Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 1

The Rules (please make sure you know the rules),

REMEMBER: No cutting and pasting of comments from other social or media websites. You may paraphrase and provide a link.

The only social media sites allowed are those belonging to the victim and any named (by law enforcement) POI or Suspect, or site created and devoted to the search Allison.

Salem

ETA: Media/Timeline Reference Thread: AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

God, hope this wasnt my fault for the wedding photo link, sorry if it was

Interviewing children is not that easy. We have to remember that children love both parents and may not be willing to say anything about anything. Additionally, if there is domestic violence involved in a situation like this, the children would be quite fearful of the parent inflicting harm on the other one. My main take is that the neighbours could have heard quite a bit of possible arguments/fights, especially at night when sound travels further. I certainly can hear very clearly when the people in the house next to me have arguments (they probably don't realise that other neighbours can hear them!).

I dont think so hon...dont worry. The thread was getting incredibly long (50 pages)...Maybe it was closed so the moderators can keep up with the monitoring etc. Keeping the forum tidy I think.

The Kenmore roundabout wouldn't be that busy late at night and early hours of the morning. It is during the day with people coming to and from work. Especially on a cold winters night. I would think occasional trucks and a few cars. Brisbane is flat this time of year after 10-11pm.

Interviewing children is not that easy. We have to remember that children love both parents and may not be willing to say anything about anything. Additionally, if there is domestic violence involved in a situation like this, the children would be quite fearful of the parent inflicting harm on the other one. My main take is that the neighbours could have heard quite a bit of possible arguments/fights, especially at night when sound travels further. I certainly can hear very clearly when the people in the house next to me have arguments (they probably don't realise that other neighbours can hear them!).

In reference to post by Mumof2 ... sorry, previous thread closed and could not quote you properly.

I certainly can hear very clearly when the people in the house next to me have arguments (they probably don't realise that other neighbours can hear them!).

I ALWAYS lie when my neighbours say 'oh, I hope you didn't hear us arguing this afternoon.' I just 'no, not at all.' I'm not going to say 'yeah I did and wow, what a nice *advertiser censored**ing vocab you have on you!'

Regarding possible suspects:

In crime fiction the murderer is usually the least likely person to have done the deed.

In real life, the murder is usually committed by the most likely person.

The Kenmore roundabout wouldn't be that busy late at night and early hours of the morning.

There are still people around though. The bus still runs, not to mention the nightfill teams at Coles and Woolies who finish late at night.

Are the media still hanging about the Indooropilly Police Station? My oh my, my curiosity is perked on that point... :(

Maybe he needed petrol? I always forget to fill my car up and then am madly running late.

There is no way he would go to a service station and the only one open is the BP which like the others is full of security cameras. They had two cars to pick from.

Or, he may have originally been heading to Mount Cootha and then decided against it?

Why? There are 24 hour workers at the base of Mount Cootha, a regular police presence on the roads, CCTV cameras at the top and outside each of the TV stations, parked cars, plenty of walkers in the area so any body being dumped would be found quickly and so on so it would be truly one of the worst places to dump a body.

Does anybody know anything about "libel laws" here in Aus? I followed the Madeleine McCann case in forums for several years and the concern of the moderators was always possible libel with how posters worded their comments. Maybe the moderators know and can advise?

Quoting Sabastian01
First time comment. I found it odd that whoever took Allison away from home would travel toward the roundabout then turn right at Moggill. If they had an intent to take her to the Anstead area, I would have thought they would have travelled the back way via Rafting Ground road. The Kenmore roundabout is a busy area, and the direction itself is heading toward highly populated suburbs. Unless, of course, they were racing her to the hospital after they realised what they had done. On another thought, it is highly unlikely that the person that murdered Allison had done this previously. They would not have been thinking rationally, and if GBC is involved the scout area may have been the first area that came to mind. Lots of rumours in the local community (GBC has more than scratches on him), and whilst the information we have all heard seems to point to one person, I think we should be prudent in jumping to conclusions.

Perhaps he went though the roundabout to go to Kenmore to meet with his father! (He needed to decide quickly, to Hospital or to Kholo Creek)

There is no way he would go to a service station and the only one open is the BP which like the others is full of security cameras. They had two cars to pick from.

Why? There are 24 hour workers at the base of Mount Cootha, a regular police presence on the roads, CCTV cameras at the top and outside each of the TV stations, parked cars, plenty of walkers in the area so any body being dumped would be found quickly and so on so it would be truly one of the worst places to dump a body.

What time does the Woolies one close?

In the heat of the moment he probably wasn't thinking...

It's just a suggestion.

I think the 11pm - 4am time frame is so important, police would be wanting sightings of him/his car, it will crack GBC's "went to bed at 10pm".

I ALWAYS lie when my neighbours say 'oh, I hope you didn't hear us arguing this afternoon.' I just 'no, not at all.' I'm not going to say 'yeah I did and wow, what a nice *advertiser censored**ing vocab you have on you!'

One of their direct neighbours are stone deaf! No help there ...

I agree, children are very sensitive to what is going on and there is no way they would intentionally incriminate a parent. I remember my parents fighting when I was younger and the headmistress called me up to the office because they suspected I had trouble at home. I denied everything and acted like I was ok. Grade 4 I think it was. If they do interview them, they really need someone who knows what they are doing. Lots of experience. Also the media need to stay away from the children, if they start following the children, Brisbane will be outraged.

First post- been watching comments for days and some interesting comments! Also a Brissy girl O's so hard to get decent news.

Not familiar with area, but how close are the show grounds in relation to the screams heard by neighbours? Perhaps A threatened to leave with children, fight ensued, she drives off, goes to show ground to call for help. G ph's mistress in a state, then follows. Possibly drags her into his car (scratches on him from altercation), something happens, he dumps body over bridge, goes to parents house to dispose of clothing. Just ideas, but could explain re-interviewing of mistress to determine times etc and his state of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith