Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CA - Katie Wilkins found dead in the garage of her parents' home

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    How is this not a murder? I find it very weird they first said murder now is it because they want to keep it murder free they are backtracking? JMO but very weird.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Maybe drugs are involved. Maybe the family knew of a long time addiction or something like that. A possible OD and whomever was with her panicked and left in her car.
    That is what is making the most sense to me so far. Maybe she had a history of cocaine use or something. It is the only way to make sense of the family not seeming to be shocked, but to seem sad but accepting. JMO
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

That does make sense....but why the yellow tape and calling it a murder??
    ~*~ Justice for Caylee ~*~

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BaileyandBella For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyandBella View Post
    That does make sense....but why the yellow tape and calling it a murder??
    Malibu doesn't have many dead body calls. Lost Hills Sheriff station is very small. They do not investigate many murders around here. And that was a pretty nice mansion she was found in.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Her brothers comments from here. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...s-malibu-home/

“I put my hand to her wrist and it was really cold,” Steve Wilkins told ABC News affiliate KABC. “All of a sudden, a bunch of questions come through, what happened? How could she be left like this? Was she alone?”

This just sounds so weird to me....I can't put my finger on it.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BaileyandBella For This Useful Post:

It also makes sense why someone might drive away instead of staying and calling 911. If she was ill with natural causes then her visitor would have called for help. imo.

And her brother saying " How could she be left like this?" That almost sounds like he knew it might be an OD. imo

I could be wrong, but nothing else makes any sense so far. I raised my kids around here, and a lot of the local rich kids were doing a lot of hard drugs.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Maybe she still had a needle in her arm or something like that. it's the only thing that makes sense.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

Has anyone heard where she lived? She was housesitting for her parents.
    I heard she lived in Orange County. I believe I heard/saw that on jvm.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    It also makes sense why someone might drive away instead of staying and calling 911. If she was ill with natural causes then her visitor would have called for help. imo.

And her brother saying " How could she be left like this?" That almost sounds like he knew it might be an OD. imo

I could be wrong, but nothing else makes any sense so far. I raised my kids around here, and a lot of the local rich kids were doing a lot of hard drugs.
    I'm with ya on this one!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kaliste For This Useful Post:

So she had just put in a load of laundry in the washer.(or someone did, hope they checked for fingerprints on the washer buttons, I wonder what was in the washing machine as well) That cycle at most is 45 minutes....it was still running when the brother arrived. So that would mean whatever happened to her happened in the minutes before her brother arrived?

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

I was listening to JVM as I was driving last evening & her father said the 2 of them had run a half marathon a few months ago & she was in good physical shape. That makes me doubt drug use.

Not seeing his expressions, only able to hear his voice, he sounded perplexed about what may have happened but I did not read that as emotionless. I took him as someone who is practiced at not showing personal feelings publicly. The brother seemed much the same on a news video earlier.

To me, what seemed strange in the reporting was she felt cold to the touch, yet the clothes dryer was still going.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=8641445

In this piece it says the brother arrived in the afternoon, and she was cold to his touch. I have read now him arriving in the morning and afternoon. The laundry in the washing machine still in cycle....if she was cold AND the wash was in cycle then how could it not be foul play? Who knows what is misreporting...hard to figure out.....

Also the brother sounds odd.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

Ahhhh...the dryer VS the feeling cold!!

Did he call 911 right away?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BaileyandBella For This Useful Post:

My husband is a Paramedic and I asked him a few questions about being cold. He said if she had a congenital health problem, she could've gone into shock and turn cold right away.

In general, he said people do turn cold within 30-60 minutes. I didn't even know if could happen that fast. Plus if she was laying on the concrete floor, she could have felt colder from that.

If Katie was "cold" as her brother reported then she had been dead for some time. My initial thoughts would be that whom ever was there with her when she died/was killed took time to pick up evidence, put clothes in the wash to destroy evidence and then take off in the car. The person that took the car must have left well before the brother arrived or the brother would have passed the car on the road, no multilane hiway in the "Bu", and recognized it as his sisters car. Very odd case indeed!

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slmineburg For This Useful Post:

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaďs Nin
    This is so strange. Most of my questions have already been posted..but how bizarre.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truthful Lies For This Useful Post:

She could have been doing well, but then had a drug habit relapse.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

I am wondering as well if the buttons on the washer and dryer were checked for fingerprints. Also there is wrinkle settings on the dryer so every so often the dryer comes on for a minute or so. Maybe it was misconstrued as on...and it was on wrinkle guard. Another thing is that food was being prepared and coffee beans in the coffee grinder. So it may indicate that she was making breakfast...but obvious it could have been later. Would be interested in learning her coffee consumption. I would only have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning, not at any other time of day.

Also, wouldn't it be a VERY BIG coincidence that she died of natural causes AND her car was stolen?

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

So, if this is not considered a murder, it's just case closed? That means the Police won't be checking her computer, etc etc?

Also, if she was strangled or suffocated etc (no outward signs of death) would that have shown up on the autopsy right away?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BaileyandBella For This Useful Post:

I think they are still checking things out. But I have not even seen anything on the local news today, so they must not think there is a killer running loose.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Local ABC news (Channel 7) just mentioned it....saying there was no foul play.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BaileyandBella For This Useful Post:

So, if this is not considered a murder, it's just case closed? That means the Police won't be checking her computer, etc etc?

Also, if she was strangled or suffocated etc (no outward signs of death) would that have shown up on the autopsy right away?
    I believe there are physical signs of suffocation and strangulation...tissue damage....I also think something happens to the blood vessels in the eyes...gosh this is gross....

It just concerns me that they didn't find a natural cause and are so quick to say no foul play. They can do a quick toxicology, so maybe they did that and something showed up. I hope they don't drop the ball on this. Rebecca Zahau comes to mind. The LE closed that case pretty quickly when there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that she was murdered. I know this situation isn't the same...but it is very odd.

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

She could have had her dealer with her. She ODs and he/she freaks out because their only way out of Malibu is her car. I have had friends be clean for over a year, they have run marathons and won weight-lifting contests... I don't understand but when they relapsed it killed them.

Maybe one of the nurses on here could explain why when the drug addict relapses they OD easier.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

General George S. Patton

44. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crystalgenie View Post
    She could have had her dealer with her. She ODs and he/she freaks out because their only way out of Malibu is her car. I have had friends be clean for over a year, they have run marathons and won weight-lifting contests... I don't understand but when they relapsed it killed them.

Maybe one of the nurses on here could explain why when the drug addict relapses they OD easier.
    Those are some really good points. First of all, very true that her parents home is hidden away in the mountains of East Malibu, on windy little roads. You would need a car to get away without being noticed.

And she was supposedly getting ready for a small party being held at the home. So it would make sense that her dealer might be making an early stop there. Or maybe, just an old friend from back home, one that she used to party with. And maybe, like you mentioned, she was not used to doing drugs anymore. A body can go into cardiac arrest if not used to getting as high as before. It would make sense that the person who provided the high would need to disappear.

We had a tragic death of a high school kid in Agoura Hills, right next door to Malibu, months ago. And the kids friends who were 'partying' with him noticed he was really drunk and was sick, but they took him home to bed, and left him, to be found dead the next morning. It was heartbreaking.

But LE found everyone involved by going through his text messages. A couple of kids were charged with dealing heroin and coke and pot by looking at the cell records.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Strange case. If she died of an overdose, wouldn't that be quite noticeable by the medical examiner? Fresh needle mark, residue in the nose or mouth? Stomach contents, blood, condition of the heart or lungs? Maybe the ME knows, and has told LE and the parents what they suspect, but have to wait on the toxicology report?

Anyone know what the father's occupation is? TIA

No personal experience, but I've heard the reason for ODing in people who had quit previously is the amount of the drug they use. Apparently they build up a resistance and then when they partake again they use the same dosage they had been use to....and the body can't take it. ??

48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast