GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

I wonder what reason someone would have for doing this?

Motive does not seem to have been robbery -- her credit cards and purse were still in the car.

Motive was obviously not carjacking -- her car was abandoned intact.

I hope miss Reed is okay! What a scary situation.

What a scary sounding story. :(

I wonder if they have pulled any of the surveillance video from WalMart. If she was making a second trip there, it should show whether she made it there or not and if she was with someone.

They found a tooth, but was there blood? If a tooth was knocked out you would think there would be some blood, even if just on the tooth. Also, her purse was gone through, did they take only the cash? were her keys to that gate missing? could it be someone that had wanted to go into that business for some reason? and do I get this right, they have already suspended the search indefinitely? why? TIA if anyone knows the answers to anything above...this is perplexing

I hope she gets returned safe, wonder if its a kidnapping for ransom?..IMHO

My first thought was that Walmarts all have pharmacies - did she pick up a script for something earlier (which would explain why she had to go back for groceries) and someone wanted the script? I know we have a terrible Vicodin problem here, and at least a couple times per week a break-in is reported where meds are stolen.

Just my thoughts, nothing more.

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...man/-/9156946/12242916/-/t3aahpz/-/index.html

8:30 AM CDT May 01, 2012

Search on for missing Carrollton woman

Linda-Reed.jpg

Very disturbing
I wish they would find her quickly
Each day that passes diminishes hope

I did not see where it was reported if her car may have broken down or ran out of gas. Did I miss this maybe? TIA

I did not see where it was reported if her car may have broken down or ran out of gas. Did I miss this maybe? TIA

IIRC it was not stated that there was anything wrong with her car

I wonder if they have pulled any of the surveillance video from WalMart. If she was making a second trip there, it should show whether she made it there or not and if she was with someone.

http://www.fox40tv.com/news/local/story/Elderly-Woman-Missing/vcNCXgG6JEKVM7E2hepMIQ.cspx

Reed was last seen on surveillance cameras at 7:45 Sunday night when she bought groceries at the Walmart in Hazelhurst.

Linda Reed's purse, phone and keys were inside the car, but neither Reed nor her groceries were anywhere to be found.

Seems she made it back to Walmart and did get the groceries. She and the groceries are missing.

I hope they have looked at the surveillance video from her first trip to Walmart to see if anyone was watching her or what she purchased on the first trip.

Does anyone know if there were footprints or tire tracks around her vehicle?
Other than possibly her own

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mississippi/Search-on-for-missing-Carrollton-woman/-/9156946/12242916/-/t3aahpz/-/index.html

Reed was last seen leaving the Walmart in Hazlehurst at 7:45 p.m. Sunday, Jones said.

"(Reed was seen) on surveillance video at Walmart. We saw that she was OK. She got in her car at Walmart and left. I think she got some groceries and a few other items, and from that time on, she's unaccounted for," Jones said.

So either someone was already in her car when she got in (could they see that on surveillance?), someone got in her car at another stop (stopped for gas, stop sign, red light), or it happened at the office area.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120501/NEWS/205010340/Copiah-County-woman-disappears-abduction-suspected?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

After that, co-workers said, she came back to the office and realized she still needed to pick up some groceries. She told them not to lock the workplace gate because she would be leaving to go back to Walmart not long after them.

Someone could have come in the gate while it was unlocked and was there when she returned or accosted her when she returned and got out to unlock the gate.

Strange that they didn't take her purse, credit cards, or money but they had rummaged through her purse.

I wish we knew what she got on the first trip to Walmart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back