Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 160

Thread: GZ's 2005 MySpace Postings

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,164
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    Of course Crump had to get his in, considering the fact he's not part of the prosecution and in no way has any say in what the prosecution uses and doesn't use.
    Crump has every right to speak on behalf of the victim's family. He is neither the prosecution, nor the defense, he represents the family of the victim. The victim and the family deserve a voice in this case. JMO

  2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    George Zimmerman Mocked Mexicans on MySpace Page

    http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...#ixzz1tij0yGjt

    George Zimmerman maintained a MySpace profile where he made hostile comments about Mexicans, crude remarks about his ex-wife and alluded to past run-ins with the law.
    The discovery of the 7 year-old page, first reported Tuesday by The Miami Herald, casts a new light on Zimmerman’s views on race and ethnicity, as he prepares to face trial for a killing in which some say racism played a role.
    The page shows a younger Zimmerman mixing with an ethnically diverse group of friends, including blacks. It also showed, however, some sloppily crafted comments by Zimmerman indicating hostility toward Mexicans.

  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to badme102 For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Etilema's Avatar
    Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,008
    To be honest, I don't see this myspace page as especially incriminating. His persona doesn't impress me, in any positive sense. He doesn't come across as noble or particularly upstanding. But it's nothing that suggests to me that he is a murderer, or even anti-black. JMO

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:


  7. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    19,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    To be honest, I don't see this myspace page as especially incriminating. His persona doesn't impress me, in any positive sense. He doesn't come across as noble or particularly upstanding. But it's nothing that suggests to me that he is a murderer, or even anti-black. JMO
    To me it looks as if making an impression was right up there on his to do list. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  9. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    According to my 19 yr old, who used to be a big MySpace fanatic, once you put the TITLE on your MySpace, it cannot be changed without starting a new MySpace. You can change anything on the page but your HANDLE. That is what she said anyway when I asked if he could have changed his title later on. [And she is a huge Trayvon supporter btw]
    Well apparently your 19 yr old does not know everything about MySpace, just a quick google away are instructions on how to change your MySpace name:

    http://ezinearticles.com/?Get-Notice...ame!&id=302056

    http://freecodesource.com/myspace-co...e-display-name

  10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mercuriod For This Useful Post:


  11. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Because the myspace was named years before this tragic incident. And yet people want to say he named it for TM. Which is false and defamatory, imo.
    We do not know when he named it "datniggytb", that is what we are questioning.

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mercuriod For This Useful Post:


  13. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,774
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    I think I still have a myspace page from way back in the day. Granted I didn't have anything on there that I think would be a big deal. But I haven't visited it in who knows when because I dunno, it's myspace.
    Me too, everyone I know who has a FB had a MS. He could have pulled it or made it private but he didn't and as of this morning still hadn't.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:


  15. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    To be honest, I don't see this myspace page as especially incriminating. His persona doesn't impress me, in any positive sense. He doesn't come across as noble or particularly upstanding. But it's nothing that suggests to me that he is a murderer, or even anti-black. JMO
    But he also mocks the justice system.

  16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:


  17. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    What was being referred to on the previous page about not being able to change a display name after the first time had to do with artists.

    It's not true that you can't change your display name.

    I just set up a MySpace account. Changed my display name four times, just go to account settings, a box with your display name comes up, enter your new display name, hit save and that was it, a new display name each time.

  18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:


  19. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,792
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuriod View Post
    Well apparently your 19 yr old does not know everything about MySpace, just a quick google away are instructions on how to change your MySpace name:

    http://ezinearticles.com/?Get-Notice...ame!&id=302056

    http://freecodesource.com/myspace-co...e-display-name
    She was absolutely right. Until 9010, you could NOT change the Myspace name. She did not know about the NEW way of doing this because she never uses MS anymore.

    The NEW option to change is a ONE TIME chance to fill out a form and send it to the administrators and they will change it ONCE. And after that you need to open a new one if you want a different name.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  21. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,792
    Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    What was being referred to on the previous page about not being able to change a display name after the first time had to do with artists.

    It's not true that you can't change your display name.

    I just set up a MySpace account. Changed my display name four times, just go to account settings, a box with your display name comes up, enter your new display name, hit save and that was it, a new display name each time.
    Well then that explains it. Because all she had was an artist myspace.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  23. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    To be honest, I don't see this myspace page as especially incriminating. His persona doesn't impress me, in any positive sense. He doesn't come across as noble or particularly upstanding. But it's nothing that suggests to me that he is a murderer, or even anti-black. JMO
    There was nothing that was anti-black that I could see but there was imo a mindset that had a slightly paranoid scent. A lot of yall are hatin on me because I got out of town and improved my life. ( Really? There might be a few jealous people here and there but how many of us are so important that a large number of people are peeved if we get a job in another town?) Apparently he had bad experiences with some Mexicans so he generalizes that all Mexicans are always pulling knives on GZ every time he runs into one or they're maliciously out there walking and trying to get hit by GZ's car just to cause trouble. That was imo kind of similar to the reasoning that some black males committed crimes so other black males must be reported to the police because they're up to no good.

    IDK, it just seems to me that your dislike of a particular ethnic group is significant if you bring it up prominently in your About Me section. Not just an offhand comment in a blog or a comment under a photograph but it is something important that you want people to know about yourself.

    He seems to have had a lot of friends or pals that he wants to shout out to on the MS page which stands out to me because frankly the impression I got of him was that he was a bit of a loner maybe. I don't remember hearing of any social hobbies, poker nights with friends, football practice, clubs or societies, that sort of thing (although I might have missed it), instead he patrols the streets at night alone with his loyal dog and his loyal gun. The two friends who came out to defend him were older uncle types and perhaps neither of them seemed to know him that intimately, and didn't the ex-lawyers say that he had been estranged from his brother? Then there was the article that said that the Zimmerman children weren't allowed to play with other kids.
    Last edited by Donjeta; 05-02-2012 at 05:17 PM.

  24. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:


  25. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuriod View Post
    We do not know when he named it "datniggytb", that is what we are questioning.
    But we do know that he's had that nickname for a while. IIRC, it's not recent. It was dug up on another old social media site.

    JMO, OMO, and
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:


  27. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,702
    The myspace with the datn....has been removed, but they left this one. I'm guessing it was because of the name of the other one that they pulled it.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

  28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:


  29. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,608
    Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    But we do know that he's had that nickname for a while. IIRC, it's not recent. It was dug up on another old social media site.

    JMO, OMO, and
    So his family said. They haven't proven to be very credible to date. IMO

  30. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:


  31. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    So his family said. They haven't proven to be very credible to date. IMO
    LOL, that is exactly what I was going to say, Great minds and all that!

  32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mercuriod For This Useful Post:


  33. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,608
    On the MySpace paged called "onlytobeakingagain," Zimmerman uses the name "Joe G" and discusses leaving his hometown of Manassas, Va., and how much he misses his friends. Then he veers into a slang-filled riff — with many words misspelled — involving Mexicans who lived in the area.

    Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said Wednesday that prosecutors could use Zimmerman's MySpace comments against him.

    "It's not just speculation and innuendo. He has a history and a habit of profiling people," Crump said. "He thinks certain things about certain racial groups."


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/02...#ixzz1tkn9UK6Y

  34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:


  35. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,608
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1471818.html

    On Zimmerman's legal defense fund website, his lawyers admit that the page "will cast Mr. Zimmerman in a less-than-favorable light especially considering the charges he faces."

    "In that regard, it is possible that the statements Mr. Zimmerman made could be used as part of the trial, and therefore it is our policy not to comment directly on items that could become evidence," the site read. The statement also indicated that the social media accounts of "all the parties" involved might come under scrutiny, and may be introduced at the trial as evidence.

  36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:


  37. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,774
    BTW, I did get screen prints, with a calendar and clock to authenticate the time and date, of the image info and modification dates.

    I did this because I suspect the page will go poof and any google cache of it. It is IMO that the reason it was still viewable today was to gauge the public's reaction to this "New" old info.

    Seems to me that a few holdouts don't seem concerned and the folks who see GZ as less than upstanding are even more convinced than ever that he wants to be judge, jury and executioner over his fellow citizens. "onlytobekingagain"
    Now, if that doesn't tell you the mindset of this man who has accomplished so little after a decade out of high school...well, I just don't think that there will be any convincing the people who choose to see this vigilante with anything other than through rose colored glasses.

    I ask one question: What has GZ done to warrant such faith in him?

    Honestly, it seems to me that he had an ax to grind against LE, too.

    He just doesn't handle rejection from anyone too well, IMO, of course...

  38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:


  39. #95
    Etilema's Avatar
    Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    There was nothing that was anti-black that I could see but there was imo a mindset that had a slightly paranoid scent. A lot of yall are hatin on me because I got out of town and improved my life. ( Really? There might be a few jealous people here and there but how many of us are so important that a large number of people are peeved if we get a job in another town?) Apparently he had bad experiences with some Mexicans so he generalizes that all Mexicans are always pulling knives on GZ every time he runs into one or they're maliciously out there walking and trying to get hit by GZ's car just to cause trouble. That was imo kind of similar to the reasoning that some black males committed crimes so other black males must be reported to the police because they're up to no good.

    IDK, it just seems to me that your dislike of a particular ethnic group is significant if you bring it up prominently in your About Me section. Not just an offhand comment in a blog or a comment under a photograph but it is something important that you want people to know about yourself.

    He seems to have had a lot of friends or pals that he wants to shout out to on the MS page which stands out to me because frankly the impression I got of him was that he was a bit of a loner maybe. I don't remember hearing of any social hobbies, poker nights with friends, football practice, clubs or societies, that sort of thing (although I might have missed it), instead he patrols the streets at night alone with his loyal dog and his loyal gun. The two friends who came out to defend him were older uncle types and perhaps neither of them seemed to know him that intimately, and didn't the ex-lawyers say that he had been estranged from his brother? Then there was the article that said that the Zimmerman children weren't allowed to play with other kids.
    I tend to agree with your characterization of him as paranoid and, the flip-side of that, somewhat self-aggrandizing. I guess I never thought of the loner aspect, but yeah, it doesn't seem like he's much of a "joiner" does it? So the Myspace page reinforces our impression of him, nothing surprising. But at the same time it doesn't provide shocking new revelations or incriminating info. IMO

  40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:


  41. #96
    I think people are confused with display names and the actual name of a myspace account.
    Like "onlytobekingagain" is the name of the account that GZ used when he set it up.It can't be changed.His display name is Joe G.That can be changed a billion times.
    The other account was named "datniggytb" so yes Katy is right, that account name can not be changed and was there since he set up the account.

  42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to claudicici For This Useful Post:


  43. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    BTW, I did get screen prints, with a calendar and clock to authenticate the time and date, of the image info and modification dates.

    I did this because I suspect the page will go poof and any google cache of it. It is IMO that the reason it was still viewable today was to gauge the public's reaction to this "New" old info.

    Seems to me that a few holdouts don't seem concerned and the folks who see GZ as less than upstanding are even more convinced than ever that he wants to be judge, jury and executioner over his fellow citizens. "onlytobekingagain"
    Now, if that doesn't tell you the mindset of this man who has accomplished so little after a decade out of high school...well, I just don't think that there will be any convincing the people who choose to see this vigilante with anything other than through rose colored glasses.

    I ask one question: What has GZ done to warrant such faith in him?

    Honestly, it seems to me that he had an ax to grind against LE, too.

    He just doesn't handle rejection from anyone too well, IMO, of course...
    Onlytobekingagain is taken from a hip hop lyric and famous band. Do we really judge every young man by which hiphop lyrics he loves ?

    Has he really accomplished so little? Didn't he start his own insurance biz at a very young age? It crashed and burned, but that is still quite an ambitious accomplishment for someone so young, imo.

    I think he is guilty of manslaughter at the very least. And I think he is an impetuous, narcissistic bully. But I am not going to jump on the bandwagon that he hunted down and murdered a child in cold blood and set out to do so from the start of the 911 call. That is unfair, and dishonest. imo
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  45. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    There was nothing that was anti-black that I could see but there was imo a mindset that had a slightly paranoid scent. A lot of yall are hatin on me because I got out of town and improved my life. ( Really? There might be a few jealous people here and there but how many of us are so important that a large number of people are peeved if we get a job in another town?) Apparently he had bad experiences with some Mexicans so he generalizes that all Mexicans are always pulling knives on GZ every time he runs into one or they're maliciously out there walking and trying to get hit by GZ's car just to cause trouble. That was imo kind of similar to the reasoning that some black males committed crimes so other black males must be reported to the police because they're up to no good.

    IDK, it just seems to me that your dislike of a particular ethnic group is significant if you bring it up prominently in your About Me section. Not just an offhand comment in a blog or a comment under a photograph but it is something important that you want people to know about yourself.

    He seems to have had a lot of friends or pals that he wants to shout out to on the MS page which stands out to me because frankly the impression I got of him was that he was a bit of a loner maybe. I don't remember hearing of any social hobbies, poker nights with friends, football practice, clubs or societies, that sort of thing (although I might have missed it), instead he patrols the streets at night alone with his loyal dog and his loyal gun. The two friends who came out to defend him were older uncle types and perhaps neither of them seemed to know him that intimately, and didn't the ex-lawyers say that he had been estranged from his brother? Then there was the article that said that the Zimmerman children weren't allowed to play with other kids.
    Excellent post.ITA with your assessment of his page.
    It's interesting you mention he was not allowed to play with other kids.I did not see that article.
    Another thing I wonder about that myspace is who is "Big Mike"?...and how exactly did he "break down" the "ex-hoe"?

  46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to claudicici For This Useful Post:


  47. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    BTW, I did get screen prints, with a calendar and clock to authenticate the time and date, of the image info and modification dates.

    I did this because I suspect the page will go poof and any google cache of it. It is IMO that the reason it was still viewable today was to gauge the public's reaction to this "New" old info.
    No worries, the site is not coming down anytime soon. M'OM says if it comes down to social media evidence, he's ready to talk about all of it, from both sides.

    http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/pre...ge-scrutinized

    Seems to me that a few holdouts don't seem concerned and the folks who see GZ as less than upstanding are even more convinced than ever that he wants to be judge, jury and executioner over his fellow citizens. "onlytobekingagain"
    Now, if that doesn't tell you the mindset of this man who has accomplished so little after a decade out of high school...well, I just don't think that there will be any convincing the people who choose to see this vigilante with anything other than through rose colored glasses.

    I ask one question: What has GZ done to warrant such faith in him?

    Honestly, it seems to me that he had an ax to grind against LE, too.

    He just doesn't handle rejection from anyone too well, IMO, of course...
    It's not a matter of faith in GZ, IMO, it's a matter of distrust in what is being presented in the media and continual lies from the family lawyer.

  48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:


  49. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,926
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Onlytobekingagain is taken from a hip hop lyric and famous band. Do we really judge every young man by which hiphop lyrics he loves ?

    Has he really accomplished so little? Didn't he start his own insurance biz at a very young age? It crashed and burned, but that is still quite an ambitious accomplishment for someone so young, imo.

    I think he is guilty of manslaughter at the very least. And I think he is an impetuous, narcissistic bully. But I am not going to jump on the bandwagon that he hunted down and murdered a child in cold blood and set out to do so from the start of the 911 call. That is unfair, and dishonest. imo
    He broke up with his girlfriend and his business crashed and burned in 2005. That's when all his trouble was. Nothing since, not even a traffic ticket. He turned his life around. All the sarcasm about unemployment, etc. are pointless - look at the unemployment rates.

    BEM: Not to mention unproven.

  50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:


Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TH's postings after Kyron went missing...
    By PolyGraph in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 10:11 PM
  2. Teachers suspended for Facebook postings
    By teonspaleprincess in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 10:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •