FL - LE: drunk granddad towed HotWheels car w/grandchild inside down road at 10 mph

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Grandparents of the year! Couple 'tied 7-year-old girl's Hot Wheels toy
car to SUV using dog leashes and towed her along the road while drunk'
(Daily Mail)
Two Florida grandparents have been arrested after police say they hooked their granddaughter's plastic toy Hot Wheels car to their SUV and gave her a ride.

A Sarasota County deputy said he spotted the seven-year-old wearing a bathing suit and no helmet as she was towed behind the SUV on Sunday.

Her toy car was tied to a trailer hitch with dog leashes. She was not harmed.
---
more at link above, with pictures

Wait. What?
---
At about 4:30 p.m. Sunday, a deputy eastbound on Clark Road reportedly saw the SUV on a parallel access road near Rockefeller Avenue.
---
The deputy estimated the SUV's speed at 5 to 10 mph.

Belinda Berloni was riding in the SUV's cargo area with the hatch open and was cheering on the child, an arrest report states. When stopped, Paul Berloni admitted that his driver's license was revoked and that he had been drinking alcohol, reports said.

Belinda Berloni "was also intoxicated" and admitted "that she understood that it was dangerous to drag a child behind the vehicle but stated they were just having fun and had been doing this all day," an arrest report stated.
---
more at link below:

Sarasota Sheriff: Drunken grandparents towed child in toy car (heraldtribune.com)

And some kids complain that going to Grandma's house is boring...

Thank God everyone's okay, but I can't help but wonder if maybe her parents aren't a little to blame, if the grandparents had this much of an alcohol problem. Don't tell me, let me guess, Grandpa's license is revoked due to DUI's, isn't it?

And some kids complain that going to Grandma's house is boring...

Thank God everyone's okay, but I can't help but wonder if maybe her parents aren't a little to blame, if the grandparents had this much of an alcohol problem. Don't tell me, let me guess, Grandpa's license is revoked due to DUI's, isn't it?

[bbm]

bingo!

Sheriff's deputies say he has been convicted three times prior for DUI.

What colossal failures! :what:

:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

I noticed the news articles doesn't say anything about who the little girl was turned over to ... sure hope this is not a situation of absentee parents ... and the little girl lives with these "loser" grandparents.

:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

I noticed the news articles doesn't say anything about who the little girl was turned over to ... sure hope this is not a situation of absentee parents ... and the little girl lives with these "loser" grandparents.

The second article in the first post says that dad came home and got a little verbal to his mom. The little girl was turned over to her dad.

:)

The second article in the first post says that dad came home and got a little verbal to his mom. The little girl was turned over to her dad.

Thank you TXN4LIFE ... I completely missed that link when reading the first post! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back