Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman's Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I think the problem with the picture is that according to LE's report he was in cuffs at that time????
    IMO, it looks like someone else's arm is holding a phone up to GZ's ear.

IMO, JMO, MOO
    ^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princesspjs For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherishtoo View Post
    What bothers me is the sudden recovery from "male pattern baldness". MOO
    yeah, what is that about?

bad camera flash?
    I know where you post.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

I'm going to repeat myself here, GZ has a head injury, but IMO it's because TM was defending himself from his attacker. TM was STANDING IS OWN GROUND!!! GZ had a gun, TM didn't, to me that speaks volumes. I'm still saddened by this case

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I think it's safe to say he had a broken nose even though we have not seen pictures of a bloody nose or shirt.

The initial police report said he was bleeding from his nose.

And MO'M made it clear, during the bond hearing, that he has medical records that support the statement that GZ had a broken nose. I do not think he would have said that if he didn't.

JMO
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

OMARA
    Ok. Have you ever had your nose broken?

GILBREATH
    No.

OMARA
    Have you ever had your nose fractured or broken.

GILBREATH
    No.

OMARA
    You know that that was an injury that Mr. Zimmerman sustained correct?

GILBREATH
    I know that that is an injury that is reported to have sustained. I haven't seen any medical records to indicate that.

OMARA
    Have you asked him for them?

GILBREATH
    Have I asked him for them? No.

OMARA
    Do you want a copy of them?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...20/cnr.02.html
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    OMARA
    Ok. Have you ever had your nose broken?

GILBREATH
    No.

OMARA
    Have you ever had your nose fractured or broken.

GILBREATH
    No.

OMARA
    You know that that was an injury that Mr. Zimmerman sustained correct?

GILBREATH
    I know that that is an injury that is reported to have sustained. I haven't seen any medical records to indicate that.

OMARA
    Have you asked him for them?

GILBREATH
    Have I asked him for them? No.

OMARA
    Do you want a copy of them?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...20/cnr.02.html
    Just because O'Mara states there are medical records, doesn't necessarily mean it's the truth. He's already been caught in a few whacks here recently and for all we know, he could have been waving around his weekly grocery list.

~jmo~

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    Or why that person's first reaction was to photograph George's head and not help the kid lying on the ground dying? George was up, moving around, and making a phone call. He was fine! Trayvon was not!

MOO
    Or to even approach a man who just shot someone to death and who still had a gun.

I think it's safe to say he had a broken nose even though we have not seen pictures of a bloody nose or shirt.

And MO'M made it clear, during the bond hearing, that he has medical records that support the statement that GZ had a broken nose. I do not think he would have said that if he didn't.

JMO

Do not believe his nose was broken on the night he shot Trayvon to death.

JMO
    You may be right. However, in that other Florida case the defense also claimed the victim drowned and that the accused had been sexually abused as a child, without ever IIRC presenting a smidge of evidence that either claim was true.

Claim things with nothing to back them up, that's what defense attorneys do. Otherwise judges would not have to give the admonition that juries cannot consider what the attorneys say--on either side--to be evidence.

JMO etc.
    I'm so tired.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to IzzyBlanche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Just because O'Mara states there are medical records, doesn't necessarily mean it's the truth. He's already been caught in a few whacks here recently and for all we know, he could have been waving around his weekly grocery list.

~jmo~
    Not only that but like I mentioned earlier, even IF he had a broken nose, we have no way of knowing where or how that happened, if he didn't seek medical attention AT the scene for said injury.

16. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to badme102 For This Useful Post:

I still say that it is possible that GZ hit himself in the head with his flashlight or gun...taking a fingernail size chunk out of his back, right and lower side of his scalp. Either that or TM was clawing his way away from the man with the gun.

18. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

When I was a kid back in the Mesozoic era, they came out with a fake blood product called "Vampire Blood."

http://weirdnews.about.com/od/weirds...steries_10.htm

For reasons I cannot now recall, I coveted this product. But when I finally got a tube, I was so disappointed. It didn't look like blood at all, but more like a sort of runny red Jello-like substance.

What bothers me about the picture is that the blood looks like my memories of Vampire Blood, down to the gel appearance.

JMO MOO yada yada.

ETA I've also cut myself shaving my legs countless times since the Mesozoic era, along with suffering from other bodily functions that I will not detail here, but suffice to say I know what real blood looks like and that isn't it. IMO.

I'll allow, however, that perhaps the lighting was bad.
    Last edited by IzzyBlanche; 04-29-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: tyhpo
    I'm so tired.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to IzzyBlanche For This Useful Post:

Something just occurred to me:
    Mary C and her roommate both said that GZ had both his hands up to his head. Maybe he grabbed his head, dug his own fingernails into his head and dragged the his fingers back toward his ears.

I wonder if LE took fingernail scrapings from under GZ's nails and if they found his own skin under his own nails?

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Something just occurred to me:
    Mary C and her roommate both said that GZ had both his hands up to his head. Maybe he grabbed his head, dug his own fingernails into his head and dragged the his fingers back toward his ears.

I wonder if LE took fingernail scrapings from under GZ's nails and if they found his own skin under his own nails?
    Good theory. Since LE didn't bother to do a drug or alcohol test on GZ, I think it would be too much to hope or expect they would collect fingernail scrapings from either him or Trayvon. JMO

23. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:

Fingers crossed the EMTs took notes. Did GZ have any blood on his hands?

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Just wanted to add that Zimmerman would have what is described as road rash if his head were repeatedly slammed into concrete. You can do a Google search on road rash and select images to get a very good idea of what this type of injury would look like. I won't link because there are some graphic photos there. You will see a major difference between the "injuries" that Zimmerman has versus a true case of road rash.

~jmo~
    But--and I am just playing devil's advocate here--if GZ's body were pinned under TM's weight, wouldn't his head have struck the concrete more or less directly, as opposed to laterally, producing road rash?

I admit the story about slipping out from under TM and sliding onto the grass is harder to understand. How does one do that without smearing the blood trails?

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    But--and I am just playing devil's advocate here--if GZ's body were pinned under TM's weight, wouldn't his head have struck the concrete more or less directly, as opposed to laterally, producing road rash?

I admit the story about slipping out from under TM and sliding onto the grass is harder to understand. How does one do that without smearing the blood trails?
    If someone was repeatedly slamming his head into concrete over and over and over again, the area would look just about like it looks in any photo of road rash. It's certainly not going to look like 2 very small puncture wounds. Additionally, for the area where the puncture wounds are located on Zimmerman's head, it would mean that Trayvon was standing up over him, holding him by his ankles, lifting him up and slamming his head down on the concrete. If Zimmerman were laying on the ground with Trayvon on top slamming his head, the wounds would be about midway down the skull or even lower, not almost at the crown of his head.

~jmo~

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

JMO
    I don't think it's safe to say anything until we see it with our own eyes? I've known lawyers to say things that they can never back up :cough: JB :cough: Yes, even in a court of law.

Why did this photographer only take a picture of his bleeding head and not his bleeding face?

Also, I think I want to make sure that the gun could not have caused GZ's broken nose. I'd like to see if there is a laceration on his nose or if it only bled out from inside his nose.

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Fingers crossed the EMTs took notes. Did GZ have any blood on his hands?
    I also want to know if George had any defensive wounds! Someone pounding your face and head, I'd think you'd put your hands up to block... at least! Bruises?

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

33. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

The GZ Head Boo-Boo -- who took the pic?

ABC News ...Video April 20
    Zimmerman Injuries Seen in Exclusive Photo
    ~Video shows IPhone time stamp info
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/zimm...death-16178849

Related article
    ABC News: Photo taken after Trayvon Martin shooting shows bloody George Zimmerman
    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...hooting/nMdbw/
    Sources tell ABC News that investigators have seen the photograph and are aware of the photographer’s story.

The person who took the photograph told ABC News he heard Martin and Zimmerman fighting before the shooting and that after Martin was killed, Zimmerman asked the photographer to call Zimmerman’s wife, allegedly blurting out, “Man, just tell her I shot someone.”

GPS and other data embedded in the photo shows it was taken at the scene with an iPhone just three minutes after the shooting, according to ABC News.

Then we have other commentary from GZ 'constituents'

April 20
    First of all, to you, Mr. Taaffe, do you believe it helped George Zimmerman to take the stand today?

TAAFFE: Absolutely. George is being George. Nancy, a couple weeks ago you wanted to see blood on a shirt. Now you have blood on the head. So, America, you have your blood. I`m also going to share with you this, that was a photo of George Zimmerman, and I know who the neighbor was that took it. And he came forward only to support George Zimmerman. And more of our neighbors are coming out --

GRACE: So, I`m taking it to believe --

TAAFFE: Are coming out to support him. They are going to support him.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../20/ng.01.html

March 27
    JOE OLIVER, FRIEND OF GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: About his injuries? About his broken nose and about the gashes on the back of his head?

GRACE: Yes.

OLIVER: That they happened. We are efforting, rather, a picture that was taken by one of the police investigators on the scene on an iPhone before George was cleaned up to show the severity of the beating.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../27/ng.01.html

just speculating.......

35. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to KateNY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    IMO,this is going to be one of the most critical parts of the case. There is a lot of disagreement as to whether George Z was truly injured or not.

I do believe he had some injuries-but as to the extent and severity I am not convinced.

I understand that he does not necessarily have to be critically injured or anything for his defense to hold up-but we have been told that he was badly injured so that is what the story is going to be.

Let's move the discussion regarding Zimmerman's injuries to this thread.

I know this is a hot topic so please do your best to be respectful of one another's points of view.
    BBM
    The most severe injuries that I've seen reported is a broken nose and a couple of lacerations to the back of his head. Is that considered badly injured? I don't think so. But I do think it could be proof of an assault on GZ if the injuries are documented. JMO.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    Do not believe his nose was broken on the night he shot Trayvon to death.
    So he broke it after?

Seems very unlikely to me.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KateNY View Post
    The GZ Head Boo-Boo -- who took the pic?

ABC News ...Video April 20
    Zimmerman Injuries Seen in Exclusive Photo
    ~Video shows IPhone time stamp info
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/zimm...death-16178849

Related article
    ABC News: Photo taken after Trayvon Martin shooting shows bloody George Zimmerman
    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...hooting/nMdbw/

Then we have other commentary from GZ 'constituents'

April 20

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../20/ng.01.html

March 27

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../27/ng.01.html

It seems all these people and the truth are strangers.

~jmo~

41. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyBlanche View Post
    You may be right. However, in that other Florida case the defense also claimed the victim drowned and that the accused had been sexually abused as a child, without ever IIRC presenting a smidge of evidence that either claim was true.

Claim things with nothing to back them up, that's what defense attorneys do. Otherwise judges would not have to give the admonition that juries cannot consider what the attorneys say--on either side--to be evidence.

JMO etc.
    In that other FL it was during opening statements that JB said that.
    It didn't need to be proven. Opening statements are pretty much useless and the "facts" or "claims" don't have to be proven.

JB never offered documentation to support his claims. MO'M did. On official court record.
    He has the medical records.

JMO
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I don't think it's safe to say anything until we see it with our own eyes? I've known lawyers to say things that they can never back up :cough: JB :cough: Yes, even in a court of law.

Why did this photographer only take a picture of his bleeding head and not his bleeding face?

Also, I think I want to make sure that the gun could not have caused GZ's broken nose. I'd like to see if there is a laceration on his nose or if it only bled out from inside his nose.

MOO
    We don't know if the photographer took a photo of GZ's face.
    We only know we haven't seen one.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast