Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
    As an aside re: public records access, years ago as part of my job, I'd take the list of license plates with parking offenses in our HS parking lot down to the county bldg. They had a computer set up so people could input a plate # and get the owner's name & address. At the time, we thought it was great for sending fine letters and holding students & others accountable. Now, the idea that anyone could've spotted someone in their car & gone in to get their home address is pretty scary, IMO.

It helps our sleuthing that some states have more online/available records than others, but it's a fine balance to try to maintain, IMO.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

I'm not crazy about every record that is public. I don't like anyone being able to go online and finding out my home address from the tax and appraisal records. Unfortunately some of us have relatives we wish to leave in the past and never find us again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JodyMT View Post
    I'm not crazy about every record that is public. I don't like anyone being able to go online and finding out my home address from the tax and appraisal records. Unfortunately some of us have relatives we wish to leave in the past and never find us again.
    Same boat here. Estranged with due cause and desire for safety. That may be what drives some of us here to champion for others.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Seek&Find View Post
    Same boat here. Estranged with due cause and desire for safety. That may be what drives some of us here to champion for others.
    Yep, that is why I am not on Facebook.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

Yep, that is why I am not on Facebook.
    Ditto.

If you haven't been in the Jury Room yet, lots of overcoming stories and support in there.

Praying for Gavin & his family.

Yeah, some LE friends have had to buy their house under a LLP or something like that to hide where they live. I have thought about that too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    Yeah, some LE friends have had to buy their house under a LLP or something like that to hide where they live. I have thought about that too.
    I kind of wish we had done the same thing. I just didn't think about it when we bought our house. Hopefully people I don't want to find me won't think to look there. LOL

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

Looked up property records for the Creech home at the LA County Assessor's office. Oddly enough, the property records for 8620 Santa Susana Pl (as well as other nearby homes) are stored at the Assessor's North District Office located in Sylmar, CA. Link

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

It has been a long time since any real news has come out. I sure hope some news station in LA covers the Creech court date and lets the public know something.

I am really kind of surprised that photos of Gavin at the convention have not surfaced. There are usually tons of pictures taken at those events, you would think he would be in at least one of them.
    Last edited by JodyMT; 07-17-2012 at 12:12 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

IMO unless something useful concerning Gavin comes out of John Creech's hearing, I really think this is going to be a cold case. It has been nearly 3 months since he disappeared and not one useful lead that we have heard about, other than the Creech connection.

I want to hear about interviews with him and Chandrika. I want to see his cell history for the month of April. I want to hear from the friend who he was staying with.

There is just nothing coming forward in the media about him. It's frustrating.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

Today's the big day! John Creech's new sentencing hearing! I can't find the post about it ATM, but I think it was set for 8:30 PT this am? I'll look it up in a bit and post. Hopefully, media does cover it. I don't think the case is cold, but I do think LE wanted more time to investigate and hopefully find Gavin prior to filing any charges.

John's birthday was 7/22. Last I checked, he still couldn't have visitors...

Yes, it was at 8:30 so it should be starting any minute now. I am thinking it is going to be a very fast hearing. I do hope we find out something, but I doubt it since he hasn't been charged with anything related to Gavin's disappearance…that we have heard.

It really is quite unusual for nothing to come out about the Creechs. You would think the media would at least post pictures of John and Chandrika.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

They don't typically hear the case at the appt time (e.g. 8:30). Anyway, JC's lasd info has been updated:

Next Court Code: S126 Next Court Date: 08/29/2012

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

~jmo~

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    They don't typically hear the case at the appt time (e.g. 8:30). Anyway, JC's lasd info has been updated:

Next Court Code: S126 Next Court Date: 08/29/2012

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

~jmo~
    What is going on with him already? Why does this guy keep getting the delays?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

What is going on with him already? Why does this guy keep getting the delays?
    It could be any number of things, I suppose.

A friend of a friend went to court yesterday (lasd also). His next appearance is 8/6, but I know from my friend who attended that there is a specific reason in that case (awaiting an evaluation and report).

~jmo~

28. The Following User Says Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast