North Carolina pastor retracts sermon remarks about punching gay kids

Well that's real big of him. Of course he retracted after the voting was over. Maybe he should have concentrated on preaching the love of Christ and not the hatred of people who happen to be different.

My local school district is spending thousands of dollars on an anti bullying program, in large about bullying of gay teenagers. That's nice but it's bound to fail. The kids that do this stuff in many cases go to church Sundays with parents and listen to some dimwit screeching about homosexuality from the pulpit. Who do you think they are going to model after? They're being told God favors what they are doing. These churches undermine reasonable attempts to help these bullied kids.

Sorry if this offends anyone. There are many fine people in evangelical churches. Some of them need to speak out and curtail this stuff from their pulpits.

Well the retraction was more like..."I stand by my word and and if the gay community is offended I am sorry. "

Whenever I read about these preachers condoning physical violence, I always wonder where they lost the command, love the sinner hate the sin, which is supposed to encompass ALL sin, because we all fall short.

The actions these preacher's are promoting are not reflective of true Christianity regardless of denomination.

Whenever I read about these preachers condoning physical violence, I always wonder where they lost the command, love the sinner hate the sin, which is supposed to encompass ALL sin, because we all fall short.

The actions these preacher's are promoting are not reflective of true Christianity regardless of denomination.

:goodpost:

ugh

these same type of people are the ones who are surprised when their kids/church members grow up to be at a mimimum maladjusted because they 'grew up' in the church

this same "pastor" and i use that term very lightly when it comes to this guy. has made news again around here. this time he said about all the lesbian and gays being put on an island with an electric fence around it so they can't get out. said that way they won't procreate and will all die off.

i know many people in this area both straight and gay that want to go and protest at his church this Sunday.

i am not against someone believing it is wrong and a sin...everyone is entitled to their own opinions. but Jesus LOVED the very people that he's putting down. this goes so against those that i know are Christians believe in!! and then they wonder why so many people are turning away from Christianity? this isn't Christianity this is prejudice...it's hatred.

this same "pastor" and i use that term very lightly when it comes to this guy. has made news again around here. this time he said about all the lesbian and gays being put on an island with an electric fence around it so they can't get out. said that way they won't procreate and will all die off.

i know many people in this area both straight and gay that want to go and protest at his church this Sunday.

i am not against someone believing it is wrong and a sin...everyone is entitled to their own opinions. but Jesus LOVED the very people that he's putting down. this goes so against those that i know are Christians believe in!! and then they wonder why so many people are turning away from Christianity? this isn't Christianity this is prejudice...it's hatred.

I know it is not funny at all, but this statement of his made me laugh. Does he think gay people come from gay parents? How does that work? If they have hetero sex just to procreate, doesn't that make his solution moot?

Honestly, it's not just the overwhelming ignorance and hate but the sheer stupidity here that boggles the mind.

This guy is like the preacher in FL who announced he was going to burn the Koran or those idiots who protest at funerals. They are just media hos looking for their 15 minutes of fame because no one gives a crap about them in real life.

I agree that this is not a reflection on Christianity or the state of NC (there are morons everywhere) but more of an indication of how far our media has slipped. There was a time when people wouldn't have given this so much attention and fed the monster. This is NOT news!

At least not national news. I can see maybe warning the locals.

Nope the pastor that said gays should be put into cages is a different guy. I was "privileged" enough to hear a sermon at our school (Christian) when I was
a kid from this man and his topic was the sorcery of Papa Smurf and Gargamel and Roseanne grabbing her crotch after the anthem. He kept calling her Roxanne.

The phrase he kept uttering in a loud and raspy tone was, "That filthy Roxanne grabbed her crotch!"
My brother and I looked at each other and just fell out laughing and we got kicked from the sermon.
Been a long time ago since I have seen this preacher.

Nice to see he is just as delusional about putting citizens of the US in some kind of
concentration camps as he was about the smurfs teaching witchcraft.
He's just weird.

It's funny to me that a pastor advocates putting non-heterosexuals on an island so they can't procreate - imo, natures point in having 15% or so of the population as non-heterosexual is nothing but a natural form of birth control so we don't overpopulate the planet so much.

Never saw the big deal in the subject and find it annoying that only religious people bring it up at public gatherings.

Chuckle, chuckle, finally read the thread about the guy fathering 30 kids with 11 women - I have been skipping over it knowing it had to be a heartbreaking, sad, disgusting story as he's begging for a break on child-support.

I was thinking the pastor should be advising his flock to punch the prolific, deadbeat father - who's feeding this Guiness Book of World Records wannabe's kids?

I just have to shre this. Many years ago back when AIDS first became newsworthy I had an aunt who went on and on about all all gay people should be 'sent to an island' where they could infect each other and die. It was not just a random comment, she would rattle on about it at family gatherings.

Well she went to her eternal reward a couple years ago, never knowing that her eldest son, whom she idolized, was gay. She bragged him up to the heavens all then time I knew her and appafrently never even suspected.

In her case it was only herself that was hurt by her ignorance and denial. A lot of these 'spiritual' leaders have much to answer for. You can believe it's a sin, you can preach that, if you want as far as I am concerned. A lot of the stuff I am hearing is incitement, pure and simple. Churches that do this stuff need to be reviewed to see if they should keep their tax exemptions.

The pastor is kind of obsessed, don't you think? I can promise everyone I don't spend that much time thinking about HIS sex life or marriage!

(FWIW, yes, of course, I know he doesn't represent most Christians. But that's really for "most Christians" to say, not I.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back