Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The cries for help

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...n-died/1223083

One man interviewed by a local Fox news station, who asked to be identified only as John, said he saw the man wearing a red jacket — Zimmerman — on the ground, being beaten by someone on top of him — Trayvon.

"The guy on the bottom, who I believe had a red sweater on, was yelling to me 'Help, help,' and I told him to stop and I was calling 911. I got upstairs and looked down. The person that was on top beating up the other guy was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," he said.

bbm I would say that john saw and not believed.jmo Not a guessing game in my opinion.
    I don't believe the yelling for help was the same as the screeching sound we heard on the 911 tapes seconds before the gunshot. The boy believes the screaming came from TM. At some point they both could have been yelling for help which could indicate that both felt they were being attacked by an aggressor. But only one is screaming. SA was fortunate to have their timelines right there on the 911 tapes. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...n-died/1223083

One man interviewed by a local Fox news station, who asked to be identified only as John, said he saw the man wearing a red jacket — Zimmerman — on the ground, being beaten by someone on top of him — Trayvon.

"The guy on the bottom, who I believe had a red sweater on, was yelling to me 'Help, help,' and I told him to stop and I was calling 911. I got upstairs and looked down. The person that was on top beating up the other guy was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," he said.

bbm I would say that john saw and not believed.jmo Not a guessing game in my opinion.
    THIS gets me every time with John's story. IF Trayvon was on the top, GZ on the bottom, yelling "help, help", why in the world would John tell GZ "to stop".

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    THIS gets me every time with John's story. IF Trayvon was on the top, GZ on the bottom, yelling "help, help", why in the world would John tell GZ "to stop".
    I don't think he's being very clear. There are two possible "hims" in what he's saying.
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
    “In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.” - William Penn

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:

I have no idea, but I am looking forward to hear what he (john) has to say. If there is a trial. jmo I think he is the most important witness.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

I find that confusing too. The only explanations that I've been able to come up with are 1) he was telling GZ to stop yelling for help (which makes no sense) or 2) he was referring to TM when he says he told "him" to stop. IMO, it would only make sense to tell the person beating up someone to stop.

JMO, OMO, and
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

I have no idea, but I am looking forward to hear what he (john) has to say. If there is a trial. jmo I think he is the most important witness.
    I agree. He appears to be the only witness who actually saw the confrontation clearly and IIRC his story hasn't changed.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking John made a huge slip, but that's JMO. I believe he told GZ to STOP because GZ had the advantage. Again, JMO.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Noiter View Post
    I don't think he's being very clear. There are two possible "hims" in what he's saying.
    This doesn't appear to be rocket science here, he sees a guy on top of another guy, beating the crap out of him, he yells STOP. He was OBVIOUSLY talking to the person doing the beating. I SAY "obvious" becuase to extend the phrase to "Stop getting the crap beat out of you." makes NO sense.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to zenreaper For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking John made a huge slip, but that's JMO. I believe he told GZ to STOP because GZ had the advantage. Again, JMO.
    I disagree. The last sentence completely supports GZ's story by linking the aggressor (the person doing the beating) to the person who is deceased.

There is no mistaking or confusing who was where in this witness account. No "red t-shirt" or "I think" or "it sounded like" or "shadows and figures." This witness states clearly that GZ was being beaten and yelling "help" and that TM was doing the beating and not yelling "help."

JMO, OMO, and

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zenreaper View Post
    This doesn't appear to be rocket science here, he sees a guy on top of another guy, beating the crap out of him, he yells STOP. He was OBVIOUSLY talking to the person doing the beating. I SAY "obvious" becuase to extend the phrase to "Stop getting the crap beat out of you." makes NO sense.
    I agree, but I'll play along... for now. I'm sure his statement to the police will be much, much clearer.
    “In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.” - William Penn

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:

I agree, but I'll play along... for now. I'm sure his statement to the police will be much, much clearer.
    Or he could have told GZ to stop screaming.
    Just my opinion

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I don't believe the yelling for help was the same as the screeching sound we heard on the 911 tapes seconds before the gunshot. The boy believes the screaming came from TM. At some point they both could have been yelling for help which could indicate that both felt they were being attacked by an aggressor. But only one is screaming. SA was fortunate to have their timelines right there on the 911 tapes. jmo
    The boy believes screaming came from TM? As far as I can tell this boy never even saw TM.
    So how could he possibly believe screaming came from TM?
    Just my opinion

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    I disagree. The last sentence completely supports GZ's story by linking the aggressor (the person doing the beating) to the person who is deceased.

There is no mistaking or confusing who was where in this witness account. No "red t-shirt" or "I think" or "it sounded like" or "shadows and figures." This witness states clearly that GZ was being beaten and yelling "help" and that TM was doing the beating and not yelling "help."

JMO, OMO, and
    That's my take all along as well.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pcrum12 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    The boy believes screaming came from TM? As far as I can tell this boy never even saw TM.
    So how could he possibly believe screaming came from TM?
    How could he not see him if TM was on top???? Maybe he met TM on one of his visits and knew what he sounded like. I don't know just that he felt the screaming was coming from TM. jmo
    Last edited by LambChop; 05-09-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

I never read where any witnesses said TM was beating GZ, other than GZ saying so. It was pretty much wrestling on the ground. Big difference between fighting, wrestling and beating someone. jmo

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=AJ Noiter;7892282]If this were the case you'd think he would've stated, on the phone with his girlfriend, that he saw the weapon. You'd also think that just because he thinks he lost sight of Mr. Zimmerman, he'd still be in a hurry to get home.

Side Note: Not sure about other carriers, but my weapon is in its holster when I put the holster on. I do not remove my weapon from that holster unless I am cleaning it or using it. With that said, it seems silly that someone would get out of a vehicle THEN put the weapon in the holster.[/Q

I never said he got out and put his gun in a holster. That is what you've said.

I said I thought, and it's my opinion , George got out of his truck, and put his gun in the waistband of his pants with his unzipped jacket over it. Many people do just that to reach their weapon easier and more quickly if needed. Especially if they don't want the a###### to get away. He had to have that courage to stalk on foot, with no power and authority, a person that he profiled as guilty in only his own mind.

Again it's my opinion, that when George re-appeared and confronted Trayvon that is was very likely he "showed" his gun and that is what started the struggle.

I don't think, and it's my opinion, Trayvon had time to say anything more than "why are you following me" then George saying what are you doing here and Trayvon seeing the gun.

It's my opinion and very likely Trayvon thought George was going for that gun and from that point on he was trying to get the gun to save his life.

In my opinion, Trayvon had every reason to be alarmed and now he would of had even more reason to be scared.

George may very well of been carrying it in his hand, but it's my opinion, Trayvon saw that gun and that is when he started fighting for his life. His stand your ground to save his life.

Why did George have a weapon on him if not to intimidate or detain Trayvon. George lost control of a situation that he himself created.

In my opinion, George killed a young boy because he's a bully. A self appointed gunslinger. A wanna be cop. I guess he wanted his "fellow" LE to pat him on the back for catching a bad guy.

Why diss Trayvon for not hurrying back? He was doing nothing wrong. He was going home talking on the phone. He wasn't the aggressor. He wasn't the one up to no good.

George was the one that got out of his truck armed, and it doesn't really matter if the gun was in a holster or up his butt. George screwed up. He needs to put on a pair and tell the truth and take his punishment.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ILikeToBendPages For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToBendPages View Post

I said I thought, and it's my opinion , George got out of his truck, and put his gun in the waistband of his pants with his unzipped jacket over it. Many people do just that to reach their weapon easier and more quickly if needed. Especially if they don't want the a###### to get away. He had to have that courage to stalk on foot, with no power and authority, a person that he profiled as guilty in only his own mind.

Again it's my opinion, that when George re-appeared and confronted Trayvon that is was very likely he "showed" his gun and that is what started the struggle.

I don't think, and it's my opinion, Trayvon had time to say anything more than "why are you following me" then George saying what are you doing here and Trayvon seeing the gun.

It's my opinion and very likely Trayvon thought George was going for that gun and from that point on he was trying to get the gun to save his life.

In my opinion, Trayvon had every reason to be alarmed and now he would of had even more reason to be scared.

George may very well of been carrying it in his hand, but it's my opinion, Trayvon saw that gun and that is when he started fighting for his life. His stand your ground to save his life.

Why did George have a weapon on him if not to intimidate or detain Trayvon. George lost control of a situation that he himself created.

In my opinion, George killed a young boy because he's a bully. A self appointed gunslinger. A wanna be cop. I guess he wanted his "fellow" LE to pat him on the back for catching a bad guy.

Why diss Trayvon for not hurrying back? He was doing nothing wrong. He was going home talking on the phone. He wasn't the aggressor. He wasn't the one up to no good.

George was the one that got out of his truck armed, and it doesn't really matter if the gun was in a holster or up his butt. George screwed up. He needs to put on a pair and tell the truth and take his punishment.
    I do apologize, I'm pedantic about some things too. A correction to my statement would be to change the word "holster" to "waistband," and you would still have my opinion. It doesn't make sense for Mr. Martin to see the weapon and not say something.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:

I agree. He appears to be the only witness who actually saw the confrontation clearly and IIRC his story hasn't changed.
    How would his story change? He hasn't given any interviews other than the man at the door one. jmo

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

[quote=ILikeToBendPages;7895127]
    If this were the case you'd think he would've stated, on the phone with his girlfriend, that he saw the weapon. You'd also think that just because he thinks he lost sight of Mr. Zimmerman, he'd still be in a hurry to get home.

Side Note: Not sure about other carriers, but my weapon is in its holster when I put the holster on. I do not remove my weapon from that holster unless I am cleaning it or using it. With that said, it seems silly that someone would get out of a vehicle THEN put the weapon in the holster.[/Q

I am curious as to how many gun owners you know in order to come up with the idea that "many" gun owners carry a gun in their waistband? I assure you, as someone who DOES know a lot of gun owners and who carries themselves, I would NEVER EVER carry a gun in my waistband, ESPECIALLY if I was walking any distance.

You have also stated that TM "saw" the gun and went after it. This fails the logic test on two levels. First, and FOREMOST, if you see someone carrying a gun, and you "go for it", YOU have committed a crime. If you grab for MY gun, I will shoot you.

As to why GZ had a gun? Simple, he WANTED to. And in the UNITED STATES, that is all that is required.

"In my opinion, George killed a young boy because he's a bully. A self appointed gunslinger. A wanna be cop. I guess he wanted his "fellow" LE to pat him on the back for catching a bad guy."

I guess it was convenient for him that the boy decided to ATTACK GZ (my opinion, and the evidence points in that direction), giving him a reasonable excuse to do what you claim, with NO evidence, he wanted to do anyway.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zenreaper For This Useful Post:

Am not sure who was screaming for help. The first thing that comes to mind is Trayvon yelling for help as it stopped as soon as he was shot. Keep coming back to the call that George made to the police though and the way it sounds as if someone is going down a list from the NWH manual. Screaming is in there too.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

How could he not see him if TM was on top???? Maybe he met TM on one of his visits and knew what he sounded like. I don't know just that he felt the screaming was coming from TM. jmo
    ????
    The 13 year old boy says he saw one person on the ground, not two.
    He also never claimed to know Trayvon.
    Just my opinion

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I never read where any witnesses said TM was beating GZ, other than GZ saying so. It was pretty much wrestling on the ground. Big difference between fighting, wrestling and beating someone. jmo
    The original comment includes a link to the witness' statement: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7891693&postcount=324"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The cries for help[/ame]

Here is the quote from the article linked in the original comment:

BBM. The witness says that TM was "beating up" GZ. Not wrestling with him. Beating him up.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

How would his story change? He hasn't given any interviews other than the man at the door one. jmo
    IMO, other "witness" stories are markedly different than their original 911 call(s).

JMO, OMO, and

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

IMO, other "witness" stories are markedly different than their original 911 call(s).

JMO, OMO, and
    I think this is especially glaring with Mary Cutcher who in the middle of March was saying that she knew it was the "little boy" who was shot and that TM was "half the size" of GZ. Those extra details are not true but because Mary Cutcher was a nearby earwitness her words got repeated by many as if she was authority. Even Congresswoman Corrine Brown's letter to Attorney General Holder quoted Cutcher.

48. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alecto For This Useful Post:

BBM

Does anyone know if TM had a young sounding voice, as in it had not changed yet? IMO, most male teens have passed that stage of puberty by the age of 17 but perhaps TM hadn't. I don't know. I just don't see how "sounds like the voice of a young male" is convincing evidence when the case involves a 17-year old and a 28-year old. I don't think pitch-wise that they'd sound much different, IOW they'd both sound like young men.
    TM's mother has previously mentioned that TM's voice changed when he was fifteen:

Fulton, remembers when Trayvon’s voice seemingly deepened overnight and the summer when he was 15 and sprouted two strands of hair on his chin.

“He just wanted to, you know, mature and he wanted to be a man and he was almost there,” Fulton said.
    http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/...ight-path?lite

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alecto For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast