937 users online (180 members and 757 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Family feud reveals luxuries at largest Christian TV network

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. — For 39 years, the Trinity Broadcasting Network has urged viewers to give generously and reap the Lord’s bounty in return.

The prosperity gospel preached by Paul and Janice Crouch, who built a single station into the world’s largest Christian television network, has worked out well for them.

Mr. and Mrs. Crouch have his-and-her mansions one street apart in a gated community here, provided by the network using viewer donations and tax-free earnings. But Mrs. Crouch, 74, rarely sleeps in the $5.6 million house with tennis court and pool. She mostly lives in a large company house near Orlando, Fla., where she runs a side business, the Holy Land Experience theme park. Mr. Crouch, 78, has an adjacent home there too, but rarely visits. Its occupant is often a security guard who doubles as Mrs. Crouch’s chauffeur.

More at link:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47307792...ew_york_times/
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

i will never understand why people throw their money at millionaires.

i know a dear old lady who sends nearly all her retirement money to these awful people, or people just like them. then she lives on beans and rice till the next month, and all over again. makes me so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    i will never understand why people throw their money at millionaires.

i know a dear old lady who sends nearly all her retirement money to these awful people, or people just like them. then she lives on beans and rice till the next month, and all over again. makes me so sad.
    maybe show her this story?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    maybe show her this story?
    her kids and grandkids have been trying to make her see reason, but it doesnt do any good. they end up making sure she doesnt starve in the dark. when the bakker thing was in the news they really tried hard but unless they prove her crazy or something their hands are tied.

I know some couples come to prefer the comfort of separate beds or separate bedrooms.

But what kind of marriage requires separate mansions?

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. — For 39 years, the Trinity Broadcasting Network has urged viewers to give generously and reap the Lord’s bounty in return.

The prosperity gospel preached by Paul and Janice Crouch, who built a single station into the world’s largest Christian television network, has worked out well for them.

Mr. and Mrs. Crouch have his-and-her mansions one street apart in a gated community here, provided by the network using viewer donations and tax-free earnings. But Mrs. Crouch, 74, rarely sleeps in the $5.6 million house with tennis court and pool. She mostly lives in a large company house near Orlando, Fla., where she runs a side business, the Holy Land Experience theme park. Mr. Crouch, 78, has an adjacent home there too, but rarely visits. Its occupant is often a security guard who doubles as Mrs. Crouch’s chauffeur.

Looks like the Crouchs reaped all that bounty.

I have bad words for people like that so I'll just and move on.

:mutters under my breath on the way out:

More at link:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47307792...ew_york_times/
    oops i messed up here and can't fix it on this puter yet. more to learn.
    mod help requested.

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.