GUILTY FL - Emilio Bautista, 7 wks, scalded to death, Port Richey, 17 April 2012

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.examiner.com/article/mot...under-scalding-water-for-crying-baby-critical

holding her 7-week-old baby under scalding hot running water from her bathroom faucet - because the baby wouldn’t stop crying. Police say that the mother, Chekayla Dampier of New Port Richey, held the baby under the hot water tap for two to three minutes

She demonstrated placing the baby's head directly under the spout and turning on the hot water, the complaint said.

She admitted that when she dried the baby, his skin was coming off and other parts of his skin was bubbling, the complaint said.

Sheriff's forensics took the temperature of the hot water and it registered at 142 degrees

I would like to hold her head under 142 degree water for 5 minutes please :furious:

Cruel, mean, sadistic, heartless, devil woman.

The pain must have been excruciating. I spent the afternoon rocking, feeding and loving on my 3 week old nephew. This horrible act isn't even registering on my brain right now. How do some people get to be so monstrous?

WTH??????!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I pray to God the child will make a speedy and full recovery and a wonderful, and a loving adoptive family will provide him with all of the love and nurturing he deserves, FAR removed from his egg donor. Amen.

:( Ya know, my son was colicky from about two weeks old till 5 months or so. Those first few months of his life were spent with him crying for hours on end. I understand how frustrating it can be. But, how does burning the baby mean he'll stop crying? Wouldn't he have cried more?

Why not reach out to someone, anyone, and ask for help? This can't be said enough; it's okay to lay the baby down in their crib/bassinet and walk away for a few minutes. Call someone, anyone and tell them you need help. Anything to keep this from happening to another sweet baby.

RIP little angel. I am so sorry your last moments on this earth were filled with so much agony and pain from the one who was supposed to love you most.

Cruel, mean, sadistic, heartless, devil woman.

The pain must have been excruciating. I spent the afternoon rocking, feeding and loving on my 3 week old nephew. This horrible act isn't even registering on my brain right now. How do some people get to be so monstrous?

Yes, you pretty much summed it up right there. Did this egg-donor think scalding hot water would help the child stop crying? Another Shelby Dasher right there!

MOO

Mel

She done this unspeakable thing because her baby wouldn't stop crying?! What did she think would happen? The baby would just stop crying while being scalded?

I put up with constant crying and having an hour or less sleep a night for 6months with both my kids and I didn't once think of doing anything to harm them,you just have to get on with it.if I didn't look after my babies and keep them safe, who would?!

I would love to do the exact same to her and see if it stops her crying.my blood boils reading things like this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

These are the types of horrible crimes that I wish we could have the punishment fit the crime. She should get what she gave...burn her until her skin falls off. This is beyond cruel. A baby for heavens sake. IMOO

Why do people like that even have children? Its hardly an unforeseen circumstance that if you have a baby, it will cry. If you can't cope with that don't have one.

These are the types of horrible crimes that I wish we could have the punishment fit the crime. She should get what she gave...burn her until her skin falls off. This is beyond cruel. A baby for heavens sake. IMOO

Unfortunately, murderers like this are almost never prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If it were a stranger who killed this child, the death penalty would certaintly be appropriate, right? But this woman will get under a decade.
Murdering your own children is rarely prosecuted as strenously as, IMO, it should be.

Murdering your own child has even been codified into law as seperate from plain old murder in the UK:

Infanticide Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My daughter had colic that seemed to last the first six months. Her face got beet red, she drew her little legs up and screamed. The dr said she was just spoiled - It never crossed my mind to inflict more pain. I changed formulas, I tried letting her cry it out - but couldn't let her cry for long - she was in pain and if I held her just so, paced around, sang - she might settle down. No sleep for an extended length of time ... But when she wasn't in pain and crying, she was adorable and would smile a smile that made my heart sing. Yes, your baby is going to cry at times but a baby with colic fights pain for so many hours, if you haven't been through it, you don't understand. I don't want to see this woman burned or tortured, but confined forever and treated for her mental deficiency.

The Infanticide Act only applies when the mother is found to be not of sound mind due to the effects of recently giving birth, ie, post natal depression. Its similar to the defense of manslaughter due to unsound mind, and yes that defense is available to strangers who kill too.

Anyway, that's Britain. I don't think Florida will be so lenient, they'll probably charge her with 1st degree murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back