Found Deceased CA - Katie Wilkins, 25, dies of heroin OD, Los Angeles County, 28 April 2012

Sorry, been awhile since I saw this station's live broadcasts. Just seems off. But I'm sure that's just me ...

Anyway, here's a little more info. Guess she was staying at her parent's home for the weekend while they were away. She was supposed to have company I believe on Sunday. She arrived on Friday and her bros came by on Saturday and found her body. There was food that was being prepared and she had started laundry. Now her convertible BMW is missing.

Someone knows something.

JMHO
fran

http://www.ktla.com/videogallery/69...-Found-in-Malibu-watch-David-Begnaud-s-report

The whole family was just on the local news. They seemed so matter of fact......maybe they are in shock, or maybe there was something about her life/friends etc that made this not too much of a surprise.

I don't know....

This story is on JVM on HLN right now. JVM has Katie's dad on via phone.

I saw this on Jane's show. Something just feels odd to me about it. I haven't read the articles yet so I don't know if there is anything new.

I never say this, I am always open to people grieving in their own ways....but I have to say that the dad sounded very strangely calm and collected. It is hard to explain, but if anyone can listen to the rerun, I would be curious about their comments.

The victim is my sons age and he and his girlfriend were here so I called them in to look at the segment, because we live about 8 miles away from where she died. And they said the same thing about the fathers demeanor. Very odd, imo.

My first thought was this Dad must be in shock because he sounded like a reporter or Police officer just giving us the facts. It was odd.

My first thought was this Dad must be in shock because he sounded like a reporter or Police officer just giving us the facts. It was odd.

He was very matter-of-fact and sounded like he was describing a lost wallet or something. It struck me as very odd and kind of awkward.

I am not accusing him of anything at all. It just seems like a strange family dynamic.

He was very matter-of-fact and sounded like he was describing a lost wallet or something. It struck me as very odd and kind of awkward.

I am not accusing him of anything at all. It just seems like a strange family dynamic.

I think the parents are trying to hold up for the son he has a baby on the way a girl. And was in tears on the news clip I seen. So sad.

Another couple of local articles from today:

Katie Wilkins, 25-Year-Old Graphic Designer, Found Dead in Malibu Garage; BMW Missing
LAweekly
By Simone Wilson Mon., Apr. 30 2012 at 8:45 AM

"Somebody stole her car..."

"... so we're working with the police detectives to try to find leads to try to find out who may have done this," Rob Wilkins, her dad, tells ABC7.

The coroner hasn't yet finished an autopsy on young Wilkins, but her family has been telling reporters that L.A. County Sheriff's homicide detectives are looking into possible foul play.

Their upscale home is nestled into the hills above eastern Malibu, on a somewhat remote cul-de-sac surrounded by a couple dozen other houses. It's positioned somewhere along West Moon Shadows Drive: (There is a google map)

"Update, 3 p.m.: Sheriff's Lieutenant Dave Dolson says that although "it appears that there was no foul play involved" in Wilkins' death, investigators are "still looking for the car" as the L.A. County Coroner's Office conducts toxicology tests.

Dolson says locating the car will "help put some pieces together" -- including the possibility that she was with someone at the house before she died."

and...

Katie Wilkins Body Found in Malibu, Investigators Seek Clues
Posted: April 30th, 2012 in Los Angeles by LALATE

"Katie Wilkins’ body was found inside the family’s home in Malibu on Moon Shadows Drive. Her body was discovered inside the family’s car garage. But Wilkins’ own car was missing. Investigators are asking the public to be on the lookout for a 1998 silver BMW Z3 with the license plate #4AMN558."

The Daily Mail (my favorite low end news source) has an article with lots of big pictures.

What happened to Katie?

Their sources seem to be LAweekly and KABC-TV and KTLA.

"'We're not angry. We're not upset with anyone who might have been with her,' Mr Wilkins told KTLA-TV.

'We just want them to come forward and help bring some closure to Katie. She was loved by a lot of people.'"

"Controversially, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office has ruled out foul play after an autopsy."

Weird.

I don't get how they can rule out foul play, if her car is missing. Where did her car go?

And how does a healthy young 25 yr old woman just die in the garage, without it being suicide or foul play? There is no mention of drugs? So what happened?

Perhaps this thread title needs to be changed from "killed" to "found dead".

Perhaps this thread title needs to be changed from "killed" to "found dead".
May be. As one of the articles pointed out:

"Malibu officials pride themselves on the city's low homicide rate, and like to keep it at zero, if possible. They raised a huge fuss earlier this year when the death of a restaurant worker was erroneously reported as a murder, and made sure the public knew it had only been due to the victim's own poor health."

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/04/katie_wilkins_found_dead_malibu_garage_bmw_missing.php

i saw the jvm report. the interview with the father was one of the strangest i've ever heard. i even double checked to make sure this was actually the father.

STRANGE.....here in L.A., it was called a murder on the news right off the bat.

OK....thinking outloud here.

If she died from natural causes or suicide, they would be acting more devastated I would think. So the last option (possibility of what happened) is ???

i saw the jvm report. the interview with the father was one of the strangest i've ever heard. i even double checked to make sure this was actually the father.

He just seemed so devoid of emotion or sorrow of any kind. My DH would have been inconsolable. It is hard to imagine a father being so matter of fact and composed, seemingly unaffected, so soon after his daughter's untimely death. It just felt so odd the way he answered the questions as if he were discussing a routine matter of some kind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back