738 users online (122 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

Mom, son die in accidents hours apart in Wisconsin

Mary J. Moore, 45, died after she was struck by a vehicle. A friend was speeding her son, Thomas M. Olson, 22, to the hospital to see her when he struck three parked cars, overturned & Olson was killed.

The woman had been drinking & was laying across the road. The driver (hit & run) of the car that ran over her is suspected of DUI. Also, the driver in the wreck where the son was killed was arrested for DUI.

Several WS threads about accidental deaths in a close time-frame popped up when I put in this title.

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    Mary J. Moore, 45, died after she was struck by a vehicle. A friend was speeding her son, Thomas M. Olson, 22, to the hospital to see her when he struck three parked cars, overturned & Olson was killed.

The woman had been drinking & was laying across the road. The driver (hit & run) of the car that ran over her is suspected of DUI. Also, the driver in the wreck where the son was killed was arrested for DUI.

Several WS threads about accidental deaths in a close time-frame popped up when I put in this title.
    Okay, so mom was drunk? The driver that hit mom was drunk? The driver that was driving the son to the hospital to see his mom was drunk? Now mom and son are dead? Talk about crazy!! Prayers for all those involved, but I guess all I can really say is Thank God no one else was hurt!

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

"Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

angel, thanks for being an angel!

My first attempt disappeared into cyberspace before I could click "post". I am a hunt & peck typist & was frustrated to have to do it all over & did not realize I forgot the link. I appreciate your help & I am sure anyione reading this topic appreciates your effort as well.... gotta stay within WS rules about linky-loos!

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post

Just awful.
    Those cases all have stuck with me- they are just so cruel.
    Here are some I remember:

brothers die in same type of crash, same location, same date

Brothers die within hours of each other in separate accidents - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Wisconsin;Son dies after crashing head-on into his father's car
    Last edited by KateB; 06-13-2015 at 01:20 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Very sad these people had to die.
    May they rest in peace
    Thank God nobody else was injured.

- Strange workings of life.

Please, do not drink and drive!

Goz