Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: GZ Case - Defense Perspective

I agree with what Bill Sheaffer says here.
    O’Mara wouldn't comment on the autopsy evidence, but WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said it's better for the defense than it is for the prosecution.
    Of course the prosecution will have to try and prove that the broken skin on Trayvons knuckles were defensive injury's, but that will be a tough road to haul in my opinion.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...uries-h/nN6gs/

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

As I recall, lots of people here argued that if Trayvon Martin was hitting Zimmerman, then Trayvon Martin should have had injuries to his knuckles. Well, turns out, he did.
    Just my opinion

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

As I was messing around in Google Earth trying to clarify some things for the virtual walk through, I went to the gate near the clubhouse and noticed at least 3 cameras and at most 6. What I did notice about the cameras is that they're all pointed in the direction of the gates. If the Club House cameras are set up in the same fashion (to video people going to the club house) I don't see how it would be very beneficial for either of the litigants.

The reason I thought this was odd is because it's a lot of cameras (3 or 6) to capture vehicles entering/exiting. You'd think they'd only need two.
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
    “In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.” - William Penn

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    I have no idea where that 10 percent comes from but I do know the events of that night can be explained by several of those side effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000166/

aggressive or hostile behavior

believing things that are not true

feeling unusually suspicious of others

slow or difficult speech
    So would this be a valid defense, given it was a legally prescribed dosage?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    As I recall, lots of people here argued that if Trayvon Martin was hitting Zimmerman, then Trayvon Martin should have had injuries to his knuckles. Well, turns out, he did.
    But, but, but, that was when the funeral director said so! Now that is comes out that he actually *did* have injuries, they are surely defensive wounds. Right? /sarcasm

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tpgks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tpgks View Post
    But, but, but, that was when the funeral director said so! Now that is comes out that he actually *did* have injuries, they are surely defensive wounds. Right? /sarcasm
    Of course! We all use our knuckles to block someone's head from running into us.. right? Is it just me that does that?
    “In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.” - William Penn

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    Maybe they cleaned his hands from the fingerprinting after they were done with the autopsy and before passing his body along to the funeral director. In the words of Werner Spitz, it seems it would have been
    'shoddy work' not to clean up after themselves.

JMO
    With all respect towards the dead, hair and nails grow for a short time after death AFAIK. Is it common for funeral directors/embalmers/morticians to trim fingernails?

{MOO}I still fail to see how the FD missed something that was so obvious to the medical examiner on the outside of the body. He seemed real sure of himself in the CBS Miami interview. {MOO}

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tpgks For This Useful Post:

And apparently no injuries where one might find injuries if Zimmerman was hitting him. On the other hand, Zimmerman had a broken nose, black eyes and cuts to the back to his head. Where one expects to find injuries on someone being beat up.
    Just my opinion

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Benjamin Crump, Esq. ‏ @attorneycrump

Join me tonight 11PM EST on CNN Anderson Cooper as I rebut Zimmerman’s family physician report the day following the shooting of #Trayvon.

https://twitter.com/#!/attorneycrump
    I am curious to see How Crump rebuts this medical report. Did anyone see Cooper's show?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    With all respect towards the dead, hair and nails grow for a short time after death AFAIK. Is it common for funeral directors/embalmers/morticians to trim fingernails?

{MOO}I still fail to see how the FD missed something that was so obvious to the medical examiner on the outside of the body. He seemed real sure of himself in the CBS Miami interview. {MOO}
    It is a myth that hair and fingernails grow after death.
    snopes.com: Fingernails Grow After Death
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to whiteangora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    It is a myth that hair and fingernails grow after death.
    snopes.com: Fingernails Grow After Death
    Thanks for the Snopes link! I was wrong.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tpgks For This Useful Post:

Every day more shocking stuff comes out...I have to say though, the SAO had all of this info and STILL charged second degree murder. So from a defense perspective, there is still something to worry about.

I see now why AC didn't want the info coming out in "piecemeal fashion."
    #ConvictZimmerman

AFTER A TRIAL, OF COURSE

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HiHater For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Help me out here--where is this GZ/Adderall thing coming from (and yes please provide MSM sourcing here)?
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    Help me out here--where is this GZ/Adderall thing coming from (and yes please provide MSM sourcing here)?
    From this ABC article.
    According to the report, prior to the shooting Zimmerman had been prescribed Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but in fewer than 10 percent of patients.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...2#.T7Mi3cWBrJd

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Noiter View Post
    As I was messing around in Google Earth trying to clarify some things for the virtual walk through, I went to the gate near the clubhouse and noticed at least 3 cameras and at most 6. What I did notice about the cameras is that they're all pointed in the direction of the gates. If the Club House cameras are set up in the same fashion (to video people going to the club house) I don't see how it would be very beneficial for either of the litigants.

The reason I thought this was odd is because it's a lot of cameras (3 or 6) to capture vehicles entering/exiting. You'd think they'd only need two.
    It does seem odd

Are security cameras always stationary, or are there any types that are motion-sensitive?
    just speculating.......

Quote Originally Posted by HiHater View Post
    Every day more shocking stuff comes out...I have to say though, the SAO had all of this info and STILL charged second degree murder. So from a defense perspective, there is still something to worry about.

I see now why AC didn't want the info coming out in "piecemeal fashion."
    Corey charged second degree murder, but so far, I am not convinced that she can back it up. If he truly does have a medical report saying he had a broken nose and black eyes, then he is going to have a strong defense.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ry?id=16353532

Edit - Ranch is way quicker than I am tonight.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tpgks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KateNY View Post
    It does seem odd

Are security cameras always stationary, or are there any types that are motion-sensitive?
    I would think that because there are so many they would be stationary. I don't have GE open anymore to see if I can see any cams on them for movement. Next time I open it up I'll have a look, unless someone beats me to it.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Corey charged second degree murder, but so far, I am not convinced that she can back it up. If he truly does have a medical report saying he had a broken nose and black eyes, then he is going to have a strong defense.
    I think it's going to be the totality of the situation...in other words, once we see everything *hopefully* we will understand her logic.
    #ConvictZimmerman

AFTER A TRIAL, OF COURSE

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HiHater For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    Thanks, tgpks & Ranch! (Sorry for the all-bold demand. Nothing like wading in after a day away and flailing about for a bit. )

Still, I don't know that we yet have evidence that GZ was under the influence of Adderall or Temezepam on the night in question... and maybe we never will. Plenty of folks are prescribed drugs that they don't actually take, or start taking and then stop because they don't like the effects.
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 05-16-2012 at 12:05 AM.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Everything that I have read about Corey, says she is a very aggressive prosecutor, who is known for over charging. She personally, holds the national record, for charging the youngest child ever as an adult.

41. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks, AJ! (Sorry for the all-bold demand. Nothing like wading in after a day away and flailing about for a bit. )

Still, I don't know that we yet have evidence that GZ was under the influence of Adderall or Temezepam on the night in question... and maybe we never will. Plenty of folks are prescribed drugs that they don't actually take, or start taking and then stop because they don't like the effects.
    What'd I did?! O.O

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    So far we don't know what type of injuries TM had on his knuckles. If it is bruising and swelling that goes to hitting GZ. No one has denied that TM hit GZ. If there are scrapes then only concrete residue will prove that abrasions came from concrete as opposed to sand in the ground. We'll find out soon enough.
    Thank you for a voice of reason.
    If Trayvon was pushed to the ground or if GZ tried to restrain him there are SO many ways Trayvon had both scrapes and /or bruises.
    Last edited by deelytful1; 05-16-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: grammatical error
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    Thank you for a voice of reason.
    If Trayvon was pushed to the ground or if GZ tried to restrain him there are SO many ways Trayvon had both scrapes and /or bruises.
    True, but it will just add to the reasonable doubt. If GZ has medical reports and pictures of his injuries, and Trayvon has injuries present on his knuckles, then it becomes difficult for the jury to decide what happened, imo.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks, AJ! (Sorry for the all-bold demand. Nothing like wading in after a day away and flailing about for a bit. )

Your welcome but don't call me AJ. LOL.

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast