1300 users online (252 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wife saw army medic husband die in Afghanistan while chatting on SKYPE

I have no words....I just can't fathom the horror for this family.

The family of a Texas-based Army medic serving in Afghanistan says his wife witnessed the officer's death, which happened as the two were video chatting via Skype.

The circumstances of Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark's death on Monday have not been made available.

Clark's family in upstate New York released a statement saying Clark was having a regular Skype chat with his wife in El Paso when she witnessed her husband's death.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1tumrJIVR

There are no words. My heart breaks for them all... but especially the wife. She wasn't even in a war zone and will possibly end up with PTSD. Gosh, what is happening in our world?

i have no words either, this poor family especially the wife to have seen it and know she couldn't do anything.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

How horrible.

God bless our troops and their loved ones.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Poor lady...to be so far away, and not able to help.
    Prayers for her and their sweet girls.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I don't get how he died. Did I miss it somewhere in the article?

Either way, how incredibly sad.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    I don't get how he died. Did I miss it somewhere in the article?

Either way, how incredibly sad.
    BBM. Curious isn't it? Evidently the Pentagon is investigating the incident. The family seems to be confused about what happened as well.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/news/fort...rough-s/nNWc2/

(snip)
    Army Capt. Bruce Clark died in Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan Monday. His wife, Susan Clark, was on Skype with him when it happened.

Fort Bliss officials said even though the death was broadcast they still don't know how it happened.

"Mrs. Clark was Skyping from the family home here in El Paso with her husband when he all of a sudden fell away from the computer keyboard and fell out of sight," Col. John Modell said.

More at link

When my Son was stationed in Iraq last year we would skype with him and this was my greatest fear. Once when we were talking the computer froze and I thought we just had a bad connection. Turns out they had been hit with a mortar bomb. Thank God no one was hurt. Everytime after that I was so afraid I would witness someones worst nightmare. I pray for this family who actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/news/fort...rough-s/nNWc2/

(snip)
    Army Capt. Bruce Clark died in Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan Monday. His wife, Susan Clark, was on Skype with him when it happened.

Fort Bliss officials said even though the death was broadcast they still don't know how it happened.

"Mrs. Clark was Skyping from the family home here in El Paso with her husband when he all of a sudden fell away from the computer keyboard and fell out of sight," Col. John Modell said.

More at link
    [bbm]

so she may not have actually seen what happened to him ... but knew something was horribly wrong

how terribly traumatic

Wife Skyping with soldier saw bullet hole
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1070&sid=202...cid=featured-2

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    My God the Skype stayed open and visible for 2 hours while the family was desperately attempting to get attentionto herhusband who had fallen out of camera view. .she could see the bullet hole in the closet in front of the screen but it took two hours before military personnel came into the room where the wife could still see full view of and they checked his pulse.. they still do do not tell the wife what was going on.. how horrible that it took two hours for them to get word for someone to check on him and he was ddead by then...

It will be interesting to find out what his body showed. Military says he died of natural causes!

Various media started reporting last night that the Army announced that the COD was natural causes. Does not sound like it to me!

The wife of a US Army captain who died while he was on Skype with her says she saw a bullet hole in the closet behind him after he collapsed.

An Army spokesman says medic Bruce Kevin Clark died of natural causes while he was serving in Afghanistan.

His wife, Susan Orellana-Clark, made a statement on Sunday saying she doubts that assessment.

'(Capt) Clark was suddenly knocked forward,' Mrs Clark said in remarks released by her brother.

'The closet behind him had a bullet hole in it. The other individuals, including a member of the military, who rushed to the home of Capt Clark's wife also saw the hole and agreed it was a bullet hole.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1u9ScaI9d

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Wife Skyping with soldier saw bullet hole
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1070&sid=202...cid=featured-2
    This story is very strange.
    If the bullet came from inside a closet and he slumped forward, how did no one hear the shot and come running?
    How would a person in a closet be able to see what he was aiming at?
    How did the wife not hear the shot while talking to her husband?

Why did the other officer spokesman Murel or whatever, say he looked suprised and slumped backward out of sight.

Why was a group of Catholic parishoners there while she was skyping.
    There is a huge time differential, what time was Clark calling his wife in Texas?
    Why were these people just hanging out, why didn't they leave politely.

Why did no one investigate gunfire or the whereabouts of Clark?
    Why was no one else waiting to use Skype to call and it just stood empty for all that time?

I doubt we hear a whole lot more about this story now that it's been referred to the Pentagon instead of A local Army hospital, as if they would have any info. Egad.

Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

(All my post are JMO)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast