Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Lowe to play Jeff Ashton in movie

Hybrid View

Rob Lowe to play Jeff Ashton in movie

"The movie, tentatively named "Prosecuting Casey Anthony," is expected to be told from the perspective of Ashton, who went head-to-head with Anthony in last year's court trial and went on to write the book, "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony," The Hollywood Reporter reported Thursday night."

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...#ixzz1ttyw6U5O

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Reality Orlando For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FLmom777 View Post
    Jane Lynch would make a good DS
    LOL! I love Jane Lynch and you just ruined that for me!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
    LOL! I love Jane Lynch and you just ruined that for me!!!
    I think she is a wonderful actress. She could pull this role off.

How about Joe Pesci as jb?

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to FLmom777 For This Useful Post:

No Joe Pesci should be Frank George

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on the interwebz. I am just a "reasonable person"

HHJP: "I.Am.Not.Stopping.Anymore.For.You.To.Get.A.Fi le."

HHJP:
    "I WILL WORK YOU ALL DAY SATURDAY" LOVE HIM!

"You have never studied that because of course, you haven't studied that." -Jose Baez

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sleuths4Me For This Useful Post:

Danny DeVito should play JB.

I just saw this thread ... and this made me lol !

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

I can't think of her "real name" -- the actress who played Betty Broderick in the Lifetime Movie :

She should play Cindy Anthony !

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post

I can't think of her "real name" -- the actress who played Betty Broderick in the Lifetime Movie :

She should play Cindy Anthony !

Meredith Baxter

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/a-w...roderick-story
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

I'm scared to find out who will play "tot mom"

I hope they make her really unattractive! LOL...

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MaryAnn For This Useful Post:

Theresa Russell is perfect for Cindy.
    (I don't see how this book could be made into a movie, though)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pattymarie For This Useful Post:

A beautiful pixie angel will have to found to play Caylee. This will always be Caylee's story.

I think someone should scour the WS documents and posts to create the ultimate mini-series . It's all right here,folks,and will take longer than 2 hours.
    We even have the ultimate legal eagles.

Loved the book, but the complete story needs to be told and it's here.
    Always ,just my opinion

SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
    A beautiful pixie angel will have to found to play Caylee. This will always be Caylee's story.

I think someone should scour the WS documents and posts to create the ultimate mini-series . It's all right here,folks,and will take longer than 2 hours.
    We even have the ultimate legal eagles.

Loved the book, but the complete story needs to be told and it's here.
    You are so right. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Friday wrote something?

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Ya think Jon Lovitz is too old to play JB? I think he'd be perfect! I can hear him now-George did it-yeah, yeah that's right-then he screamed at KC "Look what you've done!!" yeah, yeah that's the ticket!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    Ya think Jon Lovitz is too old to play JB? I think he'd be perfect! I can hear him now-George did it-yeah, yeah that's right-then he screamed at KC "Look what you've done!!" yeah, yeah that's the ticket!!

Perfect choice, Essies!

I'm going to read the book again now that it is not as raw of a wound. I know we had a whole cast of characters when the book was released. I guess we should come up with a new list.

JA- Rob Lowe (confirmed)
    LDB- ?
    Frank George- ?
    Yuri-?

JB-?
    CM-?
    DS-?

Cindy-?
    George-?
    FCA-?
    LA-?

I think they may have trouble finding an actress willing to portray she who must not be named.
    JW- Victoria Jackson from SNL.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Victo...w=1366&bih=562
    Always ,just my opinion

SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

I wonder how much of "Caylee" they will even show in the movie? In the movie about the Ramsey case, "JonBenet" was only in the first 5-10 minutes. It was more about the investigation. This movie looks like it's going to be more about the trial and the behind-the-scenes stuff of it than the actual murder and the events leading up to it...if that makes sense.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
    "The movie, tentatively named "Prosecuting Casey Anthony," is expected to be told from the perspective of Ashton, who went head-to-head with Anthony in last year's court trial and went on to write the book, "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony," The Hollywood Reporter reported Thursday night."

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...#ixzz1ttyw6U5O
    This is good news to me. Not because of Mr. Lowe, but because it seems the movie is based on Jeff's book and he, I think, will get the money for the rights.

Definitely ditto on the Jon Lovitz casting.
    My opinion only, please keep it that way

32. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy Puppy For This Useful Post:

They are already talking about a Casey Anthony movie already.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

34. The Following User Says Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

I've always thought that Amanda Peet would make a good ICA, although she may be a bit old for the part.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Peet"]Amanda Peet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Some ditz on HLN just suggested Lindsey Lohan.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:

a movie? not impressed, not in this lifetime why keep giving the <modsnip> the attn she craves? wait 100 years to make a movie. it'll still leave audiences in fury even then.

38. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    a movie? not impressed, not in this lifetime why keep giving the <modsnip> the attn she craves? wait 100 years to make a movie. it'll still leave audiences in fury even then.
    Casey Anthony in 100 years will likely be like Lizzie Borden. When Borden was acquitted, she was branded "most hated" and people stayed away from her. No surprise that Borden is part of a small, but elite fraternity made up other people past and present.

Lizzie Borden
    Nathan Freudenthal Leopold, Jr. and Richard Albert Loeb
    Bruno Hauptmann
    Adolf Hitler
    Joseph Stalin
    Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
    Madalyn Murray O'Hare
    Charles Manson
    Pol Pot
    Idi Amin
    Diane Downs
    Ted Bundy
    Jeffrey Dahmer
    OJ Simpson
    Robert Hanssen
    Osama bin Laden
    Fred Phelps
    Joran van der Sloot
    Lori Drew
    Casey Anthony
    Jerry Sandusky
    Last edited by HMSHood; 05-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HMSHood View Post
    Casey Anthony in 100 years will likely be like Lizzie Borden. When Borden was acquitted, she was branded "most hated" and people stayed away from her. No surprise that Borden is part of a small, but elite fraternity made up other people past and present.

Lizzie Borden
    Nathan Freudenthal Leopold, Jr. and Richard Albert Loeb
    Bruno Hauptmann
    Adolf Hitler
    Joseph Stalin
    Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
    Madalyn Murray O'Hare
    Charles Manson
    Pol Pot
    Idi Amin
    Diane Downs
    Ted Bundy
    Jeffrey Dahmer
    OJ Simpson
    Robert Hanssen
    Osama bin Laden
    Fred Phelps
    Joran van der Sloot
    Lori Drew
    Casey Anthony
    Jerry Sandusky
    But Lizzie Borden isn't "most hated" anymore. There are quite a few people who believes she's innocent. I don't think you would find too many people who invest energy into hating her when we have plenty of modern murderers.

I've seen you post this list many times, and I really don't understand it. Are you saying that these people are on the same level of evilness? Osama and Idi Amin killed thousands of people, and Pol Pot killed millions of people, so I think they are in a class of their own. There were fireworks and celebrations 10 year after 9/11 when Osama died; I doubt you would see that reaction for Casey, OJ, Jerry, Joran, etc. Sure, people would be glad that they are dead, but it would be more "good riddance" than major celebration. After all, their actions didn't lead to war.

You might not agree with Fred Phelps or Madalyn Murray O'Hare's views, but they never killed anyone, so I don't get putting them on a list with murderers. Madalyn was even a victim of murder too, so it's insulting to same she's part of the same group as Ted Bundy.

Also, there are thousands of murderers so why aren't all of them on this list? And, some of the people on that list are part of history...and others like Lori Drew were a brief "flash in the pan" in the media.

That list bothers me a lot. Some of the people on it would get the biggest ego boost knowing they are equal to a dictator or the man who orchestrated the biggest terrorist attack in US History that changed the course of the world.

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    Glad you spoke up 2goldfiish - I was reading through the comments - and some choices are pretty hilarious but right on and thinking - why am I feeling queasy?

So I guess I'm just going to be the party pooper and just say - anything at all that glamourizes this tragedy - which a movie can't help doing - just feels wrong. The injustice we all suffered with the not guilty verdict is not IMO going to be soothed by watching a movie about it - even from JA's point of view. It will be prettied up - a la Rob Lowe, who couldn't be gritty if he tried - and it was only be one more way to re-introduce FCA back into the spotlight.

Sorry to be the naysayer here - but I think this is one more group of people blatantly wanting their 15 minutes and their 15M on the death of this darling little girl who was so brutally murdered by her mother and betrayed by her grandparents.
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Glad you spoke up 2goldfiish - I was reading through the comments - and some choices are pretty hilarious but right on and thinking - why am I feeling queasy?

So I guess I'm just going to be the party pooper and just say - anything at all that glamourizes this tragedy - which a movie can't help doing - just feels wrong. The injustice we all suffered with the not guilty verdict is not IMO going to be soothed by watching a movie about it - even from JA's point of view. It will be prettied up - a la Rob Lowe, who couldn't be gritty if he tried - and it was only be one more way to re-introduce FCA back into the spotlight.

Sorry to be the naysayer here - but I think this is one more group of people blatantly wanting their 15 minutes and their 15M on the death of this darling little girl who was so brutally murdered by her mother and betrayed by her grandparents.
    ------------------

I will not watch anything about her. I will find the sponsors, and no more Lifetime. Can you tell I am P'O;d at this whole thing. I bought the book as I know where the money went. Her? she is Queen ch*t.
    Lord~please give me a break~Love, Noreen.

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast