Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MS - Linda Reed, 65, Copiah County, Believed Abducted 30 April 2012

Also at link above...the mobile home she stays at during the week while she works has crime scene tape around it...why there?
    Proud WS N-LIB

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    It sounds more personal to me, not talking her money or her phone...and normally she would not fit into any kind of profile of people who are kidnapped, if there is such a thing (i.e young college-aged woman, i.e.). I think someone who knows her has done something...JMO
    I am not sure what that profile might be, but anyone in buissness could be a target for abduction, for any type of financial gain.JMO
    Last edited by Saracen; 05-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    "Everything must be taken into account. If the fact will not fit the theory-let the theory go..

Agatha Christie

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saracen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Interesting, I was thinking along the same lines. A blackmail scenario could be a possibility. And certainly the last thing I want to do is to denigrate her or her family. But, still, we have to consider all possibilities. What if she had been caught up in a secret affair, and the wife of the man found out, or, her husband found out, then..... they did spend a lot of time apart from one another if she stayed there 5 days a week, away from her husband. Not the ideal marital situation, imo. IDK, just thinking of possibilities.
    That is just what any investigator would do, I like your style..
    "Everything must be taken into account. If the fact will not fit the theory-let the theory go..

Agatha Christie

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saracen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    So her husband is the last to see her at 9pm......and??? Was that at home? Did he see her leave? Did she say where she was going? Does the husband even admit he saw his wife that night?

It says the husband was the last to talk to her at 9pm. I don't believe he would have seen her as he was 2 hours away at their house and she was at the "work house."

I believe that she did indeed leave the house/office as it was specified that the gate was locked from the outside. So she would have had to leave and lock the gate and then...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jville9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    That could be, however , anyone could have stopped so it would not be personal, IMO

I am a bit confused.
    The walmart camera saw her around 7:30 and after that her co workers saw her back at her place of employment? She stated that they should leave the gates unlocked as she had forgotten something and was going back to walmart? But she was not seen a second time on Walmart camera?

BTW Saracen Its so nice to have you
    I am a bit confused too but I think (thanks to Saracen's earlier post) that maybe she did not make it to Walmart the 2nd time. Her vehicle was found in the wrong direction for a trip to the Hazelhurst, MS Walmart.

I wish someone who knew how to link a map would put one on here. When I look at Google maps, the distance between the business and where I think they found her vehicle is just a bit over a mile driving. As the crow flies, it looks like it would be less. You can walk it on the map by going up hwy 51 then taking a left on Pat Harrison Rd. This video shows where they are searching. It looks to be just past the I55 overpass.
    http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mis...z/-/index.html

Also on the map, I don't see Moore's Fabrication so maybe the google map image was taken before it was built.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:

I wonder since she is a bookeeper if she didn't stumble across someone's business that they wanted kept quiet?

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    So her husband is the last to see her at 9pm......and??? Was that at home? Did he see her leave? Did she say where she was going? Does the husband even admit he saw his wife that night?
    I am assuming he talked to her on the phone. She was in Gallman working and he lives in Carrollton according to earlier articles. It is about 2 hrs from Gallman to Carrollton.

You do have me thinking though. In the earlier articles, it said she stayed in a trailer behind the business during the week and went home to Carrollton on the weekends. Why were they working on a Sunday? Is this normal or were they working overtime on this weekend? Had she been to Carrollton for the weekend and just returned?

I am leaning towards someone harming her within or near the business gates.

Praying for her family. She has been missing almost a week.

Where did Breazy go (1st poster). She/he said this was in their "backyard". I am about 3 hrs north and nobody here has heard anything.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jville9 View Post
    It says the husband was the last to talk to her at 9pm. I don't believe he would have seen her as he was 2 hours away at their house and she was at the "work house."

I believe that she did indeed leave the house/office as it was specified that the gate was locked from the outside. So she would have had to leave and lock the gate and then...
    Or someone was inside the gate and they locked the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    I wonder since she is a bookeeper if she didn't stumble across someone's business that they wanted kept quiet?
    I was under the impression that she worked for their own family firm?..my mistake!! now if she was a bookkeeper working for another company then that does open up endless possibilities.Thanks Coldpizza.

Agatha Christie

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saracen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    I was under the impression that she worked for their own family firm?..my mistake!! now if she was a bookkeeper working for another company then that does open up endless possibilities.Thanks Coldpizza.
    Honestly, I'm not sure either. I just read she was a bookeeper but if it was with the family business maybe she had other clients on the side to make a little extra?

Just was thinking out loud so to speak.

It would be nice to have that clarified.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    I believe it was not her company
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dushi For This Useful Post:

I won't be able to keep up with this over the weekend. I hope when I can check back in that it has been resolved.

Prayers to those that know and love her.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    That could be, however , anyone could have stopped so it would not be personal, IMO

I am a bit confused.
    The walmart camera saw her around 7:30 and after that her co workers saw her back at her place of employment? She stated that they should leave the gates unlocked as she had forgotten something and was going back to walmart? But she was not seen a second time on Walmart camera?

BTW Saracen Its so nice to have you
    And I have seen here that her husband may have spoken to her around 9pm? so where would she have been at that time?

And thank you for your nice comment Dushi

Agatha Christie

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMom View Post
    I am assuming he talked to her on the phone. She was in Gallman working and he lives in Carrollton according to earlier articles. It is about 2 hrs from Gallman to Carrollton.

You do have me thinking though. In the earlier articles, it said she stayed in a trailer behind the business during the week and went home to Carrollton on the weekends. Why were they working on a Sunday? Is this normal or were they working overtime on this weekend? Had she been to Carrollton for the weekend and just returned?

I am leaning towards someone harming her within or near the business gates.

Praying for her family. She has been missing almost a week.

Where did Breazy go (1st poster). She/he said this was in their "backyard". I am about 3 hrs north and nobody here has heard anything.
    I have been wondering about the Sunday work myself. Does she leave on Friday evenings and come back on Sunday evenings? (so she can be the first person there and open the gate). Is this a business that works all week long with a weekend crew? Was working Sunday odd? Was anything missing from the office? From her mobile home?

I also wonder, if the husband spoke to her at 9:00 PM, did she mention Wal-Mart? Or ANYthing she was going to do?

And I have to wonder, why did she have a job 2 hours away from home? Did she need the job desperately? Been with them forever and they moved? Preferred living there to home?

So many questions and no answers.

At least they are still searching for her.
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ghostwheel For This Useful Post:

So sorry! After posting this thread, life and work has kept me unable to be here. I am praying for Linda's safe return but it sure doesn't sound good. Here's some newer info that I have found...

A local farmer has since come forward and told authorities he saw a white truck backed up to her mobile home early Monday morning, according to Karen Reed of Grenada, Linda's daughter-in-law.
    James Reed talked to his wife around 9 p.m. Sunday and assumed from their conversation that his wife was home for the night. She told him she had been to Walmart in Hazlehurst, and investigators found a receipt from the store in her kitchen.
    Her husband, James Reed of Carrollton, is "very upset" and "frantic" about the disappearance of his wife...
    http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...=2012205040341

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Breazy For This Useful Post:

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Breazy For This Useful Post:

[snipped]

Hey Magnolia Mom! So sorry to leave everyone hanging. I'm about an hour northeast of Gallman in a suburb of Jackson and news of Ms Reed has been on our nightly news and broadcast on area radio stations. Unfortunately this will become less and less if the family is not proactive in keeping her name out there. The investigation has moved to the area of the business/trailer and away from the location of the SUV. I continue to pray that the family finds answers that bring Linda home as not knowing must be torture in itself.
    Last edited by Breazy; 05-05-2012 at 08:05 PM.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Breazy For This Useful Post:

Also wanted to add that I don't get the feeling that the husband was involved. Surely it's been verified that he was home in Carrollton. Phone records would verify the telephone call he had with Linda and his location at that time. The similarities between this and the Vickie Ellington case in Kosciusko is certainly intriguing. Sure makes me wonder if there's any connection. Wonder if LE is looking at that?

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Breazy For This Useful Post:

http://www.wlbt.com/story/17942601/c...-woman-missing

How did her son locate her vehicle in this desolate area? Video at link.
    After reading his FB, it sounds like he or someone he knew might have been able to track her cell phone, and then maybe it was found in the vehicle?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T4Tide For This Useful Post:

Weird thought, but I wonder if the missing lady from Kosciusko's grandson played sports? Because Ms. Reed has a grandson around the same age who plays sports. Could it be that someone saw them watching their grandsons play at various ballparks, and then offered to do something/make something special for the boys? Vickie Ellington left her purse and other belongings at home when she went to meet this person at Walmart. I NEVER leave my purse at home unless I forget! This perp had no need for Ms. Reed's personal belongings, either.

They look SO similar, as well!

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T4Tide For This Useful Post:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...=2012205040341
    Her elderly mother lives in Philadelphia, and Karen Reed said Linda checks on her often.
    This would put her very close to the area Vickie Ellington lived as well as the area she went missing. I agree they look similar.

Glad to hear some more info coming out and hope they may get some tips on or video of the white truck. Wonder how early the farmer saw the truck backed up to her trailer and what time employees arrived for work?

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=MagnoliaMom;7877417]http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...=2012205040341

This would put her very close to the area Vickie Ellington lived as well as the area she went missing. I agree they look similar.

Glad to hear some more info coming out and hope they may get some tips on or video of the white truck. Wonder how early the farmer saw the truck backed up to her trailer and what time employees arrived for work?/QUOTE]

After reading up on Vickie, I noticed she parked at Walmart and was seen on video walking to McDonald's or Taco Bell. It makes me wonder if Linda was meeting up with someone in the area of Walmart but didn't want to tell anyone so made up the story that she had to go back because she forgot something.

ETA: Sorry, quote button didn't work.

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taagean For This Useful Post:

You have to wonder if this is related in any way. Or do people in Hazelhurst get murdered on a regular basis?

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18156007/w...rst-motel-room
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ghostwheel For This Useful Post:

I'm assuming since Mrs. Reed was a bookkeeper, the authorities are seriously investigating those records . Wonder if anyone else had access to the checkbooks and bank accounts. Theft by embezzlement is just one theory that's crossed my mind. If she caught on to it, well..... Or, maybe she was just becoming suspicious and had yet to confirm it and decided to confront or question the person about it.

Only thing, if this were the case, would she not have immediately reported to the owner of the business of her findings or suspicions? Or maybe she felt she needed to confirm it first before doing that.
    “The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest.”
    Martin Luther

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:

The Mystery Deepens

From America's Most Wanted: Missing Mississippi Woman Leaves Trail of Clues Behind

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=79988

Ok, now I'm confused. This states she was seen leaving Walmart at 9:30 pm, not 7:30 pm. Could it be a misprint?

Linda, who lives on-site in a trailer behind the plant during the work-week, never returned home that evening.

Security footage shows her leaving the Walmart at 9:30 p.m. After that, cops have no idea where she went or what happened to her.
    Also of interest:

Inside the Envoy was Reed's purse, credit cards, and the $60 cops say she withdrew from Walmart. But that's not all they found. Inside the SUV, they found a fake tooth from a 'partial' on the seat. However, it didn't appear there was any sign of a struggle.

A short distance from the vehicle, cops found a blanket, Linda's cell phone and her reading glasses. Again, it didn't appear as if she was injured or there was a struggle with any unknown subject.

As a matter of fact, there were no tire tracks beside her own leading into the area, and canines were unable to find the scent of anyone else.

The local sheriff's office, unable to unearth any solid leads, enlisted the FBI's help in the investigation. Federal investigators tell us the CCSO has done everything in their power to bring Linda home -- but there are few clues to go on to speed up that process.
    “The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest.”
    Martin Luther

48. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast