NH NH - Charles, 3, & William Vosseler, 2, Rochester, 9 Oct 1986

milkymama

Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vosseler_charles.html

Would have been 12 1/2 at time of accident (perhaps a bit young unless the age estimate for the unidentified is wrong)

Blond hair/ blue eyes (eye color makes him unlikely to be this Jason unless the eyecolor is wrong for either the unidentified or the missing)

Height / weight unknown as still growing when missing

Although some of eye color and possibly the age may appear to not match, I think the age was very uncertain and I know eye color has been wrong before. As a non-custodial parent abduction, this could explain some things, such as no one reporting him as missing in 1995 – because he was already reported missing in 1986 and the abductor wouldn’t want to get caught by reporting him missing again and admitting he took him to start with. Perhaps Jason was running away from a bad situation?

Charles Vosseler III
Missing 9 October 1986
From Rochester, NH

Vital Statistics

DOB: 9 December 1982
Sex: Male
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 3 ft 4 in
Weight: 40 lbs

Last seen with his father: Charles Vosseler, Jr. then age 42, height 6 ft 1 in, weight 220 lbs, brown hair, blue eyes, and his brother William, age 2, who are also missing.

Source
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Hotline: 1-800-843-5678

Case Summary

Charles, age 3, and his brother William, age 2, were abducted by their non-custodial father, Charles Martin Vosseler, on October 9, 1986 from Rochester, New Hampshire. In February 1987, Vosseler was indicted for two counts of interference with custody and in April 1987, he was charges with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution and a warrant was issued for his arrest. There are active UFAP warrants for Vosseler and CJ and Billy are listed in NCIC.

Vosseler informed his then wife, that he was taking the boys for the weekend to visit relatives out of state. He did not return them as promised. On Monday, the mother went to Vosseler's office where he owned a rural real estate company. The doors to the business were locked and the mother was told Vosseler had let all his employees go and had cleaned out the office the week before. Prior to the abduction, he took the mother's name off of credit cards and unbeknown to her, had stopped making payments on her car. Before he kidnapped the children he also took all pictures of the boys, address books and had secretly auctioned off almost everything Vosseler and his wife had in storage. He even took the mother's wallet.

The only pictures of the boys were taken from five seconds of video a friend shot of her son's (the friend's son) birthday. Although the details of his initial post-abduction footsteps are not known, Vosseler landed in Stilwell, Oklahoma in December 2006. Stilwell is a very rural area that borders Arkansas.

In 1987, a person who had been dating Vosseler (Vosseler had changed his name to Charles Wilson and changed the children's last names as well) saw a pictures of CJ and Billy on a Child Find. She called Child Find but before the FBI arrived in Stilwell, Vosseler had been tipped off and burned his house, a vehicle and some other possessions. Presumably, this was done to get rid of any evidence that might help find him in the future. There have been no known viable leads since then.

Caution is advised - the abductor is known to be armed and dangerous.

I hope he is found. I tried searching FB with various combos of the name and didn't find anything that seemed promising. I assume dad has changed all their names.

Just as an FYI.....when you FB search the name Charles Jason, you get a really inappropriate profile. Cover your eyes.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vosseler_charles.html

Would have been 12 1/2 at time of accident (perhaps a bit young unless the age estimate for the unidentified is wrong)

Blond hair/ blue eyes (eye color makes him unlikely to be this Jason unless the eyecolor is wrong for either the unidentified or the missing)

Height / weight unknown as still growing when missing

Although some of eye color and possibly the age may appear to not match, I think the age was very uncertain and I know eye color has been wrong before. As a non-custodial parent abduction, this could explain some things, such as no one reporting him as missing in 1995 – because he was already reported missing in 1986 and the abductor wouldn’t want to get caught by reporting him missing again and admitting he took him to start with. Perhaps Jason was running away from a bad situation?

What an incredible story.

vosseler_charles.jpg
vosseler_charles_ap.jpg

Missing: October 9, 1986
Family Abduction
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian Male Blonde hair, blue eyes. Possible Surnames: Amidon, Foster, Wilson. May be going by the first name CJ.

Circumstances:
Charles and his brother William were kidnapped from their home in 1986 by their non custodial father. The kidnapping was elaborately planned, DETAILS HERE. LE suspects that the boys mother was chosen by bio dad to bear his children and his full intention was to keep his children for himself. The children were last seen in Stillwell OK in 1987-a woman who was dating bio dad recognized the children from a missing poster and called a hotline to report their whereabouts. By the time LE arrived to investigate, the home they were living in was burned to the ground and all three were gone. LE believes he was in Oklahoma again in 2006, but there have been no sitings since.

vosseler_charles_abductor.jpg
vosseler_charles_abductor_ap.jpg
vosseler_charles_abductor_ap2.jpg

Non custodial father: Charles Martin Vossler Jr.
DOB-March 6, 1942
Height/Weight- 6'1", 220 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: He may wear contacts or prescription glasses. He has used the alias Dr Charles Martin. He may also be known with a surname of Amidon, Foster or Wilson. He may use a DOB of March 3, 1943 or February 6, 1944. His right eye twitches when stressed. He has ties to Connecticut, Oklahoma, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida.

Charles Martin should be considered armed and dangerous.

so i found someone on fb with the name charles jason vosseler what are the chances of that happening but this person lives in exter nh the missing charles lived in rochester nh but was taken out of nh by his father should i call it in anyways can i link the fb page her or not? dont know what to do can anyone advise me

couldnt edit my last post something funny was going on with computer anyways i called it in to the ncmec the facebook profile and left my contact info hopefully they rule him out or not and let me know one way or the other

smile22; any news on this fb person? The reason I ask is that the Charles Jason Vosseler who was kidnapped was actually born in Exeter, NH so the coincidence is even greater than it appears at first sight.

Good find, although I don't really see a resemblance going by his profile picture.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back