Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 298
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    63 22'N 32 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Posts
    3,077
    They are already talking about a Casey Anthony movie already.




    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:


  3. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    14,921
    Quote Originally Posted by FLmom777 View Post
    How about Joe Pesci as jb?



    I just saw this thread ... and this made me lol !

    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion


  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:


  5. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,372
    I've always thought that Amanda Peet would make a good ICA, although she may be a bit old for the part.

    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Peet"]Amanda Peet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    Some ditz on HLN just suggested Lindsey Lohan.


    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.




  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:


  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    14,921


    I can't think of her "real name" -- the actress who played Betty Broderick in the Lifetime Movie :

    She should play Cindy Anthony !

    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion


  8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:


  9. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,977
    a movie? not impressed, not in this lifetime why keep giving the <modsnip> the attn she craves? wait 100 years to make a movie. it'll still leave audiences in fury even then.


  10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:


  11. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sangre de Cristo Mountains, New Mexico
    Posts
    5,289
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post


    I can't think of her "real name" -- the actress who played Betty Broderick in the Lifetime Movie :

    She should play Cindy Anthony !

    Meredith Baxter

    http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/a-w...roderick-story


  12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  13. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    63 22'N 32 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Posts
    3,077
    Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    a movie? not impressed, not in this lifetime why keep giving the <modsnip> the attn she craves? wait 100 years to make a movie. it'll still leave audiences in fury even then.
    Casey Anthony in 100 years will likely be like Lizzie Borden. When Borden was acquitted, she was branded "most hated" and people stayed away from her. No surprise that Borden is part of a small, but elite fraternity made up other people past and present.

    Lizzie Borden
    Nathan Freudenthal Leopold, Jr. and Richard Albert Loeb
    Bruno Hauptmann
    Adolf Hitler
    Joseph Stalin
    Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
    Madalyn Murray O'Hare
    Charles Manson
    Pol Pot
    Idi Amin
    Diane Downs
    Ted Bundy
    Jeffrey Dahmer
    OJ Simpson
    Robert Hanssen
    Osama bin Laden
    Fred Phelps
    Joran van der Sloot
    Lori Drew
    Casey Anthony
    Jerry Sandusky
    Last edited by HMSHood; 05-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.




    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941


  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:


  15. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,896
    Quote Originally Posted by HMSHood View Post
    Casey Anthony in 100 years will likely be like Lizzie Borden. When Borden was acquitted, she was branded "most hated" and people stayed away from her. No surprise that Borden is part of a small, but elite fraternity made up other people past and present.

    Lizzie Borden
    Nathan Freudenthal Leopold, Jr. and Richard Albert Loeb
    Bruno Hauptmann
    Adolf Hitler
    Joseph Stalin
    Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
    Madalyn Murray O'Hare
    Charles Manson
    Pol Pot
    Idi Amin
    Diane Downs
    Ted Bundy
    Jeffrey Dahmer
    OJ Simpson
    Robert Hanssen
    Osama bin Laden
    Fred Phelps
    Joran van der Sloot
    Lori Drew
    Casey Anthony
    Jerry Sandusky
    But Lizzie Borden isn't "most hated" anymore. There are quite a few people who believes she's innocent. I don't think you would find too many people who invest energy into hating her when we have plenty of modern murderers.

    I've seen you post this list many times, and I really don't understand it. Are you saying that these people are on the same level of evilness? Osama and Idi Amin killed thousands of people, and Pol Pot killed millions of people, so I think they are in a class of their own. There were fireworks and celebrations 10 year after 9/11 when Osama died; I doubt you would see that reaction for Casey, OJ, Jerry, Joran, etc. Sure, people would be glad that they are dead, but it would be more "good riddance" than major celebration. After all, their actions didn't lead to war.

    You might not agree with Fred Phelps or Madalyn Murray O'Hare's views, but they never killed anyone, so I don't get putting them on a list with murderers. Madalyn was even a victim of murder too, so it's insulting to same she's part of the same group as Ted Bundy.

    Also, there are thousands of murderers so why aren't all of them on this list? And, some of the people on that list are part of history...and others like Lori Drew were a brief "flash in the pan" in the media.

    That list bothers me a lot. Some of the people on it would get the biggest ego boost knowing they are equal to a dictator or the man who orchestrated the biggest terrorist attack in US History that changed the course of the world.


  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  17. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    a movie? not impressed, not in this lifetime why keep giving the <modsnip> the attn she craves? wait 100 years to make a movie. it'll still leave audiences in fury even then.
    Glad you spoke up 2goldfiish - I was reading through the comments - and some choices are pretty hilarious but right on and thinking - why am I feeling queasy?

    So I guess I'm just going to be the party pooper and just say - anything at all that glamourizes this tragedy - which a movie can't help doing - just feels wrong. The injustice we all suffered with the not guilty verdict is not IMO going to be soothed by watching a movie about it - even from JA's point of view. It will be prettied up - a la Rob Lowe, who couldn't be gritty if he tried - and it was only be one more way to re-introduce FCA back into the spotlight.

    Sorry to be the naysayer here - but I think this is one more group of people blatantly wanting their 15 minutes and their 15M on the death of this darling little girl who was so brutally murdered by her mother and betrayed by her grandparents.
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.



  18. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,896
    There's been movies about OJ, JonBenet, Laci, Natalee, Elizabeth, Stacy so I would've been shocked if they didn't make a movie. It almost seems like a movie is a given in any super high-profile case, and even ones that are less known but still sensational.


  19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  20. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    a movie? not impressed, not in this lifetime why keep giving the <modsnip> the attn she craves? wait 100 years to make a movie. it'll still leave audiences in fury even then.

    It's all about the money, money for the tv station, the sponsors, and I'm sad to say Jeff Ashton.
    I know I won't be watching this "movie".
    I saw the real thing and don't need any more reminders of a murderer go free.
    I hope it's a flop.


  21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to noor For This Useful Post:


  22. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lewisville. Texas
    Posts
    1,113
    Gotta disagree with some of you here.

    I think this will not be good for FCA as it will condense what happened surrounding her, her attorneys, her parents and the trial but probably will set things out more clearly to a tv audience that didn't follow like we did.

    Revenge comes sweetly in some unforseen ways.

    How's that hiding out working for ya FCA? Better dig in for the winter...



  23. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    63 22'N 32 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Posts
    3,077
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    But Lizzie Borden isn't "most hated" anymore. There are quite a few people who believes she's innocent. I don't think you would find too many people who invest energy into hating her when we have plenty of modern murderers.

    I've seen you post this list many times, and I really don't understand it. Are you saying that these people are on the same level of evilness? Osama and Idi Amin killed thousands of people, and Pol Pot killed millions of people, so I think they are in a class of their own. There were fireworks and celebrations 10 year after 9/11 when Osama died; I doubt you would see that reaction for Casey, OJ, Jerry, Joran, etc. Sure, people would be glad that they are dead, but it would be more "good riddance" than major celebration. After all, their actions didn't lead to war.

    You might not agree with Fred Phelps or Madalyn Murray O'Hare's views, but they never killed anyone, so I don't get putting them on a list with murderers. Madalyn was even a victim of murder too, so it's insulting to same she's part of the same group as Ted Bundy.

    Also, there are thousands of murderers so why aren't all of them on this list? And, some of the people on that list are part of history...and others like Lori Drew were a brief "flash in the pan" in the media.

    That list bothers me a lot. Some of the people on it would get the biggest ego boost knowing they are equal to a dictator or the man who orchestrated the biggest terrorist attack in US History that changed the course of the world.
    It is about how the public feels. Yes, Borden is no longer hated today as she was in the past. As for O'Hare, she was called the "most hated person" by Time magazine. I am not investing my hate in them as I am going by how history has treated them. History is history.

    Some of them are getting the same level of hate someone who did 9/11. Just look at any social networking site and I have seen many comparison of Casey Anthony to Osama bin Laden, Hitler, etc. 9/11 was very horrifying and I remember it like yesterday. A painful time from the day and weeks following it. It is very touchy and emotionally charged topic by just mentioning it. It had a profound impact on me as it did to America.

    Evil is evil. It is just the scale from killing one, thousands, or millions. They got the same psychology and mentality.
    Last edited by HMSHood; 05-04-2012 at 11:07 PM.




    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941


  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:


  25. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    781
    Movies are inevitable. I love the casting of Rob Lowe, he's a fave of mine and he did a fantastic job as Drew Peterson. He will rock it as Jeff Ashton, another fave of mine!

    Meredith Baxter is a great choice for CA.

    others who would be good:

    KC
    Ava Santana
    Emily Van Camp
    Madeline Zima
    Neve Campbell

    GA
    Dennis Farina
    Bill Paxton
    Joe Kloenne
    Adam Arkin

    FG
    Mark Ruffalo

    LDB
    Kate Capshaw
    Patricia Arquette

    LA
    Milo Ventimiglia

    Judge Perry
    Ossie Davis
    Charles S. Dutton
    Wendell Pierce
    Bill Duke


  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TexasLori For This Useful Post:


  27. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,265
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Glad you spoke up 2goldfiish - I was reading through the comments - and some choices are pretty hilarious but right on and thinking - why am I feeling queasy?

    So I guess I'm just going to be the party pooper and just say - anything at all that glamourizes this tragedy - which a movie can't help doing - just feels wrong. The injustice we all suffered with the not guilty verdict is not IMO going to be soothed by watching a movie about it - even from JA's point of view. It will be prettied up - a la Rob Lowe, who couldn't be gritty if he tried - and it was only be one more way to re-introduce FCA back into the spotlight.

    Sorry to be the naysayer here - but I think this is one more group of people blatantly wanting their 15 minutes and their 15M on the death of this darling little girl who was so brutally murdered by her mother and betrayed by her grandparents.
    ------------------

    I will not watch anything about her. I will find the sponsors, and no more Lifetime. Can you tell I am P'O;d at this whole thing. I bought the book as I know where the money went. Her? she is Queen ch*t.
    My Great Grandson~


  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •