Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #36

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    I believe that never happened..how could TM circle his car (3times) and get to where he was shot dead in a matter of seconds?

This is why we ask for links. So, can you please provide a link that says he circled his truck 3 TIMES as you have stated in your post?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfla View Post
    I think the reason you see a lot of link requests is because there is a lot of inaccurate information being spread. The WS way of challenging inaccurate information is to request a link.

Respectfully, we do not know that TM was the only victim. Some of us consider the possibility that GZ was a victim of assault, and had to use his gun in self defense. If that proves to be true, then GZ is the victim.

I think the moderators have been clear that both sides can be discussed. I understand the emotion in this case and I have tried to phrase my posts as to not offend anyone. I understand some (on both sides) like to stir up the pot, but I think they have been delt with by the moderators appropriately.

Feel free to call anyone out on what you feel is unfounded. You can also request a link.

Iím sorry to hear about your brother.
    BBM

Thank you...

Until, when and IF GZ gets his SYG defense, TM IS THE ONLY VICTIM...

So, to have the victim be so condemned by a few, is really off the mark..

If this wasn't a crime victims advocates board, then to talk dispargaingly about the victim would be viewed as okay..but since this is not a free for all, many might want to be alot more empathetic towards the victim and his family..

I truly feel appalled and hurt at the way some speak..makes me wonder why they choose this site and not a site that is favorable to the defendant...

Quote Originally Posted by rossva View Post
    BBM I think that fact alone points to evidence of a concussion, perhaps even brain damage. I know if I had just shot and killed some one under ANY circumstances no way in heck, in a normal state of mind, I certainly wouldn't talk to LE with out an attorney.
    I don't believe MOM ever mentioned brain damage, nor concussion and he had the medical report. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    It's that time!
    Might want to start about branching out into topic specific discussion.
    The general discussion threads will be closed for good today.
    You have an entire forum and you can spread out and discuss specific topics instead of just threads of general discussion that become locked away and unbumpable.

There is a sticky thread for questions about rules and such so feel free to ask any questions you may have there.

The threads will be moderated at first meaning they will not be visible to the general membership. As mods are able to review- they will be approved if appropriate and made available.

As always please stay on topic of the thread you are in when posting.

Thanks all.
    bumping
    Please break out the discussion everyone. thanks.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

BBM

Thank you...

If this wasn't a crime victims advocates board, then to talk dispargaingly about the victim would be viewed as okay..but since this is not a free for all, many might want to be alot more empathetic towards the victim and his family..

I truly feel appalled and hurt at the way some speak..makes me wonder why they choose this site and not a site that is favorable to the defendant...
    The reason I like to discuss it here is because of the heavy moderation (THANK YOU MODS!) and them not allowing either side to run roughshod over the other side. I come here for the opinion of others I do not agree with. I want to hear both sides of the case, not just one side, like the media has protrayed (IMO). I have no interest in discussing the case with people I am in total agreement with.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

If ya can't link it ya can't post it.
    period.
    The "I know something you don't know but I can't tell you" does not have a place on the board.
    please.

From da rules:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

>>Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.
    If you can't post it, don't.<<

I thought this forum was open for discussions on this case. Some of us aren't as quick to come to conclusions as others.

Almost to 100 posts.

LOL!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saguaro For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
    BBM: BINGO! In my Opinion, GZ WAS devastated. But that doesn't mean it wasn't self defense.
    Based on his actions in the minutes, hours and days after the shooting, I'd have to disagree as to GZ being "devistated."

He had the composure to:
    Put his gun back in his holster
    Get his cellphone out
    Make a call
    Ask a neighbor to call his wife.
    Told MC & her roommate to, "Call 911."
    Claim self Defense to the one of the first officer on the scene
    Tell the police some pretty elaborate story
    Walk casually out of the police car and into the police station

Start a few websites to garner support and money.
    Quit his job...and go there and clear out his personal stuff
    Show no remorse for killing another human being...simply say, "I'm sorry for your loss."

Anyone else want to add to the list of things GZ did that suggest that he was not devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I think Mr.Crump wants justice. That is all. I just noticed if you take the p off your hat and you add it after the m....... Isn't that ironic???? jmp
    Lol -- now that is funny.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pcrum12 For This Useful Post:

BBM

Thank you...

I would not be surprised that we find out that both TM and GZ felt threatened at some point which is why there was a fight. GZ was the only one with a gun. But if GZ felt a threat he should have used better judgment, stayed in the car and let LE handle it. This is NOT a case where GZ was pursued. If GZ felt TM was up to no good he never would have turned his back on him and never would have pursued him in the first place. It's common sense and it was what he was told he should do under numerous situations.

Why did GZ follow TM when he knew there was only one exit, out the back gate. What motivated him to follow? Not that it's not against the law. That is not an answer. Why would someone do it? What is the point with LE on their way? What was GZ thinking???? jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BiancaS View Post
    Important to note from this source: All Level III, IV, and V infractions, unless otherwise noted, require Schools Police Automated Reporting (SPAR).
    Administrators must contact Miami-Dade Schools Police.

As suspected, if Trayvon had been found with a pipe, he would have been arrested....yet it was confirmed by FDLE that he had no record, juvenile or otherwise.
    Iirc, the msm that reported this did not quote the disclosure. I have said before, and maintain, that Trayvon had no "disclosable" juvenile record, which would include only serious charges. Felonies, I believe. Imo, we don't know one way or the other whether he had a non-disclosable criminal record of lesser offenses. However, the fact that his own father's first thought upon discovering that he failed to come home was to call juvie, etc. leads me to believe that he may have. Personally, whether he did or didn't is of no concern to me unless it was for some type of assualt. I just don't think we can accurately say that, for sure, he did not have a juvenile record.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfla View Post
    That works both ways. The assault stopped after the sound of the gun, therefore if it was GZ screaming, he had no reason to continue screaming.
    I agree, I think he was trying to get help, his adrenaline was pumping and after the shot went off he was stunned at what had just happened. I do think there's the possibility though that TM screamed at the last moment because he realized he'd lost the struggle, but I believe 100% it was GZ yelling for help.

GZ was knocked to the ground and TM got on top of him, and that eliminates for me the possibility that GZ was trying to detain him and takes any validity away from TM being the one asking for help, wouldn't make sense. JMO

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    It's that time!
    Might want to start about branching out into topic specific discussion.
    The general discussion threads will be closed for good today.
    You have an entire forum and you can spread out and discuss specific topics instead of just threads of general discussion that become locked away and unbumpable.

There is a sticky thread for questions about rules and such so feel free to ask any questions you may have there.

The threads will be moderated at first meaning they will not be visible to the general membership. As mods are able to review- they will be approved if appropriate and made available.

As always please stay on topic of the thread you are in when posting.

Thanks all.
    JBean, Thank you! Even though I haven't posted much I have been following along and it's been a rough ride.
    Finally, having just specific threads is going to be wonderful!
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to whiteangora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by saguaro View Post
    I thought this forum was open for discussions on this case. Some of us aren't as quick to come to conclusions as others.

Almost to 100 posts.

LOL!
    We're just bouncing off each other's posts. It is frustrating trying to find out what really happened. All posts have value even if we do not agree with it, it sometimes sparks a new question in our minds worth exploring. I value all the post because we all want the same thing. We want the truth. Happy 100th, by-the-way. lol jmo

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    That would be true of anyone. So you are saying we should be stopping everyone on the street and demand that they strip to make sure they are not carrying a screw driver?????? That makes no sense. jmo
    Trayvon Martin was not a threat to anyone. All of the "Might bes" existed only in GZ's mind. It "Might be" that GZ intended to kill TM all the time. It "Might be" he didn't. It is a fact, and not a "Might be" that TM is cold, stone dead and GZ made him that way.

Lambchop, it is only legal to make everyone strip and search them for weapons at airports. But you are right, anywhere else makes no sense. In fact, airport searches as presently done make no sense either. Maybe that would be a good place for GZ to get a job. Stop and search to his heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    I agree, I think he was trying to get help, his adrenaline was pumping and after the shot went off he was stunned at what had just happened. I do think there's the possibility though that TM screamed at the last moment because he realized he'd lost the struggle, but I believe 100% it was GZ yelling for help.

GZ was knocked to the ground and TM got on top of him, and that eliminates for me the possibility that GZ was trying to detain him and takes any validity away from TM being the one asking for help, wouldn't make sense. JMO
    BBM, the shot did not just "go off" <---that sounds like a talking point to direct opinion to innocence. GZ took his gun loaded with killer bullets with him that night and deliberately took it with him to follow TN (against the direct instruction of LE) and deliberately pulled the trigger to shoot TV, thus killing him stone cold dead. It was a deliberate act, a choice and nothing other. That is my informed opinion and I fully expect the evidence to prove it.

Time to break things out into discussion topics-

if you feel a topic should have it's own thread- go ahead and start the thread. You will not see it as all new threads will be "moderated" in here first. That means the mods can see your thread and no one else can. if the topic is approved, it will be visible to all.

Due to the controversial nature of this case we are going to do this for awhile. We are really sorry to have to be so tight-but the goal is to get everyone on board with rules and then it will run more like other forums. Ultimate goal is to give you more room to discuss all aspects more freely.
    thanks for your cooperation.

Please check all existing threads and see if your topic fits into a thread already open BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD. Nothing fits "neatly" so just have to use your best judgement.

Please do not make the same post in more than one thread-we know the topics overlap to a degree but please choose the thread where your post best fits.

With that -General Discussion Threads are now no longer going to be used. Please do your best to keep topic specific threads from turning into general discussion.

Thanks and please make good use of the forum.

Please post any questions you have about format or rules here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170530"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by JBean; 05-04-2012 at 01:01 PM.

And just one final post to change the index numbers LOL!

Salem
    "If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton, Jr.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627