KY KY - Adan Perez, 48, Louisville, 6 May 2012

From the same link above: "About a week after the Kentucky Derby last year, jockey Michael Baze's body was found in a vehicle near the stables at the famed Louisville track."

:eek:

Tweeted four minutes ago:
The Associated Press ‏ @AP
Police say body found at Kentucky Derby track is considered a homicide, no apparent connection to the race

With so many people there it does not surprise me especially when booze and money are combined. I am not saying that is the case. I watched it yesterday.

The morning after the 138th Kentucky Derby race at Churchill Downs, the body of a Hispanic man was found in a barn at the track and police say they suspect foul play was involved in his death.

A track security officier found the body in barn No. 8 shortly before 5 a.m. and called police, Louisville police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley said.

There was no identification on the body, and investigators are unsure of the man’s age, Smiley said.

Smiley declined to descibe any wounds or the overall condition of the body. She said the it was not in a horse stall, but she wouldn’t say any more about where it was found.

She said there was no sign of a struggle. An autopsy will be done tomorrow, she said.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...spect-foul-play?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home (video at link)

From the same link above: "About a week after the Kentucky Derby last year, jockey Michael Baze's body was found in a vehicle near the stables at the famed Louisville track."

:eek:

Jockeys have to keep weight down to a very low number, so that doesn't usually go with having the healthiest lifestyle.

May 6, 2012 at 11:47 am

Police: Body found at Kentucky Derby track
By Associated Press

Louisville, Ky.— Police say they are investigating a body found in the stable area of Churchill Downs the morning after the Kentucky Derby as a homicide. But there is no connection to Kentucky Derby winner I'll Have Another...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120506/NATION/205060319#ixzz1u6uDtnEw

May 6, 2012 at 11:47 am

Police: Body found at Kentucky Derby track
By Associated Press

Louisville, Ky.— Police say they are investigating a body found in the stable area of Churchill Downs the morning after the Kentucky Derby as a homicide. But there is no connection to Kentucky Derby winner I'll Have Another...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120506/NATION/205060319#ixzz1u6uDtnEw

BBM

I'd think the murder would have more to do with a losing horse. JMO

Sounds like something out of CSI.

I think I have been a member of Ws too long....possibilities are whirling in my brain! Side bets anyone?

No matter what happened I am 99% sure that money was somehow involved :sigh:
If not, then this would definitely be a great L&O plot line because it would be an unexpected twist!

Hmmmmmm no idea. I suppose if he got kicked by one of the TB's they would have said.

No matter what happened I am 99% sure that money was somehow involved :sigh:
If not, then this would definitely be a great L&O plot line because it would be an unexpected twist!

That's what I am thinking too. Money.

Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the horse mafia. If it was the horse mafia they would have put his head in a horses bed.

"Step aside, everyone. One of my grandfathers was a jockey. I'm here to solve this caper."

I wish. Well, that I could solve it that is; my grandfather really was a jockey l-o-n-g a-g-o.

http://thoroughbredconfidential.com/churchill-downs-barnbackside-map/

map of Churchill Downs. It's been 20 years since I lived in Louisville. I moved away from the area immediately surrounding Churchill Downs 26 years ago to another part of Louisville. But I did grow up in the neighborhood that is adjacent to the backside IIRC. (South of Longfield Ave).

I'm sure it has changed over the past 20 or so years. But that is how I remember it.

Also, I'm not sure if it has changed but the backside is still only known pretty much to the locals. You could walk into gate 8 at any time and see the horses being walked. Take pictures, whatever you want to do. It's not a locked down facility like most would imagine. In fact, as a local I never went to the Derby. A great many locals prefer to go to the Oaks which is the day before Derby. It's not uncommon to go have a look at the horses. Then place your bet. Just my recollections.

He could have been murdered for any reason by any number of people. JMHO at this point in time.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-05-06/churchill-downs-death/54785102/1

Police believe the man was murdered, but a cause and manner of death won't be known until Monday at the earliest.

The man was identified as 48-year-old Adan Fabian Perez, a native of Guatemala. He was a groom at the track. His body was discovered in barn No. 8 by a track security officer shortly before 5 a.m. ET, said Alicia Smiley, a Louisville Metro Police spokeswoman

They sure are keeping this one under wraps. Maybe that means they know who did it and don't want to give it away to the killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back