Thread: TX~6-month-old baby found dead in Houston refrigerator

TX~6-month-old baby found dead in Houston refrigerator

(snip)

Officers said the man refused to let them into his apartment when they arrived. A neighbor saw what was going on and panicked because she knew a baby was inside.

"I got a hold of maintenance and they ended up kicking the door in," neighbor Evette Williams said. "Found the guy laying on the floor and no baby."

Police said it was obvious that a child lived there.

"There were some items that were indicative that a child was living there at some point," Sgt. Ora Chandler said.

Detectives ended up finding a baby boy, about 6 months old, inside the refrigerator. He was wrapped in a blanket and wearing clothing.

(snip)

Although an autopsy is pending, KPRC reported that police said they suspect the body was inside the refrigerator for at least a day.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...rigerator?lite
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...or-3532051.php

A mother, left, is comforted, as police investigate the death of her near 6-month-old son who was found in the refrigerator by firefighters where he lived with his father at The University Apartments on the 7100 block of Beechnut Wednesday, May 2, 2012, in Houston. Investigators say the baby's father called 911 this morning, saying he was suicidal.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

Poor baby, whatever could have happened?

RIP little one
    England's dancing days are done...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    RIP Baby Joseph. I'm so sorry!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    The more I read here the more I can not understand what the h3ll is going on!!!!
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

I hope it was quick and painless and now he is in the arms of the Lord..
    RIP baby Joseph
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

Well, here is some background info on Joseph's short life.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3374...frigerator.htm

Approximately one month ago, the baby's mother and father had separated. The mother had moved to Clear Lake to care for a relative, reported UPI. The mother said that when she moved out, she could not afford to care for the child and trusted the father with him.

"Up until this point, he had appeared to be a good father and because of her own issues, she decided this would be a temporary solution to her problem," Chandler said, reported the Daily Mail. "But she planned to come here to actually take the child today."

However, she admitted that the father also had a history of substance abuse and domestic violence, reported UPI.

"As a mom, she's in shock," Chandler said. "This is obviously something she never expected."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...on-3530229.php

Apparently, the father doted on the baby and carried the baby with him everywhere. On Sunday, the mom called him and told him that she was coming to see the baby on Wed, and that she wanted to discuss taking the baby back to Clear Lake with her. I wonder if the thought of losing his son caused him to snap. I don't believe we have a cause of death yet.
    RIP, little one.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jennapuppy For This Useful Post:

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012...jury-to-child/

According to this report, the father dropped the baby on the floor while he was intoxicated and failed to seek medical attention. This reportedly happened on Sunday, which was the day that the baby's mother called him to discuss taking the baby to live with her.

Whether it was accidental or intentional, there seems to a possibility that the phone call triggered the event.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jennapuppy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jennapuppy View Post
    http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012...jury-to-child/

According to this report, the father dropped the baby on the floor while he was intoxicated and failed to seek medical attention. This reportedly happened on Sunday, which was the day that the baby's mother called him to discuss taking the baby to live with her.

Whether it was accidental or intentional, there seems to a possibility that the phone call triggered the event.
    So sad. The neighbor stated that he always carried his son around and was a loving doting dad.

I wonder if he started drinking after he got the phone call that mom was coming to get him, but was still holding him alot as usual and dropped him.

So tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    So sad. The neighbor stated that he always carried his son around and was a loving doting dad.

I wonder if he started drinking after he got the phone call that mom was coming to get him, but was still holding him alot as usual and dropped him.

So tragic.
    That's what I'm thinking. Apparently he had a problem with substance abuse in the past. I guess putting the baby in the frig was due to panic or shock.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennapuppy For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    bump...
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing