Adam Sandler's "Middle School Statutory Rape" Comedy

Seriously?

Backing out of the thread before I say something to get me banned.

:furious:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow. I had to take a double take at the thread title and which forum I was reading. I thought perhaps this might be a crime thread related to AS's actual middle school.

Extremely disgusted that he had to use child molestation as a source of comedy. Nothing funny about child rape at all.

I am glad I am not the only one who disliked this...I sure as hell won't watch the movie....
Adam has 2 daughters...I wonder how he would feel if one of their MALE teachers got them pregnant??????
Would he turn that into a comedy?

I've never been a fan of Adam Sandler. I find his movies disgusting, juvenile, and insipid. And they've only gotten worse! Happy Gilmore had a few giggles, back in the day, but they went downhill fast. I find him so obnoxious. I was disgusted when I saw the previews for this.

I've never been a fan of Adam Sandler. I find his movies disgusting, juvenile, and insipid. And they've only gotten worse! Happy Gilmore had a few giggles, back in the day, but they went downhill fast. I find him so obnoxious. I was disgusted when I saw the previews for this.

This just reached a new low, imo.....

I hope they lose a lot of money on the movie. Adam must have really lost his mind. Humor is great, but you can't get away with just anything and everything under the guise of comedy. Who in the heck would have funded money for a movie based on that concept? It boggles the mind. Isn't it criminal?

This reminded me of a movie I saw by accident a few years ago. I feel asleep on the couch and awoke to a movie on HBO. It was so offensive that I was sure I must be dreaming. It was joking about incest, child sexual abuse, etc. I was shocked such a movie would be legal to play on the tv. I noted the name and later researched it. I could not believe the number of actors and comedians who appeared in this very popular movie. Here's a link for it. There is a section that lists all of those involved. Some are my favorites, though I will always wonder what sick illness inside of them caused them to be in that movie.

I'm trying to get my link to work. The movie is called The Aristocrats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aristocrats_(film) Sorry there is a glich with the link. IT works fine when I go to it, but then when I copy the link here, it comes up with some excuse it can't be viewed. I can understand. It's a pretty sorry excuse for a movie.

See, I think the Aristocrats is different - it's a documentary about a joke. I find it fascinating, in some respects, how jokes evolve, how people push the boundaries, how it's told in different ways. It's obviously an adult movie, but it's marketed in completely another way than Sandler's movie. It's not meant to be a "real" story. It's more of an exploration of comedy. Sandler's movie is basically marketed to teenagers and young adults, full of gross out humor and to get a laugh from the situation. It's supposed to be funny that he hooked up with a teacher. In The Aristocrats, it's not the acts described that are supposed to be funny, but the juxtopsition between the description and the talent agent's misunderstanding. There's a difference there, at least for me.

This is one of those double standards that just won't die.
The radio show I listen to in the morning is definitely aimed at a male audience.
Made up of five male cast members. They are outraged by male teachers sleeping with their female students, regularly express their outrage and revenge they would exact as a father when topic comes up in the news.

But as soon as it is boy with a female teacher whole nother ballgame. They want to see a picture of her. If she is hot no harm no foul. If she is a beast (their term not mine) than maybe that isn't cool. Probably still not harmful to the boy in their eyes, but doesn't come with the cool factor of doing a hot teacher if your friends find out. They have no problem stating it over and over everytime the topic comes up. Almost all of them are fathers with young boys. Always shocks me that no one calls in and complains, but they don't.

If the genders were reversed and they even made an innuendo that the thirteen year old girl was hot and they could see how the male teacher ended up in this mess the roof would come in, sponsors would be pulling their ads.

I would venture to guess that Sandlers production company financed the movie and it will probably do quite well.... I haven't watched the preview, but if the teacher is hot I don't think you will see a lot of outrage.

This is one of those double standards that just won't die.
The radio show I listen to in the morning is definitely aimed at a male audience.
Made up of five male cast members. They are outraged by male teachers sleeping with their female students, regularly express their outrage and revenge they would exact as a father when topic comes up in the news.

But as soon as it is boy with a female teacher whole nother ballgame. They want to see a picture of her. If she is hot no harm no foul. If she is a beast (their term not mine) than maybe that isn't cool. Probably still not harmful to the boy in their eyes, but doesn't come with the cool factor of doing a hot teacher if your friends find out. They have no problem stating it over and over everytime the topic comes up. Almost all of them are fathers with young boys. Always shocks me that no one calls in and complains, but they don't.

If the genders were reversed and they even made an innuendo that the thirteen year old girl was hot and they could see how the male teacher ended up in this mess the roof would come in, sponsors would be pulling their ads.

I would venture to guess that Sandlers production company financed the movie and it will probably do quite well.... I haven't watched the preview, but if the teacher is hot I don't think you will see a lot of outrage.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict it will not do well, will be boycotted by many groups and Adam will issue an apology. Oh well, I can hope for that anyway. Seriously, I do think he will come under fire for it.

I can't believe he couldn't come up with something better than this. What in the world is wrong with him?

yeah I just don't like this. At all.

LOS ANGELES – Adam Sandler’s comedy “That’s My Boy,” slated for release on Father's Day 2012, centers on a 13-year-old boy named Donny having a sexual relationship with his middle school teacher, resulting in a child.

It doesn't center itself around statutory rape. It sets the scene for the rest of the movie which makes fun of bad parenting. It's satire. Hopefully it will cause some of the young people watching to think about how much of a serious responsibility parenting is.

I would probably watch it. I'm an Adam Sandler fan and a huge satire fan.:)

ETA: I do think there is a double standard.

i will admit that when I saw this thread I was completely shocked he would do something like this, but I saw the previews and its not as bad as I was thinking. I know its not funny to poke fun at statutory rape or rape of children but it looks more like its about him trying to be a father to the child who is a product of the rape. From what I saw it actually looks kind of funny. I hope this does not offend any of you its only my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back