792 users online (108 members and 684 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KY - Adan Fabian Perez, 48, Churchill Downs, Louisville, 6 May 2012

From the same link above: "About a week after the Kentucky Derby last year, jockey Michael Baze's body was found in a vehicle near the stables at the famed Louisville track."

Tweeted four minutes ago:
    The Associated Press ‏ @AP
    Police say body found at Kentucky Derby track is considered a homicide, no apparent connection to the race

With so many people there it does not surprise me especially when booze and money are combined. I am not saying that is the case. I watched it yesterday.

The morning after the 138th Kentucky Derby race at Churchill Downs, the body of a Hispanic man was found in a barn at the track and police say they suspect foul play was involved in his death.

A track security officier found the body in barn No. 8 shortly before 5 a.m. and called police, Louisville police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley said.

There was no identification on the body, and investigators are unsure of the man’s age, Smiley said.

Smiley declined to descibe any wounds or the overall condition of the body. She said the it was not in a horse stall, but she wouldn’t say any more about where it was found.

She said there was no sign of a struggle. An autopsy will be done tomorrow, she said.
    http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...news|text|Home (video at link)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    From the same link above: "About a week after the Kentucky Derby last year, jockey Michael Baze's body was found in a vehicle near the stables at the famed Louisville track."

Jockeys have to keep weight down to a very low number, so that doesn't usually go with having the healthiest lifestyle.
    Just my opinion

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    May 6, 2012 at 11:47 am

Police: Body found at Kentucky Derby track
    By Associated Press

Louisville, Ky. Police say they are investigating a body found in the stable area of Churchill Downs the morning after the Kentucky Derby as a homicide. But there is no connection to Kentucky Derby winner I'll Have Another...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz1u6uDtnEw

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    May 6, 2012 at 11:47 am

Police: Body found at Kentucky Derby track
    By Associated Press

Louisville, Ky. Police say they are investigating a body found in the stable area of Churchill Downs the morning after the Kentucky Derby as a homicide. But there is no connection to Kentucky Derby winner I'll Have Another...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz1u6uDtnEw
    BBM

I'd think the murder would have more to do with a losing horse. JMO

Sounds like something out of CSI.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

I think I have been a member of Ws too long....possibilities are whirling in my brain! Side bets anyone?
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...sectionstories

Ive got one groom whos missing, but I dont know exactly where hes at, said Borel, brother of three-time Derby winning jockey Calvin Borel.
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

No matter what happened I am 99% sure that money was somehow involved
    If not, then this would definitely be a great L&O plot line because it would be an unexpected twist!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hmmmmmm no idea. I suppose if he got kicked by one of the TB's they would have said.

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    No matter what happened I am 99% sure that money was somehow involved
    If not, then this would definitely be a great L&O plot line because it would be an unexpected twist!
    That's what I am thinking too. Money.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast