bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

The Rules (please make sure you know the rules),

REMEMBER: No cutting and pasting of comments from other social or media websites. You may paraphrase and provide a link.

The only social media sites allowed are those belonging to the victim and any named (by law enforcement) POI or Suspect, or site created and devoted to the search Allison.

Salem

ETA: Media/Timeline Reference Thread: AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

What i would like to know is how the person on that other site knows so much more than anyone else.

To clarify, you can cut and paste up to 10% of any news report. The only part we don't cut and paste are the comments written from readers on the site. Instead, you can write "Look at comment #5" with a link.

The 10% rule is due to copyright violations and the comment rule is so that it doesn't look like a rumor started on Websleuths. While we are aware that sometimes rumors prove true and that they are out there, we want to be known to be more fact-based here while at the same time having the freedom to speculate and find clues.

That's very true lol. But i'm trying to work out how he seems to be the only one that knows anything. I haven't even seen anything where the police have confirmed a suspect. And as for the suspect not being allowed to go to the funeral i wonder where he got all his information from (before anyone else) possibly including family not being informed first

That's very true lol. But i'm trying to work out how he seems to be the only one that knows anything. I haven't even seen anything where the police have confirmed a suspect. And as for the suspect not being allowed to go to the funeral i wonder where he got all his information from (before anyone else) possibly including family not being informed first

I haven't seen it either Angel! BTW If someone can point me in the direction of the "female ex-colleague" - via PM of course - I would appreciate it. I promise not to disclose any names :)

Maybe he is just thinking the "suspect" will be in cuffs by then and of course not allowed out.

I haven't seen it either Angel! BTW If someone can point me in the direction of the "female ex-colleague" - via PM of course - I would appreciate it. I promise not to disclose any names :)

Sorry i can't help you with that one as i didn't see where the name was mentioned even though it was on here

What i would like to know is how the person on that other site knows so much more than anyone else.

There's a very simple explanation for that. He doesn't. And now this forum is dragging in quotes from 'experts' who don't have a clue about what actually happened. Have you read the guy's profile, and plea for money to support a site (that must cost 5 bucks a month to run)? What about that site says anything other than "too much time on my hands"?

Now this discussion has moved onto it's 4th thread, and at each changeover the theories seem to grow in strangeness, or get completly disonnected from past facts, I'm going to call it quits.

Some of the ideas being mentioned seem to be like "Dennis The Menace Does CSI" and now we're linking to a 'criminal blog' run by someone with no credentials whatsoever as a 'source', I can see the forum going down even darker alleys.

People incorrectly name the alleged mistress, risking destroying an innocent person's career, and others keep asking who she is - when she isn't even relevant to the murder investigation. If it looks and quacks like a duck, that's what it is - inexcusable petty gossip.

RIP Allison. Very sad. I'm sure you didn't want to be remembered like this.

[LOL this thread is impossible to keep up with! I've been reading through and replying to new stuff for hours and it's still pages ahead of me. So apologies if I repeat/reply to something that's already been addressed.]

>>Possumheart wrote (re possible hospitalisation in prev thread)
>>Info is here: http://www.australianmissingpersonsr...Baden-Clay.htm

Thanks a lot for that Possumheart

So going to the original source from there
(http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ter-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867)

says:
THE husband of missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay is recovering from a car accident which occurred just two days after his wife was reported missing.
Gerard Baden-Clay was taken to Royal Brisbane Hospital after crashing his car outside Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, in Brisbane’s west on Sunday afternoon.
Mr Baden-Clay suffered very minor injuries after crashing into the bus terminal at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre.
It’s understood he was wearing a seatbelt when the single vehicle accident occurred on the corner of Musgrave and Station roads.
His injuries are unknown and he has since left hospital.
Inspector Mark Laing confirmed Mr Baden-Clay did have a traffic accident and had been taken to hospital.

and SMH says:

"Mr Baden-Clay was involved in a single-vehicle accident two days after his wife disappeared. Asked about the accident, which resulted in a brief trip to hospital, Mr Baden-Clay answered a Channel Nine reporter almost bashfully.

''I was hurt a little bit, but I'm OK,'' he said, dipping his head ever so slightly.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/frie...e-done-more-20120504-1y489.html#ixzz1u6Ls8vc7

The same story is repeated on numerous news sites.

There's only one ref for "Mr Baden-Clay is in hospital after reportedly suffering a breakdown." as a single isolated line in one news.com.au article (http://m.news.com.au/QLD/pg/0/fi1172405.htm) without any other detail, so I think I"ll just put that down to sloppy reporting in the absence of any other evidence. (and actually that page doesn't seem to be linked to the paper itself)

Can't find anything stating he stayed in hospital overnight - "brief trip to hospital" after a minor car crash would commonly be a matter of examination for any significant injuries if someone was reporting pain after the crash. (checking for broken ribs, cracked sternum, neck injury, etc depending where the pain was being reported.)

So I think the psych story is just rumour.

Now this discussion has moved onto it's 4th thread, and at each changeover the theories seem to grow in strangeness, or get completly disonnected from past facts, I'm going to call it quits.

Some of the ideas being mentioned seem to be like "Dennis The Menace Does CSI" and now we're linking to a 'criminal blog' run by someone with no credentials whatsoever as a 'source', I can see the forum going down even darker alleys.

People incorrectly name the alleged mistress, risking destroying an innocent person's career, and others keep asking who she is - when she isn't even relevant to the murder investigation. If it looks and quacks like a duck, that's what it is - inexcusable petty gossip.

RIP Allison. Very sad. I'm sure you didn't want to be remembered like this.

Are you saying the former colleague and the alleged mistress are one and the same?

Neuromantic:
Aha! I see it must have been embellished. I still see a grain of truth in the embellishment perhaps though.
I am having much trouble with my phone so sorry

If nothing else I am learning about dodgy journalism : )

Maybe - what you describe is possilbe but a couple of things I'd think unlikely is the physicality from her unless she was actually fighting for her life. Although it hasnt been verified, a couple of people early on said he had scratches and large bruises to his chest and that one of the bruises was like he had been kicked in the chest. As I said this isnt verified but the profile of Allison doesnt sound like she would retaliate if he was being rough with her. it's not impossilbe though.
_________

Allison was a ballerina (5 years in Qld Youth Ballet).

If her life was threatened she would have kicked like a mule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail