AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Snipped: http://www.kswt.com/story/17650000/tucson-police-search-for-missing-6-year-old-girl

Previous Threads:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25
Thread #26

Scanner Threads:
Scanner Thread 1
Scanner Thread 2
remember: anything posted in the scanner thread stays on the scanner thread.

Full news coverage:http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Local Media:
KGUN 9 On Your Side
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/237578/missing-isabel
http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/subindex/news/local/tucson
tucson.com

Find Isabel Celis Facebook Page: Find Isabel Celis
new website for Isabel Celis:http://bringisahome.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cameras

(snip)

I know that the Church has one, I attend that Church and spoke to several people there, I went to school there and have been attending Mass there since I was a kid I know everyone at that Church.

Hey... could you ask about the mixup with the video they provided LE? I still don't believe it was from the night AFTER her disappearance.

I am beginning to sway in the direction that JM is really a cousin to Isa and not an uncle.

My son is dating a woman, whose daughter wrote "my cousin's cousin is missing." JM & his brother would be my son's girlfriend's daughter's cousin. (phew)

Somehow I have to find out the connection of cousins without being nosey! UGH!!!

Be nosey!!!!

I see Becky has updated her facebook. Cute pic of Isa!

Her FB posts since the disappearance are heartbreaking.

I still think it could have been a video camera to record the interviews inside the house...but who knows...

Very smart thought!

Listen, in addition to practicing law I am also a freelance journalist and I do free lance writing for several legal industry journals in addition to Arizona Highways Publications so I have official PRESS CREDENTIALS which I think I can use to get pretty close to the area, does anyone want any particular pictures of anything around there, I MIGHT take a drive down that way this evening or if not tomorrow, is there anything we need cleared up or are missing in our puzzle?

Oh my gosh, so many things I can't count. How about photos all around Isabel's house - like all around the perimeter and then from her house facing out on each side that you can get to, so we see from the view of the house, what it looks like.

Also, a photo of where the lurker in the video was.

And photos of the park where Isabel's family was that night - the fields, the stands and the parking lot and if you can get one, a photo showing the distance from the stands to the parking lot or street where cars could be parked. Also, any area in the park where someone could be and observe the stands but not be too visible. TIA!!!!!!!

Again, I think that LE, while not ruling out any possibility, probably goes with what they know has been statistically proven first.

Women are least likely to be SOs, and even less likely in stranger abductions.

Stranger abductions, themselves, are extremely rare, so imagine how even more rare for the mysterious intruder to be a woman.

I think a smart investigation looks first at what is likely, next at what is probable, then at what is less probable but still possible.

If my house burns down I would check the wiring before I'd check the plumbing. Doesn't mean the fire didn't start in the pipes, just that the electric is a smarter place to start looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very intelligent post.

I know we don't know this for sure, but if it's true that Isa normally slept with her brother(s)...does anyone else find it odd that a 6yo girl would sleep with a 10 or 14yo brother? I only have girls so I don't know if that would be normal or not??

I know we don't know this for sure, but if it's true that Isa normally slept with her brother(s)...does anyone else find it odd that a 6yo girl would sleep with a 10 or 14yo brother? I only have girls so I don't know if that would be normal or not??

I do not think it is odd that siblings sleep with each other or in the same room. And just think if she had been sleeping with her brothers that night,she would still be with us. jmo

I do not think it is odd that siblings sleep with each other or in the same room. And just think if she had been sleeping with her brothers that night,she would still be with us. jmo

I agree with you and I hope this isn't about to turn into another parenting debate. Neither side is going to convince the other. JMO

At first I thought it was so the male cousin who NG indicated had stayed with them at some time would have a room to use (hers)...

But it is a toss-up whether I'd have the male adult guest bunk in with my sons, or have my daughter do so. If (like in the case across town) they had set up a little "pup tent" for her in their room while the cousin used her room, it would seem okay (though not ideal) for her to be sleeping there.

We don't know if it is true that she normally slept with brothers...only NG has said that. But if she did and did not that night...wondering why...

I agree with you and I hope this isn't about to turn into another parenting debate. Neither side is going to convince the other. JMO

I can't believe the first thing on people's mind is incest. It is nuts. I have 3 sons who have 6 neices and nephews and to suggest that because they are their uncles they would molest and even do worse to them is really making me mad. My gosh, this is family. I am sorry that some have had bad experiences, but that is not the norm. In my family we are all protective of each other. To even think of another family member sexually is beyond my comprehension. I think we as outsiders should at least give the family the benefit of the doubt. I think speculation is getting out of hand. jmo

We really do NOT know if Isa actually slepted in the same room as her brothers. This information is only coming from HLN. IIRC, when a caller asked HLN about the sleeping arrangements, it came back as "there is a report out there".

I find it a little odd. When my DD was 6 her big brother was 10. And if we were on a road trip or something I would sometimes lay them down together.

And also, if she was scared at night she sometimes went across the hall to his room and slept on his big comfy stuffed chair because she had nightmares sometimes if they watched scary shows. She didn't like coming to our room because she had to go down the entire hall past the scary bathroom closets to get our room. lol

But as a general rule, I would never think to put a little girl to sleep each night with an older brother.

When I was a preschooler, I thought it was the greatest thing in the world to sleep in my big brother's room. He was 11.5 years older than me, so when I was four he was 15/16. He had bunk beds, and he would take the top bunk with me in the bottom bunk. I remember waking up with nightmares and he would comfort me (snakes... I remember the nightmare to this day).

He died when I was six. This is one of the few memories I have of him.

We have all boys, but when they transitioned to real beds we intentionally got them full size beds instead of twin beds, so they could sleep together if they wanted. One has a full size bunk bed - THAT was hard to find! Again, so all three of them could sleep together if they wanted.

I can't believe the first thing on people's mind is incest. It is nuts. I have 3 sons who have 6 neices and nephews and to suggest that because they are their uncles they would molest and even do worse to them is really making me mad. My gosh, this is family. I am sorry that some have had bad experiences, but that is not the norm. In my family we are all protective of each other. To even think of another family member sexually is beyond my comprehension. I think we as outsiders should at least give the family the benefit of the doubt. I think speculation is getting out of hand. jmo

MANY posters here have reported being abused by uncles and other relatives...it is not that unusual, unfortunately...

I find it a little odd. When my DD was 6 her big brother was 10. And if we were on a road trip or something I would sometimes lay them down together.

And also, if she was scared at night she sometimes went across the hall to his room and slept on his big comfy stuffed chair because she had nightmares sometimes if they watched scary shows. She didn't like coming to our room because she had to go down the entire hall past the scary bathroom closets to get our room. lol

But as a general rule, I would never think to put a little girl to sleep each night with an older brother.

What if you were a single mother and there were only two rooms for your 5 children to sleep in. Would it matter if brothers and sisters slept in the same room. I don't think so. Children are not having sexual thoughts at that age. It is obvious the adults are though. jmo

What if you were a single mother and there were only two rooms for your 5 children to sleep in. Would it matter if brothers and sisters slept in the same room. I don't think so. Children are not having sexual thoughts at that age. It is obvious the adults are though. jmo

So far I'm not seeing anything weird about cousin/uncle (What IS he!?!?). His previous record looks unremarkable...prob because of what I see on a daily basis. of course many people who do horrid things don't have a prior record either but until I hear of something
solid I'm keeping innocense first..especially since our own media isn't reporting it. I've lost a lot of respect for NG and even JVM somewhat.....I think NG is good for some things but the way they just throw ppl under the bus (NG more so) is disgusting. Don't know why it took me so long to figure it out.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

MANY posters here have reported being abused by uncles and other relatives...it is not that unusual, unfortunately...

It is in the circle of my friends. I have never heard of it in my family. It is unfortunate that it has happened to others, but I don't think it is the norm or I don't believe it is that unusal. jmo

Boys get very curious and "aroused" at fairly young age, and by 14 ... well they know a heck of a lot!

"Incest has been cited as the most common form of child abuse. Studies conclude that 43 percent (43%) of the children who are abused are abused by family members, 33 percent (33%) are abused by someone they know, and the remaining 24 percent (24%) are sexually abused by strangers (Hayes, 1990). Other research indicates that over 10 million Americans have been victims of incest."

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32360

According to statistics, MOST child abuse consists of some type of incest.

I am sorry that it makes you mad, but if we are going to assume that Isabel was a victim of sexual assault, there is a rational reason to consider the very real possibility of insist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10