AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.
Snipped: http://www.kswt.com/story/17650000/tucson-police-search-for-missing-6-year-old-girl

Previous Threads:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25
Thread #26

Scanner Threads:
Scanner Thread 1
Scanner Thread 2
REMEMBER: Anything posted in the scanner thread must stay in the scanner thread.

Full news coverage:http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Local Media:
KGUN 9 On Your Side
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/237578/missing-isabel
http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/subindex/news/local/tucson
tucson.com

Find Isabel Celis Facebook Page: Find Isabel Celis
New website for Isabel Celis: http://bringisahome.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's continue here please. And please be mindful of the social media rules. Here they are: Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Thanks!

Salem

Thank you for being so specific, Salem.

It's hard to navigate some of the rules regarding people we feel like we know but aren't named by LE or MSM. It can get murky as to who is "out" (as in MSM) and who is not!

It's one of the things I like best about WS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinkiGreen I can't quote from last thread but I sort of agree with you, but lately I have been leaning more towards the idea that prayer, in the sense of it being highly focused and concentrated positive energy towards an outcome, can actually push things in the right direction. Not sure how it works, and I am very funny about prayer, because when I hear a parent of a cancer patient or other sick child say "God answered our prayers"when their child is cured, my first reaction is to think, "and what, God just didn't feel like answering the prayers for the child in the next room that passed away?" I understand there is more to it for those of deep faith, but I can't reconcile a G-d intervening to help one child over another because of all the prayers for one and lack of prayers for the other. If she is not found safe, it is not because we didn't pray enough, in other words.
If it was my child, I would say that, too, though, I would say "search, look, be suspicious of everyone and everything, don't forget about my daughter, pray if you pray, send positive thoughts if you don't pray, just please do whatever you can to help bring her home...."

The family moving on too quickly comments make sense to me. They have three children, one of them is missing and they are dealing with that as best they can considering there isn't a book given on proper procedures when you child is missing for dummies or similar.

the boys have been thrown into a chaotic world, how do you explain to your children that they may never see their sister again? I think I would protect my children and keep their hopes alive until I could say differently.

Retuening to ballgames, school and any kind of normalacy is healthy for those children, no matter when they go back to school they are going to get the heads tilted looks and askd questions, lets get THAT horrid part over as quickly as possible - they are kids, hanging around worried parents is not healthy - hopefully they can escape this madness if only for a little while.

There are parents who, after 30 years, prefer to think their child was taken and they are living a life elsewhere rather than think their child is dead.

Comparing the Anthony's to these people is apples and oranges, there is a big difference between your own child and your grandchild.

I don't think the parents were directly involved in Isabel's disappearance, I do think dad has his own gutfeelings but has been told to keep it quiet because although the person is known to the family the police don't want them running. More a case of keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

And after reading a couple of comments I am going to now go and destroy the photos of my 2 - year -old grandson wearing makeup and ribbons in his hair (eh I was babysitting and bored and have never had a pink one - all of mine are blue) God forbid those pictures go anywhere and I be judged or remind others of Jon Benet.

One photo wearing makeup is not an indication that she was anything but a six-year-old playing with makeup.

Anything new?

Becky was saying that she's sorry they have not been in front of the camera more but that first week she just wanted to be in her room and cry. I only saw bits and pieces on HLN.

The family moving on too quickly comments make sense to me. They have three children, one of them is missing and they are dealing with that as best they can considering there isn't a book given on proper procedures when you child is missing for dummies or similar.

the boys have been thrown into a chaotic world, how do you explain to your children that they may never see their sister again? I think I would protect my children and keep their hopes alive until I could say differently.

Retuening to ballgames, school and any kind of normalacy is healthy for those children, no matter when they go back to school they are going to get the heads tilted looks and askd questions, lets get THAT horrid part over as quickly as possible - they are kids, hanging around worried parents is not healthy - hopefully they can escape this madness if only for a little while.

There are parents who, after 30 years, prefer to think their child was taken and they are living a life elsewhere rather than think their child is dead.

Comparing the Anthony's to these people is apples and oranges, there is a big difference between your own child and your grandchild.

I don't think the parents were directly involved in Isabel's disappearance, I do think dad has his own gutfeelings but has been told to keep it quiet because although the person is known to the family the police don't want them running. More a case of keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

And after reading a couple of comments I am going to now go and destroy the photos of my 2 - year -old grandson wearing makeup and ribbons in his hair (eh I was babysitting and bored and have never had a pink one - all of mine are blue) God forbid those pictures go anywhere and I be judged or remind others of Jon Benet.

One photo wearing makeup is not an indication that she was anything but a six-year-old playing with makeup.

ITA with all of this.

Becky was saying that she's sorry they have not been in front of the camera more but that first week she just wanted to be in her room and cry. I only saw bits and pieces on HLN.

I watched Sergio and Becky's media interview this afternoon. :)

Interesting, Nancy isn't covering Isa tonight either.

I doubt she will get much coverage now...not unless there is an arrest, or she is found...it has been two weeks, that seems to be as long as NG's interest holds, except of course in CA's case. JMO

Someone either carried her out and put her in a car or they carried her/forced her to walk. There were surveillance cameras near this home and traffic cameras, but LE doesn't have enough evidence to make an arrest? Is this because the person who took her was parked directly in front or directly in back of their home missing the surveillance cameras that covered the sides of their home? TIA

The parents' interview was so emotional in how they are just now able to convey their extreme heartbreak. I thought they were honest, candid and sincere. It was so touching, that even with all they are dealing with, they are so intuitive as to the well-being of their other children.

I do have a question. They said they can't discuss their polygraph results as it might harm the investigation. If they passed, what harm would it cause? Anyone know? TIA

I do have a question. They said they can't discuss their polygraph results as it might harm the investigation. If they passed, what harm would it cause? Anyone know? TIA

I wonder if LE have a suspect in mind and are trying to make sure s/he doesn't panic. If the parents went on TV and said they'd passed the polygraph, perhaps the real perpetrator might think that the focus had shifted away from the Celises and leave town/destroy evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie