Eta Aquarid Meteor Showers May 5-6

You may not see as many due to the brightness of the Super Moon, but insomniacs like me may be interested anyway. Especially those in the Southern half of the US.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/earthskys-meteor-shower-guide

lol, i just saw your post on the super moon, and was going to google to find the meteor shower. i just went outside and the moon is still beaming brightly....i'm guessing no meteors for me tonight.

back when Haley's comet came through in 1986, i was so lucky to go with some people out into the middle of Nowhere, Texas, and we saw and took pics of it. amazing!

and when the kids were here, i was always dragging them out in the middle of the night with sleeping bags to watch the meteor showers. ahhh good times.

Haha I drag my kids out too, luckily my daughter loves it but my son is interested for 2 minutes. I'm still going to try to see any meteors though-next one isn't until July.

I also get up around 4:30 AM sometimes because that's when I see the hummingbirds-but they won't be here for a while. Good thing I don't worry about what the neighbors think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back