Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Well, once again I will say, it just baffles me how the urgency seems to have left the family where finding Gavin is concerned. Evan didn't even say Happy Father's Day to him on his twitter page. The sister hasn't said much on her Facebook. No updates on the FindGavin.com website…and never has been any.

Strange behavior. Evan just seems angry at Gavin in his cryptic posts.

So the fact that HuffPost didn't site JC as convicted of the charges he was arrested on in 2010 and wrote, "Creech was back in jail Thursday evening, arrested on a warrant issued in 2010.", means they cannot be believed on anything else as well?

Seems like HuffPost could sure use your help, Seek and Find, to tighten up their facts a bit.

Anyone here watch Dayle Hinman, the long-time criminal profiler on "Body of Evidence"? In the show I stumbled on the other night, she stated that it is rare for a drug dealer to also commit a murder himself. She always wants to find someone connected to the case with a history of violence or violent behavior. Has anyone here done a background check on the owner of LE searched home?

Quote Originally Posted by 2rose View Post
    <snipped>

Gavin is on the crimestoppers missing list at ... http://lacrimestoppers.com/missing.aspx

This next site would seem to indicate that John Lenzie CREECH
    has previously had residences in Indiana & Ohio ...
    http://publicrecords.onlinesearches....LosAngeles.htm

I don't know how to do links so am just posting the web addresses. For the past week I kept going to the older webpage here thinking it would show me the latest entries & I was wondering why no body was posting any more ... so I am still getting accustomed to this website.
    I'm working on the Page 8 links for the media thread.

Thanks for the info, 2rose! Got the missing poster to work, sort of.

Missing As Of: 05/01/2012
    Last Known Location
    Oak Park

Name: SMITH, GAVIN
    Nickname:
    Sex: Male Race: Caucasian
    Height: 6ft 6in Weight: 210 lbs
    Hair: Gray Eyes: Green
    Case: 012-02470-2254-400
    Other ID: Approx 5" scar on calf, Approx 4" scar on inner right wrist. Last seen wearing purple pants, and black and grey shoes.

MISSING PERSON

Vehicle: 2000 Mercedes 420E, black, has padded storage racks on roof, tinted windows, model numbers on vehicle changed to E500, California License #6EKT044.

Detectives from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department are seeking the public’s assistance in locating the above missing person.

The missing person, Gavin Smith, was last seen at a friend’s residence in the Oak Park area between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 05/01/12. He left in the above listed vehicle and has not been heard from since.

His family is very concerned and is also asking for the public’s assistance.

Any information, please contact the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau, Missing Person’s Detail.

Attention: DETECTIVE T. ABRAHAM or DETECTIVE C. CARNS File Number 012-02470-2254-400 Phone (323) 890-5500 Fax (323) 887-1160 L.A.S.D. Homicide Bureau, 5747 Rickenbacker Road, Commerce 90040

Help find SMITH, GAVIN

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Libralove View Post
    Okay, now I'm really confused. I could not find the article that said LE MAY BE more interested in HER than in him, but YOU found it. Yes, I stumbled across it while adding links to the media thread and was trying to help.

Then you said that I was posting rumors. Please point to that statement in my post. The author of that piece and myself are of the opinion that LE is more interested in HER. The posts Salem had to edit both said LE had said they were. They have not. PM Salem for clarification. Just because she lives with a drug dealer, does not mean that she is off the hook of their POIs. Authorities have specifically stated they were looking for Johnny. They have made no such statement regarding CC. Mods decide who is sleuthable within guidelines. I'll bump Salem's post. If you disagree with Salem's determination, PM her. She owns the house they searched and the car is purported to be the only car the family has.

It has been said that LE believes that a felony was committed in that house and the house in is CW's name. Her married name is CC. The home is the residence of both.So only the 'other occupant' JC, a convicted drug dealer, can be 'sleuthed' and not CW, the owner of the searched house?Again, if you don't understand the rules, PM a mod.
    My comments in Blue

Quote Originally Posted by JodyMT View Post
    Well, once again I will say, it just baffles me how the urgency seems to have left the family where finding Gavin is concerned. Evan didn't even say Happy Father's Day to him on his twitter page. The sister hasn't said much on her Facebook. No updates on the FindGavin.com website…and never has been any.

Strange behavior. Evan just seems angry at Gavin in his cryptic posts.
    Not strange in my mind. First off, there appears to be only two possibilities.

He just walked away to start a new life somewhere without any notice or good-bye OR it seems he may have gone out and gotten killed in a love triangle and/or drug deal after moving out of the family home as his son reported. Why wouldn't they be angry? Sad, but also very angry, IMO.

Evan tweeted recently, "Your just somebody that I used to know." And we can only guess who he was addressing in that tweet. If I were his wife, I would be livid with anger, but also very heart-sick and devastated. One emotion does not negate the other.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libralove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    If he has been named by LE and they are obtaining and executing search warrants, he is fair game. Not his mother, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, etc. But you bet you can sleuth him.

Go Sleuths!

Salem
    Bumping & BBM

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

Okay, Seek and Find, I'll just wait until an arrest is made or Gavin is found to make further comments. Thanks for the clarification.

Okay, now I'm really confused. I could not find the article that said LE MAY BE more interested in HER than in him, but YOU found it.

Then you said that I was posting rumors. The author of that piece and myself are of the opinion that LE is more interested in HER. Just because she lives with a drug dealer, does not mean that she is off the hook of their POIs. She owns the house they searched and the car is purported to be the only car the family has.

It has been said that LE believes that a felony was committed in that house and the house in is CW's name. So only the 'other occupant' JC, a convicted drug dealer, can be 'sleuthed' and not CW, the owner of the searched house?
    Hey Everybody! Interesting case, huh?

I've read the HuffPo article. HuffPo is not MSM, but it is allowed at WS and may be linked to back up your thoughts and speculation.

Any sleuthing of CW should be contained to the info in the article and whatever was obtained from the search warrants. Have the search warrants been released to the public yet?

Please also note - it was NOT LE that said they were more interested in CW, it was the author's opinion. So that may or may not be true. However, because LE has executed a search warrant at her house, some speculation/sleuthing would be allowed. Just keep it respectful, okay?

Thanks!

Salem

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

So the fact that HuffPost didn't site JC as convicted of the charges he was arrested on in 2010 and wrote, "Creech was back in jail Thursday evening, arrested on a warrant issued in 2010.", means they cannot be believed on anything else as well? Logic error here. My post did not say, due to that error in this piece, they cannot be believed on anything else as well. I did say their accuracy is often considered dubious. Google Huffington Post and accuracy for more info. That said, it can be posted here. If you had searched this site, you'd have seen discussions about one of their contributors', CH's, inaccuracies, for example. Link. That said, I posted the link to help you, with that qualification added. The inaccuracy about Creech's detention does call this piece into question though.

Seems like HuffPost could sure use your help, Seek and Find, to tighten up their facts a bit.

Anyone here watch Dayle Hinman, the long-time criminal profiler on "Body of Evidence"? In the show I stumbled on the other night, she stated that it is rare for a drug dealer to also commit a murder himself. She always wants to find someone connected to the case with a history of violence or violent behavior. Has anyone here done a background check on the owner of LE searched home?No, because CC has not been named by LE or ok'd by a mod for sleuthing.
    My comments in Blue.

ETA: ok, NOW a mod has ok'd limited sleuthing of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Hey Everybody! Interesting case, huh?

I've read the HuffPo article. HuffPo is not MSM, but it is allowed at WS and may be linked to back up your thoughts and speculation.

Any sleuthing of CW should be contained to the info in the article and whatever was obtained from the search warrants. Have the search warrants been released to the public yet?

Please also note - it was NOT LE that said they were more interested in CW, it was the author's opinion. So that may or may not be true. However, because LE has executed a search warrant at her house, some speculation/sleuthing would be allowed. Just keep it respectful, okay?

Thanks!

Salem
    Hey, Salem. The search warrants have not been released. So, restricted speculation/sleuthing of CC related solely to info in articles, ie not as broad as John, right? Lotsa newbies here, so clarifying to save you work later, and I haven't seen limited sleuthing before, so...?
    Last edited by Seek&Find; 07-05-2012 at 03:40 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

Okay, Seek and Find, I'll just wait until an arrest is made or Gavin is found to make further comments. Thanks for the clarification.
    No need to stop commenting...?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

<modsnip> She owns the house LE think a felony may have been committed in, AND she had an affair with the man who went missing.

<modsnip>

Look at it this way, how many times have you gone out to the grocery at midnight and come back to find your hubby killed someone in your house?
    Last edited by Libralove; 07-05-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: DO NOT call other posters out and do NOT discuss moderation in the threads. You are welcome to send a pm to any mod.

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    So after all the media hoopla a few days ago, it looks like there are no new updates. I was hoping Johnny Creech would talk and there would be some clue at to his relationship with Gavin Smith.

Bump
    He did say a couple things:

When asked Thursday [June 21] why his home was searched earlier this month, John Creech said: "I would love to tell you but I can't. I am told I cannot make any comments."
    He added that he has "never met" Smith.

John Creech made the statements to Times reporters at Los Angeles County Superior Court, where he was scheduled to be sentenced on a single count of selling and transporting drugs. Instead, Judge Clifford Klein ordered that Creech remain in custody without bail pending a new sentencing date of July 26.
    BBM. Curious...wonder who told him that? If it was his attorney, I'd think he'd say "I've been advised not too make any comments." Could be his attorney. Could LE or the judge have said something/issued a gag order?? The search warrant is sealed...? I'd think he said this prior to seeing the judge, but IDK. Wonder what he'd "love to tell".

The cover pages of a sealed search warrant affidavit that referenced the address of the home, signed by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge on May 21, said detectives had probable cause that an unspecified felony had been committed at the residence.
    link

Quote Originally Posted by 2rose View Post
    Summary of latest info ...

John Lenzie CREECH was born in in Ohio. He also lived in 3 northern Indiana counties.

Creech was previously married in Indiana to a TW.
    He later married CW (different maiden surnames). I think he & CW are both on their second marriage.

<snipped>
    Thanks, 2rose! I hadn't seen this info in any articles. Is there a link? Did you get this info from a paid site?

I'm curious, as I'm interested in the date John & Chandrika married. So, before her marriage to John, her name was Chandrika Winata, as listed in the first articles about the search warrant, right? Married name, Chandrika Creech as listed in later articles.

<snipped>

So two possible scenarios: #1 -- Johnny gets in a fight with Chandie. She calls Gavin to come help her with him. He intercedes and Johnny kills Gavin. Chandie's too afraid to be killed herself, so she helps Johnny hide the body and the evidence. If this is the scenario, then the LE would have found forensic evidence of the murder at the house, and they've got Johnny in custody, so now they're just allowing Chandie to make arrangements for the 2 kids before picking her up as well.
    If CC was unwillingly involved, but kept quiet out of fear or due to threats, she may be cooperating with LE now, so no pick up or charges.

Or, if she was a co-conspirator or the perpetrator (with the info we have to date, I can't imagine why she would be either, but if...), she may say nothing to LE.

If my spouse was suspected of involvement in a disappearance, I know I'd tell LE anything they wanted to know and either get him out of the house ASAP, or stay elsewhere myself, especially with kids involved. Scary!

Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast