trial thread: 5/1/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone! Just a beautiful day with sun shine, flowers blooming, and the mama robin is nesting just outside our front door in the weeping crabapple tree - she has four little blue eggs she is protecting from the high winds and rain last night. New life, new beginnings, and new hope for baby Gabriel.

saba,

I can't get the azfamily site to work......do you have it working? TIA

saba,

I can't get the azfamily site to work......do you have it working? TIA

i have the seal showing on both kpho and az family- try refreshing and then click on video

I have az fam on but only the state seal showing . . . good to be riding along today with you all.

az fam still showing seal on my screen. I'm so excited that I get to watch a trial (maybe) along with you guys. This is my first since Caylee's case.

We lost a juror yesterday due to financial hardship . . . they are now down to 1? alternate? Maybe the delay this morning is related to that issue. (?)

az fam still showing seal on my screen. I'm so excited that I get to watch a trial (maybe) along with you guys. This is my first since Caylee's case.

Well, they start late and take short weeks. And if they have arugments or whatever prior to the days trial they don't have to come in early to argue; the jury has to wait. BUT the jury gets to ask the witnesses questions which is cool

I love how the judge asks if there are any questions..."going once, going twice..."

Now I have two coworkers yapping in my office. ARRRRRGH

This lady looks like the one wife from Sister Wives.

First witness of the day being sworn in . . . Alisha Shumway - Atty Andrews up to bat. Mental Health Clinician currently - but was an investigator w/CPS for AZ during the time. Someone called into the hotline central intake unit - once decided it is a report . . . assigned per area code. Info only or an actual report . . . urgency priority 1-4 . . . 1 reports within 2 hrs, 2 priority within 48 hrs, 3 priority within 72 hrs, and a four is investigated within one week.

in 2009 report of child Gabriel J., they are not allowed to disclose source of the info of who made the report. First person contacted was Logan McQ. on 12/11/09 - first contact by telephone and set up appt to met with him on 12/14. Logan was on his way to family court to file for family custody. Talked with EJ (mom) prior to meeting with Logan on 12/11 at her residence in Tempe. Knocked on the door, introduced self and agency she worked for, she was meeting with a couple to sell her dogs and asked CPS worker to stay outside the door. Didn't call before - standard protocol - don't want the family to get a heads up to fix problems before arrival (ie: dirty house getting quickly cleaned before CPS arrival). Couple left with at least one dog - doesn't recall more than one dog. She was allowed to enter residence at the time - only EJ present at the time. No other dogs in the home at the time. EJ was shocked to hear allegations were she was leaving child home alone and their home was unstable. First EJ denied instability but later claimed instable home and domestic violence. EJ went to Logan's home and slashed items in his home - she was ordered to take anger mgmt classes and EJ alleges Gabe was not present during that time. EJ advised she had taken Gabe to the Smiths house and they were prospective adoptive parents. Didn't contact the Smiths at the time, the Smiths were in process of adopting, had a private atty, everything was legal according to EJ. When spoke w/EJ - CPS wanted to see baby Gabe - she didn't have any adoption paperwork for her the worker - she was still legal guardian of the child and had to ascertain the condition of the child while in EJ's primary care. Spoke w/Logan on 12/11 and met with him on 12/14 @ 9am. Met with Logan in person - had conversation about allegations and what EJ said to her. Atty will not ask questions about what Logan said, but she admits she had info on the two parents relationship, the adoption, pending court dates, etc. She left a message on his business line and Mrs. Smith returned the call - CPS said they needed to see the child. EJ told CPS GaBe would be available to meet with later that day. Smith said she had known EJ for quite a while. Typed notes about what happened . . . . notes do not contain everything . . . put things in quote marks to accurately reflect info provide to CPS. A quote is a statement some one said to her. Smith said she had know EJ "quite a while". TS was babysitting while Mom looking for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31