Salt and Ice Game is getting popular among teens once again...

Portabella

Reaction score
http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...lt-and-ice-game-gaining-popularity-in-schools

The game is played by putting salt on the skin, pressing ice on top of it and holding it in place until the ice melts or until the pain becomes too severe. Numerous people have posted YouTube videos of themselves participating in the challenge, which experts say can cause severe burns to the skin, similar to frostbite.

I am embarrassed to say my son played this game in high school. He has multiple large white scars down his arm where he burned off his freckles. I was livid when he came home with the burns as big as a silver dollar sometimes bigger. This is worth discussing with your kids. I never knew about it until after the fact....Leaves really horrid scarring....Kids do amazingly dumb things at times....IMHO

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...lt-and-ice-game-gaining-popularity-in-schools

The game is played by putting salt on the skin, pressing ice on top of it and holding it in place until the ice melts or until the pain becomes too severe. Numerous people have posted YouTube videos of themselves participating in the challenge, which experts say can cause severe burns to the skin, similar to frostbite.

I am embarrassed to say my son played this game in high school. He has multiple large white scars down his arm where he burned off his freckles. I was livid when he came home with the burns as big as a silver dollar sometimes bigger. This is worth discussing with your kids. I never knew about it until after the fact....Leaves really horrid scarring....Kids do amazingly dumb things at times....IMHO

Did you give him the cold shoulder? :giggle:

:what:No truthfully just told him he was an idiot....he was in pain but served him right....:)

But this is the same kid who a few years earlier....ready ready....... shredded his fingers thinking he could hold back a blender.... was scared to death to tell me....came in my room, woke me up, and we had to go to hospital ER for shredded fingers, cause he just had to see if he had the strength to hold it back....OMG.....ADD I am not kidding.....:maddening:

Oh no, I'm way behind, never heard of this and hope kids do not do it!!

:what:No truthfully just told him he was an idiot....he was in pain but served him right....:)

But this is the same kid who a few years earlier....ready ready....... shredded his fingers thinking he could hold back a blender.... was scared to death to tell me....came in my room, woke me up, and we had to go to hospital ER for shredded fingers, cause he just had to see if he had the strength to hold it back....OMG.....ADD I am not kidding.....:maddening:

My dd did this just a couple of weeks ago. She had nasty red burns on her forearms that hurt a lot. When she showed them to me several times while they were healing I'd say "what does that say" and she's say "I'm an idiot" lol

I know a guy who scraped out the blasting powder from a toy rocket charge and put it into a Pringles can and lit it on fire. He put his head down to see what would happen and he burned his eyebrows off and his face was burned, fortunately, not too badly.

My dd did this just a couple of weeks ago. She had nasty red burns on her forearms that hurt a lot. When she showed them to me several times while they were healing I'd say "what does that say" and she's say "I'm an idiot" lol

I wouldn't call her an idiot. I'd tell her she's a smart girl who just flicked the smart button to off. JMO

I know a guy who scraped out the blasting powder from a toy rocket charge and put it into a Pringles can and lit it on fire. He put his head down to see what would happen and he burned his eyebrows off and his face was burned, fortunately, not too badly.

I wouldn't call her an idiot. I'd tell her she's a smart girl who just flicked the smart button to off. JMO

Oh, I don't call her an idiot. As soon as she realized how badly it hurt and how awful it looked, she characterized it on her own. lol

She's a very smart girl who flicks her smart button off on a daily basis :banghead:

When my son was in middle school he and his friends were playing with lighter fluid and tennis balls. They were filling the balls with lighter fluid, lighting them as they threw them off the bridge into the lake. Luckily my neighbor saw them and told me. We marched the idiots down to the fire station, which is at the end of our block, and told the firemen that these 3 knuckle heads were playing with accelerants and lighters.

I am not exactly sure what those brilliant firemen did, but my son never played with fire like that again. I know they showed the boys some gruesome photos and they also did some experiments and showed them how easy things can explode on you. And they also made them wash the trucks and mop the driveway too. LOL

When my DH got home from work he asked our 13 yr old what the fire captain said "He told me if he ever sees me with a lighter again he is going to personally kick my *advertiser censored*. " LOL

And all I ever got warned about was...PopRocks and soda might hurt your throat.

Interesting times we live in...

Best-
Herding Cats

When my son was in middle school he and his friends were playing with lighter fluid and tennis balls. They were filling the balls with lighter fluid, lighting them as they threw them off the bridge into the lake. Luckily my neighbor saw them and told me. We marched the idiots down to the fire station, which is at the end of our block, and told the firemen that these 3 knuckle heads were playing with accelerants and lighters.

I am not exactly sure what those brilliant firemen did, but my son never played with fire like that again. I know they showed the boys some gruesome photos and they also did some experiments and showed them how easy things can explode on you. And they also made them wash the trucks and mop the driveway too. LOL

When my DH got home from work he asked our 13 yr old what the fire captain said "He told me if he ever sees me with a lighter again he is going to personally kick my *advertiser censored*. " LOL

Oh gosh, that is a great story. It sounds like the firefighters handled it in a great way.

Does anyone remember the sissy game? You would take your pencil and erase the skin on your hand until you could no longer stand the pain. The first one to quit was the sissy. I was no sissy! Just a dumba$$. It left a scar for years but it's gone now.

Thanks for the heads up on the ice and salt game. I hope my kids aren't as dumb as I was!

Does anyone remember the sissy game? You would take your pencil and erase the skin on your hand until you could no longer stand the pain. The first one to quit was the sissy. I was no sissy! Just a dumba$$. It left a scar for years but it's gone now.

Thanks for the heads up on the ice and salt game. I hope my kids aren't as dumb as I was!

Yep, in Jr. High we did that one, we also had slap duels... we also gave pink bellies, but not at school, those were reserved for "tortures" in our neighborhood games of HORSE (we also used the good old spanking machine for those games). :what:

For those of you worried about the scarring, don't fret, they'll just put a homemade tattoo over the top of them. :wink:

My neighbors daughter just did this a couple of days ago and posted it on youtube. She now has a huge blister on the palm of her hand because she left it on until the ice melted.

I don't even how this could be a "trend". I'm gobsmacked, once again, by the ideas of our kids generation...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back