Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 1141
  1. #676
    Sorry TrueSlueth, no disrespect but I made a 000 call in a domestic incident some years ago and then hung up and they rang back within 5 minutes and insisted to my husband that they speak to me and I was ok.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pugsandfrogs For This Useful Post:


  3. #677
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by STELLA85 View Post
    Exactly ! and why would he say she is missing after being 30 mins late, why didn't he get in the car with the children and go looking for her ? how did he know what she was was she wearing?
    Am I right in saying that this is the first bit of new and interesting perspective in a while? ie - How did he know what she was wearing? I dont recall anyone bringing this up. If he didnt see her leave how would he know what she was wearing - ie if he went to bed and was asleep when she left home, how would he know what she chose to put on? Unless she always wore the same thing. I wonder. Some people might always wear the same thing but others would have range of gym/fitness/walking clothes and wear different things depending on what was clean.


  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:


  5. #678
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by ozprincessinoz View Post
    They must have been arguing quite loudly as there are apparently no immediate neighbours. I read there was a church/hall one side and a childcare centre the otherside. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    There is a house to the back of them--that was said in one of the Courier Mail articles a few days back (sorry...no link)


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rhb For This Useful Post:


  7. #679
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker12 View Post
    Personally I think that the killer is going to get away with this. The police sound very desperate indeed, pleading for the community to come forward if they had witnessed something odd at the round-about...how obscure.

    GBC is hiding behind his lawyers, the police have to be very careful re. making an arrest. The lawyers would be completely on top of this.

    It is obvious that the evidence they do have is circumstantial...

    I don't know if any of you remember the case about the man that murdered (via drowning) his girlfriend in the Brisbane River??? He was seen coming from the river soaking wet by witnesses the night she was drowned (there's probably a whole heap of facts I am forgetting). Anyway all circumstantial he got away with it.

    Don't you just love our justice system...

    BTW: This kind of makes me want to give up sleuthing
    This has been my concern for a while now, think about it, how much do top criminal lawyers/barristers get paid? And... how many cases do they take on at one time ( talking criminal law here, not conveyancing work)
    How much do the police get paid? and how many cases do they have going at one time?

    And before people start saying "what has money got to do with it"

    It is a reality that you get what you pay for and this explains why private school teachers get paid more than state school teachers, why specialists get paid more than GP's etc etc.

    He has from day one had expert criminal lawyers ( and now a QC) who specialise in criminal law, who are expert at dealing with the police, who know how the police work, who know how the system works and there is a very good reason they get paid a bomb.

    People joke about OJ Simpson, but the fact was he had that many lawyers ad barristers that they outmatched the prosecuters and the jury was confused, the just have said as much sice which you would all know.

    The police are used to shmucks that crack up pressure and fess up, they are ot used to someone lawyering up straight away and they are not used to having to ditch their most effective tactic which is scare and bluff and get the person to crack.

    This is nothing new and a lot of people on here would know exactly what I mean, money talks and bullsh1t walks, as I have said before, this is one time I would love to be proved wrong and if my opinion is totally wrong, then I will be glad


  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrisbaneGirl For This Useful Post:


  9. #680
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,178
    I agree....Well Done and excellent observation STELLA85


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to willough For This Useful Post:


  11. #681
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by tiff07 View Post
    Welcome Coolcat. Yes, the dramatic weight loss is bothering me too. Could be all of the things you've mentioned, could be a bad coke habit, all speculation on my part. Hope you enjoy your time here.
    Thanks tiff07....I did think Drug Problem but didn't want to throw another spanner in the works because some people are being blasted for purely speculating but I really wonder why he has lost so much weight??

    He just looks so different?

    It looks like he has perhaps had some sort of lifestyle change ( Mid life crisis perhaps?) that maybe didn't involve ABC...Was she getting in the way?

    I have more questions and insight but I think I will wean my way into this forum gradually as it gets a bit nasty and mean if you say something that someone disagrees with????


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to coolcat For This Useful Post:


  13. #682
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under the Southern Cross
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick.au View Post
    .Anyway I give up, no-one is interested in discussing anything factual nor what is likely to have occurred based on that information and all that it is going on is rehashing of incorrect information and wild theories/speculation. This thread started out interesting with a reasonable discussion......
    Again, with all due respect, this is kind of like groundhog day, with you posting comments on this forum which you alone state as fact. I've mentioned a couple of times about those screams heard & you insist on saying it's fact they were from a party...this is your fact. Nothing has been confirmed either way by police about it.


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:


  15. #683
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    702
    Praying that the person responsible is brought to justice.

    Btw BrisbaneGirl.........state school teachers are paid more than private school teachers. Sorry had to correct that small piece of misinformation there. But it is a common, but incorrect, assumption.
    Last edited by JK673; 05-04-2012 at 05:35 AM.


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JK673 For This Useful Post:


  17. #684
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Gap
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by alicat View Post
    I thought I read an article yesterday about trying to find the mobile phone? Let me have a look...

    Also, I know for a fact a friend of mine who will not call crimestoppers about being near the roundabout. He didn't see anything, he just wasn't to get involved (this makes me SO mad!)
    Obviously important for everyone who was in the vicinity of the roundabout during 11.30pm and 4am on that night to phone Crimestoppers, as the Detectives will be interested in ways that we may not be able to imagine!


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Couldbe For This Useful Post:


  19. #685
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Cccclllaareb View Post
    I think a dramatic weight loss is normal under the circumstances. It would be undeniably stressful to be GBC at present. I can understand why he wouldn't have the biggest appetite right now.
    I thought they meant a weight loss from the real estate photos to when she first disappeared, not from when she first disappeared to now.


  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:


  21. #686
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,429
    What do we know until now as fact/reports from police (please correct if anything not correct):

    - Husband reports wife missing at 7:30 am on Friday 20/4
    - Husband says he saw her for the last time on Thursday at 10:00 pm watching Footy Show
    - Wife was wearing sports/walking gear
    - Friday Husband informs in-laws that wife did not return from a walk and is missing
    - Wife/best friend texted on Thursday evening - all appeared normal - wife had a busy schedule the next day (Friday), incl. taking kids to a sleep over somewhere
    - Wife put kids to bed on Thursday evening
    - Husband says he goes to bed at 10 pm on Thursday and did not see wife again
    - Neighbours confirm hearing argument on Thursday evening around 10 pm - no screams
    - Friday couple's home is cordoned off and searched - potential crime scene
    - Husband and kids move in with his parents
    - Police confiscates both vehicles
    - Police confiscates husband's mobile / wife's mobile is missing
    - Police searches husband's parents home and remove items incl. computer
    - Police search husband's place of business
    - Police triangulate location of wife's phone to an area 150 m from couple's home
    - Husband retains prominent Gold Coast criminal lawyer to deal with the media and police
    - Police interview several witnesses, including a close female friend of husband
    - Police return both vehicles
    - 11 days after wife goes missing canoeist reports seeing a body under the bridge
    - Police confirms they have found a body that matches the description of missing wife's clothes
    - Police search the area - find SIM card (later confirmed as unrelated to this crime)
    - Husband retains a barrister on the advise of his lawyer
    - Police confirm identity of body and indicate this is an unlawful homicide investigation
    - There are no visible signs of foul play on the body
    - Police cannot comment on whether the husband is a suspect/person of interest
    - Police search outside couple's house and neighbours property again for missing wife's mobile phone
    - Police search scout camp area
    - Police re-interview several people, incl. husbands close female friend
    - Police appeal to the public for any sightings of any of the 2 cars on Thursday between 8 pm and 7 am the next morning
    - More police interviews
    - Police appeal to the public for sightings of wife's car at roundabout between 11:30 pm Thursday and 4:00 am Friday - a few people contact police
    - Media interview with wife's parents and wife's best friend indicates they feel some guilt for not acting on some things? expressed by the wife in the past
    - Police is still appealing for more witnesses regarding anything witnessed at roundabout between 11:30 pm Thursday - 4:00 am Friday
    - Wife's mobile phone still missing
    - Husband collects some photographs from his computer at the police station in preparation for the funeral


  22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:


  23. #687
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    953
    So he went on a diet and was losing weight and we all know that makes you really hangry!


  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nads For This Useful Post:


  25. #688
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Couldbe View Post
    Obviously important for everyone who was in the vicinity of the roundabout during 11.30pm and 4am on that night to phone Crimestoppers, as the Detectives will be interested in ways that we may not be able to imagine!
    It's alright. I dobbed in his work


  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alicat For This Useful Post:


  27. #689
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Cccclllaareb View Post
    I think a dramatic weight loss is normal under the circumstances. It would be undeniably stressful to be GBC at present. I can understand why he wouldn't have the biggest appetite right now.
    He had already lost the weight before she was found.....You don't lose this much weight so quickly??


  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coolcat For This Useful Post:


  29. #690
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker12 View Post
    Witch hunt!

    Didn't the mod say something about an ignore button if you can't play nice, why interrogate other users...a bit rude don't you think
    Hiya, I am playing nice and repectfully asking a query of Maverick.au.......this person is a straight shooter and seems to know a lot of things in this case.

    From my experience Mav is VERY in the know, just looking after the career aspect of this poster..........only gut feeling that is shredding my "be careful buddy, it's getting close to the bone stage soon".

    This a caring factor of my nature, IMO everyone needs brain space by expressing it.

    Look at all posters' posts and you know whether to trust them or not.
    Then Private message them as a test then maybe start a real open chat to vent that way I say.


  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Berry For This Useful Post:


Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012
    By kiwijayne in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1240
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 12:10 AM
  2. Found Deceased KY - Brandi Allison Phelps - 33 years old - Hopkins County - 31-Mar-2012
    By summer_breeze in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 12:47 PM
  3. Found Deceased Australia - Kayla Rogers, 5, Gold Coast QLD, 15 May 2011
    By theowlsgo in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 09:39 AM
  4. Found Deceased GA - Allison Marie Mullins, 27, Cartersville, 18 April 2009
    By Beyond Belief in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 08:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •