GZ Case - Defense Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixfla

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread to discuss the case from the perspective of the defense. Debate and discussion encouraged, but the purpose of this thread is to keep an open mind to the possibility that GZs story is accurate, and may have been acting in self defense.

You know how the defense could resolve the 911 screams:

Recreate the call using the exact phone, in the same apartment to call 911 and have it recorded with GZ screaming 'help help help'. Then compare that tape to the original.

Has anything been said about possible video from the security cams around the complex or at the Clubhouse? I am very interested in seeing what, if anything, may have been captured. That would go a long way toward clearing up exactly what happened during the encounter with these two.

You know how the defense could resolve the 911 screams:

Recreate the call using the exact phone, in the same apartment to call 911 and have it recorded with GZ screaming 'help help help'. Then compare that tape to the original.

That would be helpful if MO'M would allow it. Also, if they could get video of TM speaking.

That would be helpful if MO'M would allow it. Also, if they could get video of TM speaking.

I never understood how they can conclude anything without both voices to sample. I understand that the results show a certain percentage match, and those results must then be interpreted. I contend that it is possible that the match to TM's voice COULD have been a lower percentage than GMs, but without analysis of TMs voice also, the analysis is majorly flawed.

I never understood how they can conclude anything without both voices to sample. I understand that the results show a certain percentage match, and those results must then be interpreted. I contend that it is possible that the match to TM's voice COULD have been a lower percentage than GMs, but without analysis of TMs voice also, the analysis is majorly flawed.

Agree. They need a sampling of both voices in order to say with any certainty whose voice it is. I don't know if they will bother doing it if the testing isn't allowed in court, but they may. I would like to hear the results if they are able to take it further.

I agree. Without TM's voice to sample, I don't see how it can be used by the prosecution, especially given that the one witness says the man in the red "sweater" was on the ground screaming for help. IMO, it is quite likely that both TM and GZ were screaming.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I agree. Without TM's voice to sample, I don't see how it can be used by the prosecution, especially given that the one witness says the man in the red "sweater" was on the ground screaming for help. IMO, it is quite likely that both TM and GZ were screaming.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Gilbreath eluded to the fact that the FBI has also analyzed them. Can't wait to see their analysis.

I am not sure that it matters who was screaming. Because I think there is a good possibility that at the time of the screams, they were both fighting over control of the gun.

If TM was just laying on the ground screaming for his life, and GZ was sitting on top of him, holding him at gun point, waiting for LE to arrive any second, WHY the heck would he pull the trigger?

GZ KNOWS there are plenty of people there already looking out their windows. Why would he shoot someone for no reason on front of many witnesses just as LE is about to appear? The only reason that I can think of is that he was battling over control of the gun and had no choice.

I am not sure that it matters who was screaming. Because I think there is a good possibility that at the time of the screams, they were both fighting over control of the gun.

I disagree. Screaming would be expressing fear and wanting help. It is important.

Gilbreath eluded to the fact that the FBI has also analyzed them. Can't wait to see their analysis.

He said he had no insight into who was screaming. IF FBI could arrive to any conclusion why does he have no insight?

One of those inconsistencies: Zimmerman told police Trayvon had his hand over Zimmerman's mouth during their fight on the night he shot Trayvon.

The Sentinel's source confirmed that Zimmerman's statements include that allegation. But authorities do not believe that happened, the source told the Sentinel, because on one 911 call, someone can be heard screaming for help. If it were Zimmerman, as he claims, his cries were not muffled, the source said.

Zimmerman also told police, the source told the Sentinel, that while the two were on the ground, Trayvon reached for Zimmerman's gun, and the two struggled over it.

Those portions of Zimmerman's account are not corroborated by other evidence, the source said.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayvon-martin-circles-george-zimmerman-20120503,0,163416.story

BBM

If that horrific scream for help was from GZ and his claim of TM covering his mouth with his hands, you'd hear it muffled but that's not the case, in my belief..

That horrific scream for help, I believe, was TM for right after the POP, the scream stops...if it were GZ, he'd continue to scream, not get off TM's dead body (back) and immediately put his hands to his head while he paced..I don't believe for one nanosecond that horrific scream was GZ..

Which is part of the depravity of his charges...I believe there might be other depravities we are not privy too yet...

He said he had no insight into who was screaming. IF FBI could arrive to any conclusion why does he have no insight?

I made the same exact argument a few days ago. That seems evident to me also, but some maintain that Gilbreath would have to know with certainty for him to have "insight".

I speculated that the FBI analysis was either inconclusive, or it contradicted what the other two "experts" claim.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayvon-martin-circles-george-zimmerman-20120503,0,163416.story

BBM

If that horrific scream for help was from GZ and his claim of TM covering his mouth with his hands, you'd hear it muffled but that's not the case, in my belief..
That horrific scream for help, I believe, was TM for right after the POP, the scream stops...if it were GZ, he'd continue to scream, not get off TM's dead body (back) and immediately put his hands to his head while he paced..I don't believe for one nanosecond that horrific scream was GZ..

Which is part of the depravity of his charges...I believe there might be other depravities we are not privy too yet...

Unless the REASON he covered GZ mouth was because he was screaming? Perhaps it went like this....scream, scream, scream, cover mouth, pull gun, shoot.

The meaning of the word "insight" is intuitive understanding. Courtroom testimony regarding the FBI tape analysis is a matter of scientific analysis and FACT, therefore, the INTUITION of a detective is not a means of determining for a COURT case who was screaming. The answer given by this witness was very appropriate---answer the question asked, but offer NO extra information until the appropriate time and the expert person with the actual factual analysis is available on the stand.

jmo

The meaning of the word "insight" is intuitive understanding. Courtroom testimony regarding the FBI tape analysis is a matter of scientific analysis and FACT, therefore, the INTUITION of a detective is not a means of determining for a COURT case who was screaming. The answer given by this witness was very appropriate---answer the question asked, but offer NO extra information until the appropriate time and the expert person with the actual factual analysis is available on the stand.

jmo

But that still means that Gilbreath does not have a definative answer, or else he would not need intuition.

Unless the REASON he covered GZ mouth was because he was screaming? Perhaps it went like this....scream, scream, scream, cover mouth, pull gun, shoot.

IMO, I find GZ's claim that TM covered his mouth (or attempted to cover his mouth) to be very plausible. And, you make a good point that this is when GZ might have been able to grab his gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member