Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: GZ Case - Defense Perspective

GZ Case - Defense Perspective

Thought I would start a thread to discuss the case from the perspective of the defense. Debate and discussion encouraged, but the purpose of this thread is to keep an open mind to the possibility that GZs story is accurate, and may have been acting in self defense.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

Here is a good link to a transcript of all the 911 calls.:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20...-teen-is-shot/

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

You know how the defense could resolve the 911 screams:

Recreate the call using the exact phone, in the same apartment to call 911 and have it recorded with GZ screaming 'help help help'. Then compare that tape to the original.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

Has anything been said about possible video from the security cams around the complex or at the Clubhouse? I am very interested in seeing what, if anything, may have been captured. That would go a long way toward clearing up exactly what happened during the encounter with these two.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfla View Post
    You know how the defense could resolve the 911 screams:

Recreate the call using the exact phone, in the same apartment to call 911 and have it recorded with GZ screaming 'help help help'. Then compare that tape to the original.
    That would be helpful if MO'M would allow it. Also, if they could get video of TM speaking.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
    That would be helpful if MO'M would allow it. Also, if they could get video of TM speaking.
    I never understood how they can conclude anything without both voices to sample. I understand that the results show a certain percentage match, and those results must then be interpreted. I contend that it is possible that the match to TM's voice COULD have been a lower percentage than GMs, but without analysis of TMs voice also, the analysis is majorly flawed.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

I never understood how they can conclude anything without both voices to sample. I understand that the results show a certain percentage match, and those results must then be interpreted. I contend that it is possible that the match to TM's voice COULD have been a lower percentage than GMs, but without analysis of TMs voice also, the analysis is majorly flawed.
    Agree. They need a sampling of both voices in order to say with any certainty whose voice it is. I don't know if they will bother doing it if the testing isn't allowed in court, but they may. I would like to hear the results if they are able to take it further.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:

I agree. Without TM's voice to sample, I don't see how it can be used by the prosecution, especially given that the one witness says the man in the red "sweater" was on the ground screaming for help. IMO, it is quite likely that both TM and GZ were screaming.

JMO, OMO, and
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    I agree. Without TM's voice to sample, I don't see how it can be used by the prosecution, especially given that the one witness says the man in the red "sweater" was on the ground screaming for help. IMO, it is quite likely that both TM and GZ were screaming.

JMO, OMO, and
    Gilbreath eluded to the fact that the FBI has also analyzed them. Can't wait to see their analysis.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

I am not sure that it matters who was screaming. Because I think there is a good possibility that at the time of the screams, they were both fighting over control of the gun.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

If TM was just laying on the ground screaming for his life, and GZ was sitting on top of him, holding him at gun point, waiting for LE to arrive any second, WHY the heck would he pull the trigger?

GZ KNOWS there are plenty of people there already looking out their windows. Why would he shoot someone for no reason on front of many witnesses just as LE is about to appear? The only reason that I can think of is that he was battling over control of the gun and had no choice.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I am not sure that it matters who was screaming. Because I think there is a good possibility that at the time of the screams, they were both fighting over control of the gun.
    I disagree. Screaming would be expressing fear and wanting help. It is important.

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    I disagree. Screaming would be expressing fear and wanting help. It is important.
    Exactly, expressing fear, wanting help, as you fight over a loaded gun.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Gilbreath eluded to the fact that the FBI has also analyzed them. Can't wait to see their analysis.
    He said he had no insight into who was screaming. IF FBI could arrive to any conclusion why does he have no insight?
    Just my opinion

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

One of those inconsistencies: Zimmerman told police Trayvon had his hand over Zimmerman's mouth during their fight on the night he shot Trayvon.

The Sentinel's source confirmed that Zimmerman's statements include that allegation. But authorities do not believe that happened, the source told the Sentinel, because on one 911 call, someone can be heard screaming for help. If it were Zimmerman, as he claims, his cries were not muffled, the source said.

Zimmerman also told police, the source told the Sentinel, that while the two were on the ground, Trayvon reached for Zimmerman's gun, and the two struggled over it.

Those portions of Zimmerman's account are not corroborated by other evidence, the source said.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayv...0,163416.story

BBM

If that horrific scream for help was from GZ and his claim of TM covering his mouth with his hands, you'd hear it muffled but that's not the case, in my belief..

That horrific scream for help, I believe, was TM for right after the POP, the scream stops...if it were GZ, he'd continue to scream, not get off TM's dead body (back) and immediately put his hands to his head while he paced..I don't believe for one nanosecond that horrific scream was GZ..

Which is part of the depravity of his charges...I believe there might be other depravities we are not privy too yet...

30. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    He said he had no insight into who was screaming. IF FBI could arrive to any conclusion why does he have no insight?
    I made the same exact argument a few days ago. That seems evident to me also, but some maintain that Gilbreath would have to know with certainty for him to have "insight".

I speculated that the FBI analysis was either inconclusive, or it contradicted what the other two "experts" claim.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayv...0,163416.story

BBM

If that horrific scream for help was from GZ and his claim of TM covering his mouth with his hands, you'd hear it muffled but that's not the case, in my belief..
    That horrific scream for help, I believe, was TM for right after the POP, the scream stops...if it were GZ, he'd continue to scream, not get off TM's dead body (back) and immediately put his hands to his head while he paced..I don't believe for one nanosecond that horrific scream was GZ..

Which is part of the depravity of his charges...I believe there might be other depravities we are not privy too yet...
    Unless the REASON he covered GZ mouth was because he was screaming? Perhaps it went like this....scream, scream, scream, cover mouth, pull gun, shoot.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

The meaning of the word "insight" is intuitive understanding. Courtroom testimony regarding the FBI tape analysis is a matter of scientific analysis and FACT, therefore, the INTUITION of a detective is not a means of determining for a COURT case who was screaming. The answer given by this witness was very appropriate---answer the question asked, but offer NO extra information until the appropriate time and the expert person with the actual factual analysis is available on the stand.

jmo

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    The meaning of the word "insight" is intuitive understanding. Courtroom testimony regarding the FBI tape analysis is a matter of scientific analysis and FACT, therefore, the INTUITION of a detective is not a means of determining for a COURT case who was screaming. The answer given by this witness was very appropriate---answer the question asked, but offer NO extra information until the appropriate time and the expert person with the actual factual analysis is available on the stand.

jmo
    But that still means that Gilbreath does not have a definative answer, or else he would not need intuition.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

Unless the REASON he covered GZ mouth was because he was screaming? Perhaps it went like this....scream, scream, scream, cover mouth, pull gun, shoot.
    IMO, I find GZ's claim that TM covered his mouth (or attempted to cover his mouth) to be very plausible. And, you make a good point that this is when GZ might have been able to grab his gun.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

It could be because they are conducting their own investigation and until they are finished I doubt you will see much from the FBI. They aren't governed by the same rules as the state. He may not have insight because he has not seen their final report. He only is aware that there will be one. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

There is a ton of assuming and speculating going on in order to push public perception of GZ to an innocent man. The only facts in evidence? GZ put killer bullets in his gun. IMO, the only reason a person uses these bullets is to make sure and kill someone. GZ took his weapon on watch that night. GZ profiled TM by the way he LOOKED. GZ called 911 and was told not to follow TM. GZ disregarded LE instructions, took his weapon out of the truck, follwed TM and shot him dead. The other evidence on social media? <modsnipped>
    Last edited by Harmony2; 05-05-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: snipped name-calling

44. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stilettos For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    It could be because they are conducting their own investigation and until they are finished I doubt you will see much from the FBI. They aren't governed by the same rules as the state. He may not have insight because he has not seen their final report. He only is aware that there will be one. jmo
    I have considered that, and still believe that is possible, but his testimony was that they had conducted an analysis (past tense). I may be reading too much into the past tense language though.

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

I have considered that, and still believe that is possible, but his testimony was that they had conducted an analysis (past tense). I may be reading too much into the past tense language though.
    Not sure you followed the Anthony case but her attorney wanted information from them and they would not release it until they were good and ready. They don't have to and can sit on it for a long time until they do a formal report. It could be they are planning on running more tests. It could be there is some new software coming in or an expert they want to set up testing with. They don't answer to the State of Florida, nor will they answer to MOM. He will have to wait until the FBI decides they are ready to release information. I don't believe they are obligated to when they are still investigating a case. And they do have an open case unless someone has heard they have closed it. But I believe it is ongoing.

What could be worse for GZ, not only the State is looking into this but the FBI and the Justice Department. Seems to me no stone will be unturned. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Not sure you followed the Anthony case but her attorney wanted information from them and they would not release it until they were good and ready. They don't have to and can sit on it for a long time until they do a formal report. It could be they are planning on running more tests. It could be there is some new software coming in or an expert they want to set up testing with. They don't answer to the State of Florida, nor will they answer to MOM. He will have to wait until the FBI decides they are ready to release information. I don't believe they are obligated to when they are still investigating a case. And they do have an open case unless someone has heard they have closed it. But I believe it is ongoing.

What could be worse for GZ, not only the State is looking into this but the FBI and the Justice Department. Seems to me no stone will be unturned. jmo
    If the results have not been released to the investigator then I agree with you, but I have not seen any evidence other the use of past tense in his testimony. I agree that is not strong evidence that he has the results.

I did not watch CA nearly as closely. I felt (and still feel) that she was guilty. I am following this case much more closely because I am not convinced of GZs guilt.

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast