1270 users online (233 members and 1037 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #8

Police are questioning friends and relatives of a missing Fort Bragg soldier who is believed to be in danger.

Kelli Bordeaux, 23, was last seen early Saturday morning leaving Froggy Bottoms bar in Fayetteville, N.C. The private first class, who is stationed at nearby Fort Bragg, was reported missing on Monday by base officials, police said.

"There is some information we've gathered that makes us concerned for her safety," said Fayetteville Police spokesperson Gavin MacRoberts. He declined to go into more detail due to the ongoing investigation.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/soldier-kel...2#.T43PWO19GXw

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wt...06_448x252.jpg

Bordeaux is described as standing 5' tall and weighing 99 pounds. She has blond hair and brown eyes. The soldier was reportedly last seen wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.

Fayetteville Police Public Information Officer Gavin MacRoberts said based on information gathered during the investigation, detectives believe she may be in danger and are asking for anyone who may have seen her to contact police at (910)433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910)483-TIPS (8477).
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=8624607

Fort Bragg officials reported Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux, 23, missing on Monday, and police say she "may be in danger."

Bordeaux was last seen leaving Froggy Bottoms bar, at 6326 Ramsey St., around 1:20 a.m. Saturday. She was wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.
    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10991835/

link to article about original RSO charges of NH: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/103731/

case map: http://g.co/maps/fkpuu

Missing Person's report: http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/docs...son_report.pdf

thread #1
    thread #2
    thread #3
    thread #4
    thread #5
    thread #6
    Thread #7

verified locals: voh910

4/26/2012 presser audio courtesy of Chili Fries: http://yourlisten.com/channel/conten...ordeaux_PC_426
    new picture of Kelli released taken from that night:http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/gallery?...=1&pid=8636885
    Last edited by KateB; 05-02-2015 at 11:16 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

A serial predator would not be out of question in Kelli's case considering there are at least 5 unsolved rapes around where she lived and 7 unsolved rapes about 8 miles away.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by sundrop View Post
    A serial predator would not be out of question in Kelli's case considering there are at least 5 unsolved rapes around where she lived and 7 unsolved rapes about 8 miles away.
    Would this serial predator rapist take the time to send 2 text messages to some friend of KB's that she had arrived home safely? Has that happened in any of the other unsolved rapes in the area? Were any of those 12 unsolved rapes a murder and was the body hidden?

Could be the case. However, the police stated that her the last cell phone ping was at Froggys. So, why would she leave her phone at the bar? NH said KB suddenly wanted to get out of the car at the apartment complex entrance - that doesn't add up either.... So. brings us back to something happening at Froggys....
    Last edited by curiousjo; 04-29-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousjo View Post
    Could be the case. However, the police stated that her the last cell phone ping was at Froggys. So, why would she leave her phone at the bar? NH said KB suddenly wanted to get out of the car at the apartment complex entrance - that does't add up either.... So. brings us back to something happening at Froggys....
    I am totally ignorant when it comes to technology and cell phone pings. But I thought it was stated here that there are two towers, the ping could have come from her apt area as well as froggy's. Can a ping be that specific to know exactly where it came from....I know GPS is very specific. But I thought that pings were within a certain radius of where it last pinged?

Just a brief answer is fine, I don't need a lesson on pings, I have tried and I just don't understand how its done.... I am ping illiterate...lol TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Portabella View Post
    I am totally ignorant when it comes to technology and cell phone pings. But I thought it was stated here that there are two towers, the ping could have come from her apt area as well as froggy's. Can a ping be that specific to know exactly where it came from....I know GPS is very specific. But I thought that pings were within a certain radius of where it last pinged?

Just a brief answer is fine, I don't need a lesson on pings, I have tried and I just don't understand how its done.... I am ping illiterate...lol TIA
    It depends. Its so close that if one was "full" it would ping to the next nearest. JMO

Thanks Bessie for rolling us into a new Thread.

All I know is that there was news footage of the police making the comment that last phone ping was at Froggys. They were very specific. Not sure if they were bluffing, or not. Someone else posted on here that by using triangulation, the police can get within feet of where phone actually pinged!
    Last edited by curiousjo; 04-29-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks VOH for answering our questions. Everyone's ideas, supositions and opinions add to the interest, energy and spice of this discussion. We care about Kelli, want her to be found and want proper justice to be served. I appreciate everyone's participation and hope to goodness we are able to see movement and answers in Kelli's situation soon.

I've decided that for me, am putting the bar tab issue on the shelf; as a non-issue - on either evidence of or reason for what happened to Kelli.

VOH, when you say that no one left or entered bar 30 minutes on either side of when KB & NH left, does that include NH & KB?

Quote Originally Posted by curiousjo View Post
    Could be the case. However, the police stated that her the last cell phone ping was at Froggys. So, why would she leave her phone at the bar? NH said KB suddenly wanted to get out of the car at the apartment complex entrance - that does't add up either.... So. brings us back to something happening at Froggys....
    Kelli did not carry a purse that evening from reports. The LE have stated that they have not found the cell phone and as far as your quote above I agree that they are focused on finding it at Froggys.

Kelli had been drinking. I don't find it out of the question yet that she forgot it there. She could have easily set it on a car hood, bumper or truck bed upon exiting the bar and the vehicle owner left the bar that night and the phone flew off somewhere down the road and is sitting in the gravel or grassy ditch miles away. I see this often mornings, usually as folks rush off to work they set shoes, coffee, and I recently saw a guitar on the top of the car and drive off down the road. You get my view.
    What about a girls love of nature calling and running behind some trees to go. She could easily have squatted down and her phone slid out of her shorts pocket and not recognized it immediately.
    With the drive being a short ride she may not have missed it til she got out. Someone earlier wondered if she began walking back to Froggys to retrieve her phone.

I think there are reasonable explanations to why her phone last pings at froggys not even considering that it might have pinged there from her place as well.
    JMO alternative thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Portabella View Post

Found this re Triangulation Cell Phone Ping:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2385973_tria...ell-phone.html

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Would this serial predator rapist take the time to send 2 text messages to some friend of KB's that she had arrived home safely? Has that happened in any of the other unsolved rapes in the area? Were any of those 12 unsolved rapes a murder and was the body hidden?
    I do not think my theory can hold up to answer the got home safe message. oh boy
    JMO

I think triangulation is pretty accurate, so the police could tell if last ping at bar or apartment. Also, there is that text, "got home safety", that is odd if phone left at bar.

Okay, so the most accurate pings they can get are 25-100 meters.... according to the link you provided. So, not being mathematically literate either... I used this conversion chart....
    http://www.worldwidemetric.com/measurements.html

Not totally accurate that it would be there right at froggy's but I can now see why they keep searching and searching and searching. If it was not destroyed and then removed from the area. It is really close....Hmmmmm

IF KB dropped the phone in parking lot of Froggys, it would continue to ping. Unless, someone removed battery or it died.

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast