Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Joann Bain and 1 daughter (deceased), 2 missing, Hardeman County, 27 April 2012

TN - Joann Bain and 1 daughter (deceased), 2 missing, Hardeman County, 27 April 2012

I didn't see this anywhere yet...sorry if it is already posted somewhere (mods please merge or remove as necessary)

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news...y-rpt-20120430

Whiteville, Tn - Hardeman County deputies are searching for a mother and her three daughters after they disappeared Friday. No one's seen or heard from them since.

Her husband says they've been married 11 years and hopes the TBI will find answers.

(Story at link above)
    ~~All my posts are IMHO~~

“I can be changed by what happens to me. but I refuse to be reduced by it.” ~Maya Angelou~

Oh no...not TN again...
    Just my opinion, of course.

3. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Oh no...not TN again...
    My thought exactly.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

tlcya is online now Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    oh my. Praying for this mother and children.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Oh no, this is unreal!

While Joann Bain's husband would not speak to us on camera, he did say the last time he saw Joann was around 1 am Friday, before they slept. When he woke up, the four were gone along with their SUV. Deputies found the truck on Monday

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news...y-rpt-20120430

So like Karen Swift, they disappeared in the middle of the night. I wonder where they found the truck?

If they hadn't found the vehicle, I would have thought the wife was just leaving the husband and taking the kids with her. But without a car, what is going on? ETA: Unless they found it at Memphis airport or something.
    Last edited by ThoughtFox; 05-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

9. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

The Bain family’s SUV was found on a road east of Bolivar, TN three days after the mother and three daughters were reported missing.

The Bain’s vanished without a trace and finding their SUV only raises more questions.

A dirt road in Hardeman County, TN is where investigators found Joann Bain’s Dodge Durango.
    http://wreg.com/2012/05/01/man-finds...ng-wreg-story/

In the article is a quote from hubby. He says he loves them, wants them to come home or call. And he says that there is nothing they can't work through. So were they arguing?

I don't like that he isn't talking to media. If my family was missing, I would be trying to get every media outlet out there to run the story trying to find them.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    The Bain family’s SUV was found on a road east of Bolivar, TN three days after the mother and three daughters were reported missing.

The Bain’s vanished without a trace and finding their SUV only raises more questions.

A dirt road in Hardeman County, TN is where investigators found Joann Bain’s Dodge Durango.
    http://wreg.com/2012/05/01/man-finds...ng-wreg-story/

In the article is a quote from hubby. He says he loves them, wants them to come home or call. And he says that there is nothing they can't work through. So were they arguing?

I don't like that he isn't talking to media. If my family was missing, I would be trying to get every media outlet out there to run the story trying to find them.

One of the articles mentioned the family was planning to move back to Arizona. I have a feeling there may have been some discord about that.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

There is already a thread on this from yesterday in the missing forum/support.....might be good to merge or place this one in the discussion section there

I hope they just were on there way back to Arizona.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

In one article it stated there is one older daughter who is at home with the father. I'll try to find that particular link again and post.
    It was curious to me why the mother would disappear with 3 daughters and leave one behind if she left of her own accord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

“I can be changed by what happens to me. but I refuse to be reduced by it.” ~Maya Angelou~

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AfterSunset For This Useful Post:

Thanks, raeann...I did not see it in missing forum.
    Can a mod merge these threads, please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Person of interest who lied to LE and is also missing... was a friend of the Bain family.

Whiteville, Tn - Hardeman County deputies are looking for Adam Christopher Mayes. Sheriff John Doolen says he may know the whereabouts of Joann Bain and her three daughters. The four have been missing since Friday. Now, Mayes is missing too.
    Deputies issued a warrant yesterday for Mayes, since they say he lied to investigators who previously questioned him about the case. They say he knows information which could lead them to the missing family.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/person-of-interest-in-missing-family-case-rpt-20120502

They’re looking for Adam Mays of Guntown, Mississippi.
    Hardeman County Sheriff John Doolen said he believes Mays did not tell the truth in a statement taken from him and he is a person of interest in the case.

Video: http://wreg.com/2012/05/02/man-wanted-in-connection-with-missing-family/

I wish they would give the ages of the adults in this. Wonder if Adam is more than a "friend" ?? Was/is he driving a car....if so, what kind?

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I found hubby GB is 60, JB is 31 or 35, and the friend (AM) is 35. Can find nothing for Mayes in Guntown, but thinking JB may have relatives there. JMO

From the following map:

A: address for GB/JB

B: another addy for them

C: addy at sometime? for AM---apparently neighbors

D: where Durango was found

E: where AM is supposedly from, Guntown, MS

http://g.co/maps/rkhxy

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Hope they're ok and the wife just ran off with the friend !!! I also wondered why hubby isn't speaking to the media..maybe he was advised not to do so by LE ?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LietKynes For This Useful Post:

Thanks hollyblue for that info. That gives me more comfort that they are safe!

Note to self: Do NOT go missing in TN!

jmo etc.
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

AM's picture gives me the willies... I hope if they ARE with him, that they are safe.
    The Skelton boys brought me to Websleuths
    I'm not leaving until they are found!

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

28. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by coeurfragile View Post
    AM's picture gives me the willies... I hope if they ARE with him, that they are safe.
    Ditto and Me too!

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    Ditto and Me too!
    Tritto, and me three! "The willies" is absolutely right.

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

I think AM sorta looks like PeeWee Herman.

This whole thing just sounds bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FrayedKnot For This Useful Post:

Holy canoli - nothing about this sounds right.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Hmmm...

1. Wife and "friend" are in their 30's, while husband is 60
    2. Husband says we can work anything out, which indicates possible argument
    3. Impending move several states away
    4. "Friend" lies to cops and then disappears

This is painting a pretty clear picture. Does anyone know how old the girl is that was left at home? (Sorry if I missed it.) If she's a teenager, possible relationship is not good between mother and daughter so she was left because of that. At first glance I thought maybe she ran to get out of an abusive situation, but you don't leave a child there if that is the case.

I wonder why the FBI/TBI (I've seen both references) are involved in this. There is something LE is not telling the media I suspect. I think there is more to this story.

Hoping they are all safe somewhere....

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tainted Angel For This Useful Post:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-sear...1#.T6LRnqr2SnY

"Right now, I got a concerned father. I don't care if it is a phone call, if she would just call and tell us I'm OK, I'll get a law enforcement officer to lay eyes on her and it will be over with."
    Could she be at an abuse shelter? Very strange.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:

Forgive me for even thinking this - and PLEASE delete if it is offensive.

Could the oldest daughter left at home and the father be 'involved'? That is the only scenario I can come up with wherein the oldest is left behind and mom voluntarily leaves with the others.

Sorry to be so blunt.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Joann's Facebook (everyone in the family has one as well): http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...046266&ref=ffl
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Very strange set of circumstances! I hope they are found safe and sound soon!

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiousc For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast