatten or shatter, no exit wounds usually.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8500781_bullets-shatter.html

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

No to be argumentative, but there is only two sounds a NON fired slide makes. One is if you slide it all the way back to the locked position, which would be ONE click, and would eject a round, followed by the LOUD sound of it being released, which didn't happen. The other is if it was, as you have speculated, iirc, sliding it back to check if a round is loaded, which would be only ONE loud sound as it was released.

Interestingly enough, BOTH of these options require BOTH hands to accomplish, and that would be pretty tough if GZ was on the phone at the same time.
    It does take two hands. But putting the cellphone between your jaw and shoulder works well in a pickle.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

This is another quote more specifically saying that he didn't see where an exit wound
    would have been. I assume that he hesitates a little because he got to see the body after the autopsy and who knows what all was done there.

L. O`DONNELL: And I know you`re not a medical examiner, but did you
    see two wounds on the body? Did you see one that would have been an
    entrance wound and one that would have been an exit wound?

KURTZ: I only saw what I considered the entrance wound. I can`t --
    I couldn`t tell where the exit wound, no.

L. O`DONNELL: So you only saw the entrance wound, and was that in
    the chest, as we`ve heard?

KURTZ: Yes, sir.

L. O`DONNELL: Funeral Director Richard Kurtz -- I want to thank you
    very much for helping us with this information tonight.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46894844.../#.T6MPidVIt84

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    Hi Lambchop!!

Not sure if you were asking if GZ's jacket was wet in the back but it does mention it on page 7 of this partial police report..

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package...ice-report.pdf
    Thanks, yes. I know it's in the initial police report. And we can see when he's at the station one of the officers pick something off of GZ's jacket. Hopefully it grass. lol

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

It does take two hands. But putting the cellphone between your jaw and shoulder works well in a pickle.
    Then wouldn't the phone have ALSO picked up a movement against the mic as he did this?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenreaper For This Useful Post:

Then wouldn't the phone have ALSO picked up a movement against the mic as he did this?
    It should. Still wonder if there wasn't someone else involved. Did wife go to Target with George?

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast