GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Los Angeles police said Saturday they had no leads in the missing persons case of Gavin Smith, a 20th Century Fox executive who has been missing since Tuesday night.

A police spokeswoman told TheWrap on Saturday: "We have no updated information."

Chris Aronson, who heads distribution at Fox, told TheWrap: “We are extremely concerned for Gavin and are doing everything possible to cooperate with the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department in order to locate him.”

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is seeking information about a 20th Century Fox executive, Gavin Smith, who has been missing since Tuesday night.

Law enforcement officials issued a missing person’s bulletin for the 57-year-old movie distribution executive, who has worked at Fox for 18 years.

“The missing person, Gavin Smith, was last seen at his residence on the 500 block of Callwood Court, in Oak Park between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012,” the bulletin said.

Smith left in his 2004 Mercedes 420E (California license plate number 6EKT044) and has not been heard from since, it said. He is described by police as 6 feet 6 inches tall, 210 pounds, grey hair with blonde highlights, green eyes and a goatee.

The executive works in Fox's Calabasas office and is the branch manager for theaters in Dallas and Oklahoma City.

Snipped: http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/20th-century-fox-executive-reported-missing-tuesday-38666

Here's a picture of Gavin, but it's small.

gavin%20apb.png

More info from L.A. County Sheriff's Dept including a larger face shot:

MISSING since Tues: Gavin Smith, MW/57, 6'06",210, grey/blonde,goatee;2000 Mercedes E500,black #6EKT044, Ventura / LACounty

Updated. Sat, May 5, 1:30pm.
STILL MISSING.
Info. Updated re: residence and vehicle information.

The missing person, Gavin Smith, was last seen at his friend's residence in the Oak Park area (near Simi Valley, Ventura County) between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012. He left in the above listed vehicle and has not been heard from since.

2000 Mercedes E500 (the model number on the back of the car was changed to E500 although the car is actually a 420E)

Source LINK

Wow, this is in my neck of the woods..I hope he's ok and is found safe!!

Oh Geez - he's holding JOHN WOODEN'S hand in that picture. You gotta be well-connected to be in that picture! Hope he turns up soon.

So he was driving from Simi to ??? his own house? Where is that located? He works in Calabasas, and given his job it seems like he might live there (Calabasas is a nice area). If we knew where he was going, we could put together a map.

If he lives in Calabasas (we don't know I guess) and he was headed home, there are really only two main routes he would have traveled- maybe three. At that time of night, there isn't a lot of traffic so I don't see him trying to drive some windy backroads type of way. It is freeways most of the way.
So, I think a carjacking/robbery while he was stopped at some intersection. When I grew up sorta near that area years ago that was pretty common. Also the "follow home". But I would guess based on his level of profession, that he might live in a gate guarded community or live in a house with security cameras.

A few more details plus video at this LINK...

"My biggest concern is that he did not pick up his son, which he was supposed to pick up on Wednesday morning to take him to school, and that is a concern for me," said Tara Addeo, Smith's sister. She also says he is a responsible parent who would not abandon his family.

Smith's wife reported him missing on Wednesday. The L.A. County Sherriff's Department says they do not suspect foul play at this point.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-hollywood-exec-gavin-smith-staying-friends-night/story?id=16301889#.T6lJPVJKXYg

Interesting new facts here. Basically, Mr. Smith was staying with friends in Oak Park- not at the family home. The family has not addressed the reasons for this. Anyways, the friends were in bed/getting ready for bed and Mr. Smith just got up and left without a word to them. He left personal belongings behind. No one knows where he was going.

Was he going to visit his wife to talk? A girlfriend? Quick trip to the store? Or I hate to say it- but we all might be thinking it- suicide?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-hollywood-exec-gavin-smith-staying-friends-night/story?id=16301889#.T6lJPVJKXYg

Interesting new facts here. Basically, Mr. Smith was staying with friends in Oak Park- not at the family home. The family has not addressed the reasons for this. Anyways, the friends were in bed/getting ready for bed and Mr. Smith just got up and left without a word to them. He left personal belongings behind. No one knows where he was going.

Was he going to visit his wife to talk? A girlfriend? Quick trip to the store? Or I hate to say it- but we all might be thinking it- suicide?

The 4 inch scar on his right wrist kind of throws up a flag to a past attempt. But of course it could have been surgery as well. It would seem that he left in a hurry as he didn't say bye or collect his things. I wonder if they have looked at his phone calls...maybe he was having an argument with someone and went to talk to them in person....

According to his Sister's FB, his Last "GPS" signal was in Sylmar, CA at 430 am Wed morning (which would have been that next morning)

I just saw this for the first time on yahoo news and came to see if he was on here.
So wierd. I wonder if there is any history of a mental illness of any kind or depression or something.
Or could someone have to come to the door and he was forced to leave?
Or like someone else said....he could have been on the phone w/ someone and he left upset or worried about someone and left in a hurry but then where is he?
So strange....

According to his Sister's FB, his Last "GPS" signal was in Sylmar, CA at 430 am Wed morning (which would have been that next morning)

This is interesting and scary. He should not have been around Sylmar area. If I understand everything correctly he left the Oak Park/Agoura Hills area. His family home/work is in Calabasas, which is somewhat nearby. Sylmar is on the other side of the Valley at least 25 mi (not as the crow flies, just using the major freeways). Sylmar is not the nicest area of town. I don't mean any disrespect at all, I just mean that it is a working class area, whereas Agoura Hills and Calabasas are NICE (The kardashians live in Calabasas).
BUT, it could have pinged off the tower if he was on the 5 freeway headed somewhere else. The 5 goes right through there along with the 210.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back