Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546
Results 1,126 to 1,141 of 1141

Thread: Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #2

Madonna King opinion piece.....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/o...-1226347438707

Mods, could we have the timeline link in the notices section at the top of the page?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MTBiker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ozazure View Post
    Both the kids were still with Abrahams in the weeks following Keisha's murder, so don't be too sure. And she had a long history with DOCs already.

I am not taking any disrespect, I don't feel the need to hedge my opinion with qualifiers, yes he may be innocent, but I don't think he is and I truly hope there is some DOCs involvement that is being kept (rightly so) confidential that is ensuring the girls safety. If he can murder his wife, he can murder his children and they need to be protected.
    For the children's sake I hope he is 100% innocent obviously. losing one parent to murder then the 2nd to prison for 30 years. A horrid situation.

I hope after all of this he is only guilty of being a bit of a schmuck. again for the kids sakes, bless their souls.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mountainhigh For This Useful Post:

Anyone that contiinued the fighting after my warning post, has about 3-4 minutes to self edit.

Thanks,

Salem
    "If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton, Jr.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ozazure View Post
    Both the kids were still with Abrahams in the weeks following Keisha's murder, so don't be too sure. And she had a long history with DOCs already.

I am not taking any disrespect, I don't feel the need to hedge my opinion with qualifiers, yes he may be innocent, but I don't think he is and I truly hope there is some DOCs involvement that is being kept (rightly so) confidential that is ensuring the girls safety. If he can murder his wife, he can murder his children and they need to be protected.
    Ok, was just voicing my opinion in regards to I would think the police would not put the children in jeopardy. Let us hope that it is so. I understand you referring to another case, but thats not given that the same thing would happen here.. I would like to hope not. I guess I was getting at none of us have the facts on whether anyone is or isnt guilty, even if we believe it to be so or otherwise. I hope if there is any question as to the childrens safety that has been addressed.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    I have a minor problem with the trust fund to send the kids to private school. It's yet again an example of a desire for social standing and status. I just find that interesting at this time. Look I am from a family which has sent all children to private school for generations, I get it. But I can guarantee you the issue has never come up surrounding a death. It just seems so odd to me. That Allison's wish 'would have been'. I think on both sides of the family there seems to be a little too much 'appearances over reality' going on. JMO.
    I do too - however i think in this case the reason is because Allison really wanted her girls to go to the same school she did. She had great memories there, and so she wanted for them the same wonderful experience she had. So the parents wanted to honour Allisons wish for the girls. I see it as simply this not reasons of snobbery or anything else.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by itsthevibe View Post
    I do too - however i think in this case the reason is because Allison really wanted her girls to go to the same school she did. She had great memories there, and so she wanted for them the same wonderful experience she had. So the parents wanted to honour Allisons wish for the girls. I see it as simply this not reasons of snobbery or anything else.
    I would agree that I think its just a way of honouring her memory. And if its something that Allison had intended for them, then it will be nice for that 'wish' to be honoured just something small amongst so much heartache that this family will be going though. I'm not weighing in on the debate over this any more than that. It was not something that concerned me, I saw it as an outlet for people if they did wish to help in anyway. I have already noted people sending stuff to the family so perhaps it will give people the chanel to do something.
    Last edited by UnfoldingTruth; 05-05-2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: typo

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:

I know I will get criticised for this, but I think the Trust fund is in very poor taste. I have also thought that BC were living a lie. Life was obviously not perfect like they were making out, and the drive to perfection was was ruining them both. Many people live those sorts of lives and the leafy western suburbs of Brisbane is a great spot to do it.
    I keep thinking of the duck treading underwater furiously but smiling and clam above water.

If you are considering an expensive private school education for your children you usually have expressed the desire and started planning for it well before they are turning 9 or 10. As someone posted earlier, about the second thing people ask you, is where you intend to send your children to school. So if this was a desire of Allison's I surprised nothing had been done before hand.

It has also occurred to me that GBC is the type of man who would have considered siring a son very important - I wonder if the mistress was prepared to give this another try and could have caused a lot of anger and frustration.

Obviously it hasn't taken too much to expose what is beneath the surface in this families lives, as it probably would not in our own lives. It takes two to tango as the saying goes.

I feel saddened that ABC and many others do not have the self esteem to be able to share there pain with someone close.

We need to remember we are not perfect and few of us have lives without some worries. It is time we got back to reality and stopped trying to be what we are not.

If anyone is interested, I think GBC had a hand in Allison's murder, but I don't think he did it.
    Last edited by spratsmum; 05-05-2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: grammar

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to spratsmum For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by minni View Post
    i think you can....an Everett assignment will have the effect of assigning the right to income to the trust.....the trust can then allocate the income to the children
    sorry..thinking partnerships....not relevant

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spratsmum View Post
    I know I will get criticised for this, but I think the Trust fund is in very poor taste. I have also thought that BC were living a lie. Life was obviously not perfect like they were making out, and the drive to perfection was was ruining them both. Many people live those sorts of lives and the leafy western suburbs of Brisbane is a great spot to do it.
    I keep thinking of the duck treading underwater furiously but smiling and clam above water.

If you are considering an expensive private school education for your children you usually have expressed the desire and started planning for it well before they are turning 9 or 10. As someone posted earlier, about the second people ask you is where you intend to send your children to school. So if this was a desire of Allison's I surprised nothing had been done before hand.

It has also occurred to me that GBC is the type of man who would have considered siring a son very important - I wonder if the mistress was prepared to give this another try and could have caused a lot of anger and frustration.

Obviously it hasn't taken too much to expose what is beneath the surface in this families lives, as it probably would not in our own lives. It takes two to tango as the saying goes.

I feel saddened that ABC and many others do not have the self esteem to be able to share there pain with someone close.

We need to remember we are not perfect and few of us have lives without some worries. It is time we got back to reality and stopped trying to be what we are not.

If anyone is interested, I think GBC had a hand in Allison's murder, but I don't think he did it.
    No intention of critising. I don't see the need. But I will say, In my mind I thought, I am not concerned if the money raised from the fund did not actually end up being used for their private school education but if it ended up being used for anything towards the childrens upbringing. If it made some small ounce of difference to making their lives any easier going fwd.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:

I am not concerned either as to where the money goes from the Trust fund, I think setting it up is in poor taste. At the funeral I could understand that may be the place, to say deposit to the Trust fund for Allison's daughter in memory of Allison, but I think a public appeal is tasteless.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spratsmum For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spratsmum View Post

If you are considering an expensive private school education for your children you usually have expressed the desire and started planning for it well before they are turning 9 or 10. As someone posted earlier, about the second thing people ask you, is where you intend to send your children to school. So if this was a desire of Allison's I surprised nothing had been done before hand.

Yep, a lot of us in the 'leafy western suburbs' ARE struggling to keep our heads above water and continue to pay private school fees.
    Then again, so are a lot of people from Inala and Woodridge.
    It's called the GFC!
    4069 Resident

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ozprincessinoz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MTBiker View Post
    Madonna King opinion piece.....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/o...-1226347438707

Mods, could we have the timeline link in the notices section at the top of the page?
    You have a timeline/media thread right here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171094"]AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It is also linked in the first post of the thread.

Hope that helps,

Salem
    "If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton, Jr.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Hi all, my first post here; male living in Brisbane. A fascinating case for sure, and I can quite explain to myself why it has captured my attention, other than I'm probably in the same general demographic as ABC, and also married into a Rhodesian family.

I have read most of the posts so far, from day one, all 50 on the previous thread and trying to keep up with the current one which is quickly growing.

I can't add much to what has already been discussed other than my personnel perspective of ex-Rhodesians. As I said, I married into an ex-Rhodesian family and at times it has been very perplexing for me as I come from an Australian Irish-Scottish background that goes way back to the 1800s. But I can say, from my perspective, that the BC family's behaviour doesn't strike me as strange at all. Ex-Rhodesians do have something of a born to rule attitude to the world, you need to know the history of the country to understand, and at the same time they do have something of a bunker mentality. In times of crisis they close in on themselves, and feel that everybody is against them. Again this is because of their history during the civil war in Zimbabwe, and the fact that the rest of the world was against them, and nobody would listen when they were saying, "But you don't realise how bad Mugabe is."

I have at times found the relative's in my wife's family very hard work; arrogant they most certainly are, both the men and the women, and intensely loyal to the family. We all are, I know, but so intensely loyal that they won't ever deny any possible wrong-doing by a family member. I think because of their history, they see bunkering down as their best or only option.

And as to the now notorious granny pash, I remember something my mother-in-law told me shortly before she died, when she was in her late 60s. "I think in Australia, they expect old people to be old. But what you don't understand is that A (her husband) and I still feel like we are 18." And they were so passionately in love still in their 60s. It was something to be envied.

For better or worse, it's a different culture. But I can say that when you marry into an ex-Rhodesian family, you will mostly always be something of an outsider. And there are family conflicts that get blown out of all proportion that would have been accepted as nothing more than the usual spat in an Australian family with an Irish/English/Scottish background. So I can totally understand that ABC's mum and dad would not be warm with the BC family.

That said, I'm not convinced the BC's are bad people, but just displaying a different culture response.

As to whether GBC is guilty or not, I simply can't see at this point that there is enough evidence to reach a conclusion. I suspect, as some posters have already suggested, that this is much more complicated than a DV manslaughter killing. My gut feeling tells me that there was a third party involved somewhere, but it is nothing more than a gut feeling, and from what I have seen I don't think GBC would be very good at getting rid of a body in those circumstances by himself. Arrogant on the outside maybe, but pretty vulnerable on the inside, and probably being constantly pushed by his dad to be successful.

26. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Rudra For This Useful Post:

I feel a bit sick .. I just realised who Peter Davis S C - GBC's lawyer is
    Davis has had some high profile cases.. including
    1. Eddy Groves o ABC learning centres,
    2.Geoff Sleba- involed in the 'accidentall' shooting of his wife in back while hunting snakes- initally police thought was a murder , but no charges after inquest in to death 0 mainly because he was mentally unstable after the incident ?- there were money problems , she compained about his behvaiour to her , and there were some suspcion of another women , they had seperated previously..
    it might of course have been accidental ? but my point is this SC has 'form'

oh dear , oh dear - so why do you think GBC decided on this SC ..on the day his wifes body was found.. what made hm think yep this is guy for me !!

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PolyDot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PolyDot View Post
    His sister looked genuinely distressed and did keep looking at her brother ,
    he looked uncomfortable ..
    Nots ure we can read anything in to it .. although the growing of beard is odd .. i can understand a few days gowth when your are higlyy stressed ,,
    The biggest tell tale sign from her, was the nibbling of her lower lip. One bites their lip when they have a crush on someone (we know it isnt this) or when they are concerned and unsure about a person or their actions.....Now this could be that she isn't used to the media attention that was on them.....or unsure about the answers GBC were giving, were true.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willough For This Useful Post:

Please continue here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7874206#post7874206"]Found Deceased Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm locking this thread up in just a minute.

Thanks!

Salem

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546