Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Los Angeles, 1 May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JodyMT View Post
    I'm not crazy about every record that is public. I don't like anyone being able to go online and finding out my home address from the tax and appraisal records. Unfortunately some of us have relatives we wish to leave in the past and never find us again.
    Yeah, some LE friends have had to buy their house under a LLP or something like that to hide where they live. I have thought about that too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    Yeah, some LE friends have had to buy their house under a LLP or something like that to hide where they live. I have thought about that too.
    I kind of wish we had done the same thing. I just didn't think about it when we bought our house. Hopefully people I don't want to find me won't think to look there. LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

Looked up property records for the Creech home at the LA County Assessor's office. Oddly enough, the property records for 8620 Santa Susana Pl (as well as other nearby homes) are stored at the Assessor's North District Office located in Sylmar, CA. Link

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

It has been a long time since any real news has come out. I sure hope some news station in LA covers the Creech court date and lets the public know something.

I am really kind of surprised that photos of Gavin at the convention have not surfaced. There are usually tons of pictures taken at those events, you would think he would be in at least one of them.
    Last edited by JodyMT; 07-17-2012 at 12:12 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

IMO unless something useful concerning Gavin comes out of John Creech's hearing, I really think this is going to be a cold case. It has been nearly 3 months since he disappeared and not one useful lead that we have heard about, other than the Creech connection.

I want to hear about interviews with him and Chandrika. I want to see his cell history for the month of April. I want to hear from the friend who he was staying with.

There is just nothing coming forward in the media about him. It's frustrating.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

Today's the big day! John Creech's new sentencing hearing! I can't find the post about it ATM, but I think it was set for 8:30 PT this am? I'll look it up in a bit and post. Hopefully, media does cover it. I don't think the case is cold, but I do think LE wanted more time to investigate and hopefully find Gavin prior to filing any charges.

John's birthday was 7/22. Last I checked, he still couldn't have visitors...

Yes, it was at 8:30 so it should be starting any minute now. I am thinking it is going to be a very fast hearing. I do hope we find out something, but I doubt it since he hasn't been charged with anything related to Gavin's disappearance…that we have heard.

It really is quite unusual for nothing to come out about the Creechs. You would think the media would at least post pictures of John and Chandrika.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

They don't typically hear the case at the appt time (e.g. 8:30). Anyway, JC's lasd info has been updated:

Next Court Code: S126 Next Court Date: 08/29/2012

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

~jmo~

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    They don't typically hear the case at the appt time (e.g. 8:30). Anyway, JC's lasd info has been updated:

Next Court Code: S126 Next Court Date: 08/29/2012

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

~jmo~
    What is going on with him already? Why does this guy keep getting the delays?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

What is going on with him already? Why does this guy keep getting the delays?
    It could be any number of things, I suppose.

A friend of a friend went to court yesterday (lasd also). His next appearance is 8/6, but I know from my friend who attended that there is a specific reason in that case (awaiting an evaluation and report).

~jmo~

19. The Following User Says Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

His lawyer asked for more time.That is why.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beastman For This Useful Post:

Welcome to the forum, Beastman! Did you see that in an article, on the news...? If so, please post the link for us. Thanks!

Seems pretty unusual for an attorney to ask for more time at a sentencing hearing where the defendant has pled guilty/no contest, and for a judge to push back sentencing due to a request like that...??

ETA: found related link. Posting below.
    Last edited by Seek&Find; 07-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

Intrigue Surrounds Felon Caught Up in Probe of Missing Fox Executive

Creech's attorney sought the latest continuance in order to give Glendale Police time to respond to a demand for documents.

The nature of the documents was not revealed in open court. Judge Klein referred to a need for "confidentiality" regarding issues that had been discussed in chambers in June.
    . Link

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

According to NBC4, sheriff's search warrant affidavit and return for the Creech house have been sealed...
    link

This is the first I've seen that the search warrant return was also sealed. Logical, but I hadn't seen it before. The search warrant return is the inventory of what property was seized. Here's a copy of the CA Superior Court Return form.

Ok, here's my own, current theory. It may be completely incorrect or change over time with more info. I'll need to do some more research to determine if it's even possible.

Anyway, I'm thinking that John pled the six charges down to one, perhaps with reduced sentencing recommendations on that one, by cooperating with LE as a CI. I think LE could get some valuable info re: both drug producers and dealers, since John was their middle man.

Once LE began to suspect Creech was involved in Gavin's case, as evidenced by two sealed search warrants at the Creech home for an unspecified felony related to Gavin's disappearance, I think they want to rescind the plea deal. Idk if they want to retry him on all six charges now, or if they just want to forego any specific sentencing aspects reached in said hypothetical deal. (If they think they're successfully building another felony case against Creech related to Gavin, I don't know that that'd want to spend time retrying him on the other five charges??)

My theory is Teola wants access to any related court cases/convictions as a result of any information Creech supplied that aided LE in successful apprehension and prosecution of others to try to hold the prosecution to the original deal.

I'm thinking the sealed docs and judge's reference to "confidentiality" relates to everyone wanting to keep John's role as an informant under wraps, as well as LE not wanting to show their hand yet re: what they have in Gavin's case.

Just my

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

I think it'd be awesome if any of John's nefarious connections have any knowledge re: his potential involvement in Gavin's disappearance, and they realize he's rolled, they give up that info and/or Gavin's location.

Hoping his family has answers soon.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

It also doesn't look good if LE was using someone as an informant who then commits crimes while doing so. Not that that would be LE's fault.

We had a man here in CO who was working with LE while also committing several murders. http://scottleekimball.com/

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Libralove For This Useful Post:

This may turn out not to be about Gavin at all.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

I wonder about these therapy sessions. I think we have all heard how group therapy sessions can sometimes end up being places where things actually get worse...for example: sex addicts meet new sex partners, drug addicts find new friends to hook them up, etc.

Has anyone thought about the fact they Gavin maybe have been cheating on his wife with other women besides Chandrika? <modsnip>? John Creech has a recurring past but none of us can say that he's involved in this case besides his soon to be exwife.
    Last edited by Salem; 07-28-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Please add links for new facts in the case. Thanks!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Beastman For This Useful Post:

This may turn out not to be about Gavin at all.
    Well, we know the two Creech home search warrants, confiscated vehicle, etc are related to Gavin's disappearance per LE's statements. There's a possibility the sentencing delays are not, but why else would sentencing be delayed twice when the defendant pleaded guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Attention Please!

I have had to delete some posts. If you're missing a post, it was removed for TOS violation or 'inside information' from a NON-verified poster.

If you have any questions, please take time to review our "Rules" forum. This includes TOS and "Etiquette" for posting and Best Practices for dealing with your fellow posters.

Rules:
    The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is also a thread explaining how to be verified as an 'professional' or 'insider.' This is strictly voluntary and extremely easy and any of your personal information is held in strict confidence. However, please be aware that if you have inside information, if you're not verified, you may not post this information unless it can be linked to on the www, from a reputable and allowed link, ie LE, MSM, or other sites that are allowed to be linked in the pages of Websleuths.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by pm, or any of the other moderators.
    Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Just to clarify a bit...

Rumors are not allowed. If you state something as fact please provide a link to back up what you are saying. Acceptable links are from main stream media and law enforcement as well as the family.

You can disagree with a post, you can not attack a member for their opinion. If you feel something is against our terms of service please alert by clicking on the triangle in the top right corner.

If you have questions you can pm me or any mod we are all happy to help!

If someone asked for a link the nice thing to do is provide it.

Thank you

Ima
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek&Find View Post
    Hey, Salem. The search warrants have not been released. So, restricted speculation/sleuthing of CC related solely to info in articles, ie not as broad as John, right? Lotsa newbies here, so clarifying to save you work later, and I haven't seen limited sleuthing before, so...?
    Yes - that sums it up. Restricted sleuthing is not uncommon around here. It needs to be confined to what is released in MSM (or HuffPo in this case), whatever is in LE docs that is released to the public, and there can be speculation based on the fact that she was the last person to see him, if that is the case.

Hope that helps,

Salem

ETA: IF she was not the last person to see him - there can be no speculation about that without a link. DOING background checks, posting any arrests, etc. IS OFF LIMITS. RAIDING FACEBOOK OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA IS OFF LIMITS. Basically - you may speculate and discuss what is in the articles. So there is not a lot of room here, but there is some.
    Hi 2rose and WELCOME!

You can find the rules right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

As a reminder - sleuthing noncase players is against the rules. Cut and paste from social media sites is against the rules and posting the names and addresses of innocent people is against the rules.

Hope that helps. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to pm me or any other mod and we will give you a hand.

Thanks!

Salem
    Hi Peeps!

I'm bumping one of Kimster's previous posts. If you do have inside information and would like to talk about it, please follow the instructions for becoming verified at the link.

Thanks!

Salem
    Sorry peeps, no rumors allowed.

If an insider wants to get verified and explain their source confidentially, they can email wsverify@xmission.com
    Per Kimster, one of our admins here

Bumping a few helpful mod posts with rules, TOS, and links for those new to the thread and WS.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Seek&Find View Post
    Well, we know the two Creech home search warrants, confiscated vehicle, etc are related to Gavin's disappearance per LE's statements. There's a possibility the sentencing delays are not, but why else would sentencing be delayed twice when the defendant pleaded guilty?
    I don't know. Defense attorneys are notorious for delaying everything. If Creech's attorney is trying to get him a better sentence, then perhaps the delay has something to do with Gavin that he thinks might help him, or the attorney is just looking at his former arrest records to see if there is anything in there that could help him, like he stated on TV.

I am just not getting a vibe like this has anything to do with Gavin…I hope I am wrong.

The attorney said he was looking at Creech's former arrest records on TV?

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast