GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Police are questioning friends and relatives of a missing Fort Bragg soldier who is believed to be in danger.

Kelli Bordeaux, 23, was last seen early Saturday morning leaving Froggy Bottoms bar in Fayetteville, N.C. The private first class, who is stationed at nearby Fort Bragg, was reported missing on Monday by base officials, police said.

"There is some information we've gathered that makes us concerned for her safety," said Fayetteville Police spokesperson Gavin MacRoberts. He declined to go into more detail due to the ongoing investigation.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/soldier-kelli-bordeaux-missing-fort-bragg/story?id=16157632#.T43PWO19GXw

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wtvd/cms_exf_2007/news/local/8624606_448x252.jpg

Bordeaux is described as standing 5' tall and weighing 99 pounds. She has blond hair and brown eyes. The soldier was reportedly last seen wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.

Fayetteville Police Public Information Officer Gavin MacRoberts said based on information gathered during the investigation, detectives believe she may be in danger and are asking for anyone who may have seen her to contact police at (910)433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910)483-TIPS (8477).
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8624607

Fort Bragg officials reported Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux, 23, missing on Monday, and police say she "may be in danger."

Bordeaux was last seen leaving Froggy Bottoms bar, at 6326 Ramsey St., around 1:20 a.m. Saturday. She was wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10991835/

link to article about original RSO charges of NH: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/103731/

case map: http://g.co/maps/fkpuu

Missing Person's report: http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/docs/041912_kelli_bordeaux_missing_person_report.pdf

thread #1
thread #2
thread #3
thread #4
thread #5
thread #6
Thread #7

verified locals: voh910

4/26/2012 presser audio courtesy of Chili Fries: http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/124581/Kelli_Bordeaux_PC_426
new picture of Kelli released taken from that night:http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/gallery?section=news/local&id=8624664&photo=1&pid=8636885

A serial predator would not be out of question in Kelli's case considering there are at least 5 unsolved rapes around where she lived and 7 unsolved rapes about 8 miles away.

A serial predator would not be out of question in Kelli's case considering there are at least 5 unsolved rapes around where she lived and 7 unsolved rapes about 8 miles away.

Would this serial predator rapist take the time to send 2 text messages to some friend of KB's that she had arrived home safely? Has that happened in any of the other unsolved rapes in the area? Were any of those 12 unsolved rapes a murder and was the body hidden?

Could be the case. However, the police stated that her the last cell phone ping was at Froggys. So, why would she leave her phone at the bar? NH said KB suddenly wanted to get out of the car at the apartment complex entrance - that doesn't add up either.... So. brings us back to something happening at Froggys....

Could be the case. However, the police stated that her the last cell phone ping was at Froggys. So, why would she leave her phone at the bar? NH said KB suddenly wanted to get out of the car at the apartment complex entrance - that does't add up either.... So. brings us back to something happening at Froggys....

I am totally ignorant when it comes to technology and cell phone pings. But I thought it was stated here that there are two towers, the ping could have come from her apt area as well as froggy's. Can a ping be that specific to know exactly where it came from....I know GPS is very specific. But I thought that pings were within a certain radius of where it last pinged?

Just a brief answer is fine, I don't need a lesson on pings, I have tried and I just don't understand how its done.... I am ping illiterate...lol TIA

I am totally ignorant when it comes to technology and cell phone pings. But I thought it was stated here that there are two towers, the ping could have come from her apt area as well as froggy's. Can a ping be that specific to know exactly where it came from....I know GPS is very specific. But I thought that pings were within a certain radius of where it last pinged?

Just a brief answer is fine, I don't need a lesson on pings, I have tried and I just don't understand how its done.... I am ping illiterate...lol TIA

It depends. Its so close that if one was "full" it would ping to the next nearest. JMO

All I know is that there was news footage of the police making the comment that last phone ping was at Froggys. They were very specific. Not sure if they were bluffing, or not. Someone else posted on here that by using triangulation, the police can get within feet of where phone actually pinged!

Thanks VOH for answering our questions. Everyone's ideas, supositions and opinions add to the interest, energy and spice of this discussion. We care about Kelli, want her to be found and want proper justice to be served. I appreciate everyone's participation and hope to goodness we are able to see movement and answers in Kelli's situation soon.

I've decided that for me, am putting the bar tab issue on the shelf; as a non-issue - on either evidence of or reason for what happened to Kelli.

VOH, when you say that no one left or entered bar 30 minutes on either side of when KB & NH left, does that include NH & KB?

Could be the case. However, the police stated that her the last cell phone ping was at Froggys. So, why would she leave her phone at the bar? NH said KB suddenly wanted to get out of the car at the apartment complex entrance - that does't add up either.... So. brings us back to something happening at Froggys....

Kelli did not carry a purse that evening from reports. The LE have stated that they have not found the cell phone and as far as your quote above I agree that they are focused on finding it at Froggys.

Kelli had been drinking. I don't find it out of the question yet that she forgot it there. She could have easily set it on a car hood, bumper or truck bed upon exiting the bar and the vehicle owner left the bar that night and the phone flew off somewhere down the road and is sitting in the gravel or grassy ditch miles away. I see this often mornings, usually as folks rush off to work they set shoes, coffee, and I recently saw a guitar on the top of the car and drive off down the road. You get my view.
What about a girls love of nature calling and running behind some trees to go. She could easily have squatted down and her phone slid out of her shorts pocket and not recognized it immediately.
With the drive being a short ride she may not have missed it til she got out. Someone earlier wondered if she began walking back to Froggys to retrieve her phone.

I think there are reasonable explanations to why her phone last pings at froggys not even considering that it might have pinged there from her place as well.
JMO alternative thoughts

Found this re Triangulation Cell Phone Ping:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2385973_triangulate-cell-phone.html

Would this serial predator rapist take the time to send 2 text messages to some friend of KB's that she had arrived home safely? Has that happened in any of the other unsolved rapes in the area? Were any of those 12 unsolved rapes a murder and was the body hidden?

I do not think my theory can hold up to answer the got home safe message. oh boy
JMO

I think triangulation is pretty accurate, so the police could tell if last ping at bar or apartment. Also, there is that text, "got home safety", that is odd if phone left at bar.

Okay, so the most accurate pings they can get are 25-100 meters.... according to the link you provided. So, not being mathematically literate either... I used this conversion chart....
http://www.worldwidemetric.com/measurements.html

Not totally accurate that it would be there right at froggy's but I can now see why they keep searching and searching and searching. If it was not destroyed and then removed from the area. It is really close....Hmmmmm

IF KB dropped the phone in parking lot of Froggys, it would continue to ping. Unless, someone removed battery or it died.

Portabella,

Remember all those geometry lessons you hated in school? Figuring out the degrees of the angles in triangles? Thankfully, some geeks love that math and have used it as the basis for telecommunications science. Telecomm technicians/engineers use those same principles to triangulate the approximate point of actual ping locations between towers. Not a perfect science, but it's become far more accurate these days.

In this instance, results may also be supported by GPS information from the iPhone 4s, too. Aside from the standard GPS that Kelli may have had set to active on the phone, many, many phone apps include a service called 'location' on by default. An example: Say Kelli used Facebook or twitter apps on her phone, and had either set to 'update location'. Each time that Kelli sent an update (post), the content would automagically be updated with her GPS location at the time.

Not saying that Kelli did use any app like that the night she went missing, those are just examples of phone apps that usually have 'location' turned on by default.

Police may have:
  • The triangulated ping report from teleco
  • GPS - basic service from the phone
  • Potentially other location updates from app Kelli used on her phone
  • iPhone 'find my phone' locater - last set of data

Even with all of those data points, or just one, it doesn't answer where Kelli is, but points LE to where to begin looking for the phone when it was disabled. Kelli may or may not have been near at the time, but whoever was in possession of her phone was last near that ping location, KWIM?

>skip this part if you really don't want a lesson< ;p

(FWIW, all of these application services are all part of big business for software developers these days. They all fall under 'geolocation'. Many companies pay big money, and make big money by gathering data on where people are at any given time. Have you heard of FourSquare or Groupon? People 'check-in' electronically to their local coffee shop, and the local coffee shop uses that knowledge of the customer's proximity to offer coupons, discounts & specials. And they gather a truckload of data about consumer buying habits in the process. All because these cool little gadgets on our phones do it automagically.)

IF KB dropped the phone in parking lot of Froggys, it would continue to ping. Unless, someone removed battery or it died.

Or, if they knew how to disable all data pushes on an iPhone, or alternately, destroyed it.

Destroying the unit would be easier than removing battery or knowing how to turn off every data push on an iPhone, IMO. If perp knew enough to do that, perp may have hidden phone far, far away since. Otherwise, it's likely in pieces somewhere now, not a whole phone. Which would be pretty hard to find if scattered in wilderness - or in the bottom of a nearby body of water. Like the pond.

If KB left her phone somewhere like the bar, it doesn't make sense that someone would have found it and randomly texted two text messages to her friend in FL.

What makes more logical sense is that she had her phone with her as she left the bar and NH is the one who manipulated that phone, sending the 2 text messages, as a way of leading the trail away from him. Then he disabled the phone or destroyed the phone and discarded the phone.

While I have suspicions on both NH and MB, after comparing cases, this article of statistics really puts a twist in my thought process. Last Thursday, I helped in the search party for Kelli. I saw NH's lean-to and personal hygiene products, the bar area, her apartment, etc. What stood out to me was the HUGE road construction going on directly across the street from the bar with acres of orange clay and bulldozers. These other women in this article were "abducted" or went "missing" near a major highway and some confirmed with major on-going road construction. Some of these girls' appearances are almost identical. Especially Holly Bobo and KB. Case info is also very similar. Just something to think about and study.

http://www.zimbio.com/IU/articles/3i54JV9Gmis/Pretty+Blonde+Kelli+Bordeaux+Goes+Missing

No one knows who really sent the text messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77