Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    And that the other at least 30% would vote to acquit -- whether or not they are lacking in common sense. And the number in the general population is likely to be higher, if not significantly higher, imo.
    This poll is not a scientific poll. The voters are members or readers of WebSleuths who have true crime as a particular interest. It reflects in no way the opinion of the general public.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lovelymountains For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Or significantly lower given the fact that we know attorneys come here to farm for views and compare notes. We also know that the gun lobby also has a far reach and can have members post their views and arguments. I don't know what the temperature is like across the nation or across the State of Florida but I do know that whenever I speak to anyone in the general public about GZ and the Trayvon Martin Case, the response is always the same: That guy is just crazy. (Man on the street polls would be much more valid than a poll here at Websleuth's where members follow criminal cases and in general the public doesn't.)
    I have found the same to be true. I can't remember a single person with whom I've discussed the subject who believes GZ was justified. I have a friend who's husband is a homicide detective and both of them feel GZ was at fault. You're right that a random poll would be much more accurate as to the feelings of the general public.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lovelymountains For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Noiter View Post
    That is your opinion. I will stick with the opinion of those who know the ins and outs of the legal system, and don't just cater to public/political pressure.
    Do you mean legal analysts who depend on a paycheck from networks who may have their own agendas? The media isn't always unbiased and I really feel that in this case they are under a lot of pressure to lean one way or the other. Our legal system has it's flaws but it is the best there is. I will rely on it and those in it that have actually seen the evidence.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Omachka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    Then part of that investigation was the 911 call into the NEN...and part of that was used to determine the 'depravity' of GZ's actions..besides the horrific, wail which they also are using against GZ to show the 'depravity' in his actions..

Remember, the law supports GZ IF, TM was in the commission of a crime and TM was not commiting any crime...if walking on the grass is a crime, then GZ's got it..

If walking/running while black in America is a crime, then TM is guilty of that??? Same for wearing a hoodie during the rain...

GZ over zealous, over reacted to a situation his own mind created and was dead wrong in his assessment of TM....he killed a teen for no reason other than what his paraoid mind told him TM was up to...he did nothing wrong but try to get home...and could have NOT wanted GZ to know where he was staying which is why he took the option to try and hide from GZ..he might be one scary dude in the way his body language might have presented itself to TM that fateful evening..
    The law supports GZ if TM really did attack him to the point of GZ fearing for his life, whether TM was committing a crime or not. Precedent in previous cases bears this out.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Recent Article -- dated today 5/11/12

Evidence in George Zimmerman case will be handed over

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/1...rman-will.html

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sun48shine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Omachka View Post
    Do you mean legal analysts who depend on a paycheck from networks who may have their own agendas? The media isn't always unbiased and I really feel that in this case they are under a lot of pressure to lean one way or the other. Our legal system has it's flaws but it is the best there is. I will rely on it and those in it that have actually seen the evidence.
    Two of the three mentioned, sure, but I'm unaware of what network Mr. Dershowitz works for and that information isn't on his Wikipedia page. Could you fill me in?

Another that I can't seem to find a "network" for is Jeralyn Merritt. Sure, she's a guest commentator from time to time on: NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, CourTv and Fox News.. but she doesn't depend on a paycheck from them by being a guest, does she?
    Last edited by AJ Noiter; 05-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
    “In all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.” - William Penn

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sun48shine View Post
    Recent Article -- dated today 5/11/12

Evidence in George Zimmerman case will be handed over

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/1...rman-will.html
    The first round of discovery documents in the George Zimmerman Case are most likely to be provided to O’Mara Law Group on Monday, May 14. Public release of the of the discovery may be delayed as we may be filing a motion to further redact information, and an opportunity to review the discovery is necessary to determine the applicability of that motion. While we understand the frustration of those who want to view the information as soon as possible, we believe that Mr. Zimmerman’s right to a fair trial, decided by an impartial, unbiased jury is paramount.

<Modsnip>
    Last edited by SoSueMe; 05-11-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Remove Donation Website Link

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sleonardelli For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    I believe, like the Anthony family, they are all not truthful..

I have searched and searched and find nothing that remotely resembles GZ getting an award or a commendation of any sort..So, I take what his family states with a box of salt..I heard them misrepresent during the bond hearing..especially it's always someone elses fault GZ gets into violent altercations...

Future behavior depends on past behaviors..unless someone truely tries to change..I don't see GZ has since 2005...
    Have also searched for a picture or article of GZ getting an award or commendation for this. Nothing.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Or significantly lower given the fact that we know attorneys come here to farm for views and compare notes. We also know that the gun lobby also has a far reach and can have members post their views and arguments. I don't know what the temperature is like across the nation or across the State of Florida but I do know that whenever I speak to anyone in the general public about GZ and the Trayvon Martin Case, the response is always the same: That guy is just crazy. (Man on the street polls would be much more valid than a poll here at Websleuth's where members follow criminal cases and in general the public doesn't.)
    IMO that makes no sense. The media has been hugely biased against GZ in this case IMO. I was buying into the media line until I started looking into this case more thoroughly. The Jury is going to be privy to everything we have reviewed, and more.

Taking a poll of people who have probably followed this case very little, maybe reading a few articles or watching CNN, etc. is much less accurate than a poll of us here at Websleuths, who have taken time to really look at the evidence. Much of the evidence contradicts the "medial story" IMO.

The media is not there to tell you the actual news, they are there to sell advertisements. To do that they have to get readership/viewership up. To do that they put their own sensational spin on the story to draw in the audiences.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    I think the poll here is worthless. We have media relations people running rampant here shouting out about the media controlling things (which is funny). We have attorneys. We have...... There are more people with an agenda on this case than anyone else. The poll is pfffffffffffffft.
    I can agree with that statement BIG TIME!

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelymountains View Post
    I have found the same to be true. I can't remember a single person with whom I've discussed the subject who believes GZ was justified. I have a friend who's husband is a homicide detective and both of them feel GZ was at fault. You're right that a random poll would be much more accurate as to the feelings of the general public.
    That would be true if you were going to grab 12 random people off the street and put them in the Jury room without hearing the trial!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I don't think he ever handed out flyers. I do think he vented on the local news website about the situation. It wasn't so much about the innocent victim than it was about GZ being angry with the SPD. Which I find ironic since they were his biggest advocates when this case first hit the news.

He has a serious problem with authority and I see why he ignored the call for him to stop following Trayvon. He didn't like SPD and thought he could do a better job. If there ever was a Robert De Niro "Taxi Driver" GZ would be it!

MOO
    IMO, and judging from his 3 expulsions in 5 months, TM was the one with a very recent disrespect for authority and zero tolerance rules, not to mention accountability. No one was fuzzy with the rules, no one said, "we don't need you to deface school property", or, "we don't need you to bring drugs to school", or, "we need you to show up on time". Their rules are pretty clear.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Only one of them has a history of violence.

That's George Zimmerman.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to who For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post

That's George Zimmerman.
    (a) we have no idea whether Trayvon has a history of violence; and (b) the Judge has already told us what he thinks of George's "history of violence." I was kind of surprised that he characterized it the way he did (as opposed to just saying he'd considered it). I believe he used the words "rather mild" compared to what he's seen and wrt to the mutual orders of protection and noted that the encounter with the undercover officer is not something that is uncommon (paraphrased). Imo, he gave a big old judicial pffft to George's "history of violence." And that's really all that matters at an SYG hearing, and if it goes to a jury, they will never hear about it. jmo

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post

That's George Zimmerman.
    Only one of them has a history of documented violence.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast