Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 668

Thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #36

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,090

    17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #36

    Members are allowed to discuss both sides of this case.


    Trayvon Martin was a minor and a victim in this case. Please treat him as such. You may discuss Trayvon and his actions on the night of his death, but you may not bash or use name calling, such as the word "thug" when referencing Trayvon.

    We are not allowing Trayvon Martin's Twitter account in its entirety to be posted due to his minor status. We will allow excerpts of his Twitter account as reported in MSM with an appropriate link.

    George Zimmerman has been charged with the murder of Trayvon Martin and may be sleuthed. Mr. Zimmerman is not a minor and therefore, his social media accounts are allowed, if validated.

    Posts containing snark, bashing or name calling of either party will be removed without notice to the member.

    Benjamin Crump and Mark O'Mara are attorneys in this case and they will be treated with respect on our forum. You may post and question their statements and their actions, but you will do it respectfully.


    Please submit topical thread requests and they will be approved once they are determined to be an appropriate topic for discussion.


    If you wish to discuss this case with less restriction, please check out our Subject Related Unmoderated discussion at:

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168453"]Link to Trayvon Martin Sound Off[/ame]


    Previous General Discussion Threads:

    Thread #1 Thread #2
    Thread #3 Thread #4
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166793"]Thread #5[/ame] Thread #6
    Thread #7 Thread #8
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167219"]Thread #9[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167312"]Thread #10[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167357"]Thread #11[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167420"]Thread #12[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167490"]Thread #13[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7746243#post7746243"]Thread #14[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7749539#post7749539"]Thread #15[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7753618#post7753618"]Thread #16[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7758089#post7758089"]Thread #17[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7762916#post7762916"]Thread #18[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7767079#post7767079"]Thread #19[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168446"]Thread #20[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7774463#post7774463"]Thread #21[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168628"]Thread #22[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168701"]Thread #23[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7785222#post7785222"]Thread #24[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7788782#post7788782"]Thread #25[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7794292#post7794292"]Thread #26[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7801545#post7801545"]Thread #27[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7808505#post7808505"]Thread #28[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7811875#post7811875"]Thread #29[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7817586#post7817586"]Thread #30[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7822097#post7822097"]Thread #31[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7834675#post7834675"]Thread #32[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7835014#post7835014"]Thread #33[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170328"]Thread #34[/ame]

    Thr[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170467"]ead #35[/ame]
    * * * * * *
    Websleuths.com, LLC Co-Owner
    WSSoSueMe@aol.com


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    156
    Open for business?

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to saguaro For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,090
    Quote Originally Posted by saguaro View Post
    Open for business?
    Yes, post away.
    * * * * * *
    Websleuths.com, LLC Co-Owner
    WSSoSueMe@aol.com

  5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SoSueMe For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    350
    Just catching up this morning and I noticed that people were wondering where the information came from that Trayvon was an A and B student. It came from his English teacher who "described Trayvon, a junior, as an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness."

    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-teacher-uncle


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    18,986
    [Quote from last thread] I just find this method of thinking hilarious. I can only imagine how the conversation would be (on here and elsewhere) if he had talked to and hired a lawyer on day one, when he got arrested. The same people saying he should of got a lawyer that night would be criticizing that decision if it actually happened, saying it makes him look guilty, what does he need a lawyer for, etc, etc, etc.


    I think an attorney would have been in order since he admitted to LE he shot TM and it would have been advisable. I know most people would have gone for the attorney once you are cuffed an attorney is in order. What surprises me is the father did not recommend one be there but instead it appears RZ, SR. thought he could "handle the matter himself." That does not seem odd to anyone????? jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    5,908
    my reply to JustK's post from previous thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    GZ probably had a lawyer for his other felony charges from 2005. A lot of people, at age 28, have had to hire a lawyer for one thing or another. And, I bet a lot of people have the lawyer's number in their phone. In today's environment, IMO, everyone should keep the name and number of a good lawyer in their cellphone.
    There is an interview with one of his former attys from 2005 out there somewhere. She was on one of the TH shows, HLN IIRC. She said GZ was very involved in his defense case. Does anyone remember this interview? Or did I dream it?:P

    JMO, MOO, etc.

    wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,376
    From previous thread:

    Originally posted by cityslick:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tehcloser
    I talk to my 30 and 32 yo daughters daily. And usually my son...but I still think that most grown up, responsible adults would first call their SO and/or a lawyer. Sure they would talk to their parents about it, but after they had already started taking care of it themselves.
    Well his father was a magistrate, perhaps he called him because he would be knowledgeable on how to handle the situation.
    But then again, wouldn't he already know how to handle the situation?

    After all, this was not George's first time at the rodeo.


    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.



  11. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    my reply to JustK's post from previous thread


    There is an interview with one of his former attys from 2005 out there somewhere. She was on one of the TH shows, HLN IIRC. She said GZ was very involved in his defense case. Does anyone remember this interview? Or did I dream it?:P

    JMO, MOO, etc.

    wm
    I remember it! It was an HLN show, either Vinnie Politan or Jane Velez-Mitchell.

  13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LynnM For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnM View Post
    Just catching up this morning and I noticed that people were wondering where the information came from that Trayvon was an A and B student. It came from his English teacher who "described Trayvon, a junior, as an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness."

    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-teacher-uncle
    Thank you, LynnM!
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,561
    I believe it was his first time shooting someone and claiming self defense.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom

  17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,649
    cityslick
    Registered User Join Date: Mar 2011
    Posts: 4,672

    I just find this method of thinking hilarious. I can only imagine how the conversation would be (on here and elsewhere) if he had talked to and hired a lawyer on day one, when he got arrested. The same people saying he should of got a lawyer that night would be criticizing that decision if it actually happened, saying it makes him look guilty, what does he need a lawyer for, etc, etc, etc.

    I recognize the conversations that we've had here lots of times.

    However, I don't think it would have been very prominent in this case because there is an important difference imo. Many of the other cases with this discussion going on have been missing persons and murders in which the lawyered up person insists that he knows nothing and is completely innocent and wants the crime solved and the perp arrested as soon as possible. If you then lawyer up and refuse to answer questions that might help the police in their investigations it looks odd.

    However, George Zimmerman shot someone. He admits that. That in itself means he needs a lawyer. I do not believe that too many people would go through this argument with people who already admitted that they did something. It's usually the ones who deny deny deny. GZ has a good case of needing a lawyer to help him navigate the legal system and establish his defense strategy.

    I think most people are intelligent enough to recognize this is necessary to prevent miscarriages of justice in self defense cases and just to ensure everything goes fairly and there won't be costly problems with appeals even if the defendant admits that he's guilty as sin.


  19. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnM View Post
    I remember it! It was an HLN show, either Vinnie Politan or Jane Velez-Mitchell.
    Thanks! I knew I saw it. I've googled it and cannot find it. Nor do I have much time to search today. I'll search more when things aren't so hectic around here.

    wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post

    There is an interview with one of his former attys from 2005 out there somewhere. She was on one of the TH shows, HLN IIRC. She said GZ was very involved in his defense case. Does anyone remember this interview? Or did I dream it?:P

    JMO, MOO, etc.

    wm
    http://fox8.com/2012/04/11/george-zi...d-with-murder/


    Zahra Umansky, an attorney who represented Zimmerman on 2005 charges of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest after an incident in a local bar charges which were later dismissed recalled he was actively involved in his defense, more so than other youths at that age might be. He was very concerned, she said.

    She characterized Zimmerman as having a tendency to not accept what hes told at face value. He wants to take things and find out whats going on. Hes curious, she said.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....


  22. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,649
    Do lawyers usually remember their clients from six or seven years ago or does it mean t
    that GZ stood out?

    IANAL but I remember hardly any of my clients from several years ago unless there was something extraordinary about them.

  23. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,729
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    my reply to JustK's post from previous thread



    There is an interview with one of his former attys from 2005 out there somewhere. She was on one of the TH shows, HLN IIRC. She said GZ was very involved in his defense case. Does anyone remember this interview? Or did I dream it?:P

    JMO, MOO, etc.

    wm
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnM View Post
    I remember it! It was an HLN show, either Vinnie Politan or Jane Velez-Mitchell.



    Zahra Umansky, an attorney who represented Zimmerman on 2005 charges of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest after an incident in a local bar charges which were later dismissed recalled he was actively involved in his defense, more so than other youths at that age might be. He was very concerned, she said.

    She characterized Zimmerman as having a tendency to not accept what hes told at face value. He wants to take things and find out whats going on. Hes curious, she said.

    http://fox6now.com/2012/04/12/george...-ask-for-bail/

  25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    75002
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnM View Post
    Just catching up this morning and I noticed that people were wondering where the information came from that Trayvon was an A and B student. It came from his English teacher who "described Trayvon, a junior, as an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness."

    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-teacher-uncle
    This same teacher also said that

    Trayvon was under a five-day suspension when he was shot that Sunday night, but Kypriss said it was due to tardiness and not misbehavior.

    "Trayvon was not a violent or dangerous child. He was not known for misbehaving," the teacher said. "He was suspended because he was late too many times."
    which we know now, was a lie.

  27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tpgks For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by tpgks View Post
    This same teacher also said that



    which we know now, was a lie.
    IMO....accusing this teacher of lying is extremely unjustified. The suspension HAS been said to be for tardies by a number of sources. The "unauthorized" release of records can certainly not be given priority over a teacher's statement, and suspensions can be issued for more than one reason. It is NOT an either/or situation.

  29. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:


  30. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    782
    IMO I don't see any reason why GZ calling his father should be seen as ridiculous. Considering the situation, I definitely would have called my ex-magistrate judge father FIRST thing. I do not see that as him thinking daddy can get me out of this, but that dad is a magistrate/judge and can advise me. IMO I see nothing hinky about this.

  31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pcrum12 For This Useful Post:


  32. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    http://fox8.com/2012/04/11/george-zi...d-with-murder/


    Zahra Umansky, an attorney who represented Zimmerman on 2005 charges of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest after an incident in a local bar charges which were later dismissed recalled he was actively involved in his defense, more so than other youths at that age might be. He was very concerned, she said.

    She characterized Zimmerman as having a tendency to not accept what hes told at face value. He wants to take things and find out whats going on. Hes curious, she said.
    Thanks much! I googled ZU's name and your WS post was the eighth one listed, LOL!
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:


  34. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by tpgks View Post
    This same teacher also said that

    Quote:
    Trayvon was under a five-day suspension when he was shot that Sunday night, but Kypriss said it was due to tardiness and not misbehavior.

    "Trayvon was not a violent or dangerous child. He was not known for misbehaving," the teacher said. "He was suspended because he was late too many times."

    which we know now, was a lie.
    It's a lie IF he deliberately misstated the reason for the suspension. I highly doubt however, that this teacher was directly involved in the disciplinary action against Trayvon. And it's very possible that teacher was misinformed by a fellow teacher or by school administrators. IMO.


    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.



  35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:


  36. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Do lawyers usually remember their clients from six or seven years ago or does it mean t
    that GZ stood out?

    IANAL but I remember hardly any of my clients from several years ago unless there was something extraordinary about them.
    Think it is hard to broadbrush all lawyers as either having or not having the ability to remember someone.
    Maybe , as you say, there was something extraordinary about him in either a good or bad way.
    Maybe she re read his file to refresh or she remembers all her clients. Maybe she liked him or she has a good long term memory. I can think of a lot of reasons to remember someone.
    JMHO of course.

  37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  38. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    It's a lie IF he deliberately misstated the reason for the suspension. I highly doubt however, that this teacher was directly involved in the disciplinary action against Trayvon. And it's very possible that teacher was misinformed by a fellow teacher or by school administrators. IMO.
    Exactly. This teacher is not going to know the exact reason for Trayvon's suspension unless he was directly involved with it. I highly doubt this teacher is covering for Trayvon being violent. I say again, there is absolutely nothing in Trayvon's past to suggest he was a violent in the least. He was not out for blood that night. One teacher's misinformation does not make that a fact. Sheesh.

  39. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


  40. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    75002
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    IMO....accusing this teacher of lying is extremely unjustified. The suspension HAS been said to be for tardies by a number of sources. The "unauthorized" release of records can certainly not be given priority over a teacher's statement, and suspensions can be issued for more than one reason. It is NOT an either/or situation.
    Unjustified? Accusing? The teacher DID lie! If the teacher lied about the reason/length of suspension it is not a stretch to think that she *might* be lying about Trayvon's grades and character. All of the other "sources" were also lying when they claimed that Trayvon was suspended for tardies. Crump and at least Tracy knew the truth but kept telling the 5 day/tardy story because it did not fit the "image" they were selling to the MSM.

  41. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tpgks For This Useful Post:


  42. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
    IMO I don't see any reason why GZ calling his father should be seen as ridiculous. Considering the situation, I definitely would have called my ex-magistrate judge father FIRST thing. I do not see that as him thinking daddy can get me out of this, but that dad is a magistrate/judge and can advise me. IMO I see nothing hinky about this.
    I'm just glad he didn't call Sean Hannity first.

    I can see why he would call his father if in fact he didn't have ready access to an attorney's number. And I honestly can't blame him for not wanting to open the phone book and point with his eyes shut.


    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.



  43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:


  44. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    75002
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    It's a lie IF he deliberately misstated the reason for the suspension. I highly doubt however, that this teacher was directly involved in the disciplinary action against Trayvon. And it's very possible that teacher was misinformed by a fellow teacher or by school administrators. IMO.
    Then the teacher should not have spoken on the matter if he was only going on rumors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Exactly. This teacher is not going to know the exact reason for Trayvon's suspension unless he was directly involved with it. I highly doubt this teacher is covering for Trayvon being violent. I say again, there is absolutely nothing in Trayvon's past to suggest he was a violent in the least. He was not out for blood that night. One teacher's misinformation does not make that a fact. Sheesh.
    If the teacher is not going to know the exact reason for the suspension, then how did he come up with tardies? Did he just pull it out of thin air? Was he following the MSM narrative? Did Crump or Jackson talk to him?

  45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tpgks For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1048
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 11:27 AM
  2. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #28
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1309
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 05:30 PM
  3. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #27
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 909
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 07:19 AM
  4. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1016
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 01:34 PM
  5. 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20
    By ynotdivein in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 946
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •