Page 46 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 1353
  1. #676
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Waiting
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Corey herself said that TM would be considered an adult in a self-defense case due to his height. I find that very interesting.
    Yes. It is interesting. I wonder why that would be?




    It Was Ancient Aliens!


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:


  3. #677
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    All in the same year. Absenteeism and tardiness, Pot and pipe, and vandalism (jewelry found as well)...possibly not in that order. I think the pot and pipe were last?
    Wasn't it an EMPTY bag with traces of marijuana? You a make it seem like Trayvon had an ounce or something on him, I don't think he even had a joint. An empty bag with traces and a "marijuana" pipe.

    Hard core criminal. <heavy sarcasm>

    So wait, do we think the prosecution will use the suspensions against GZ? Geez. What does it have to do with what evidence does the prosecution have?


  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:


  5. #678
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
    Yes. It is interesting. I wonder why that would be?
    "In an interview with ABC News, expert and veteran state attorney Angela Corey says that although Martin was only 17-years old in life, his stature (6-3, 150 pounds) could qualify him as an adult in the courts. In turn, this may make his killer George Zimmerman's self defense claim more valid, and could see the state of Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law work in his favor."
    LINK

    I used to have the ABC interview bookmarked and now it's not coming up. I remember watching the interview. JMO (in case I can't find the video)


  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:


  7. #679
    rossva's Avatar
    rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,804
    Gateway drug.

    Gateway crimes.

    Minor offenses, but still illegal offenses.




    Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    Wasn't it an EMPTY bag with traces of marijuana? You a make it seem like Trayvon had an ounce or something on him, I don't think he even had a joint. An empty bag with traces and a "marijuana" pipe.

    Hard core criminal. <heavy sarcasm>

    So wait, do we think the prosecution will use the suspensions against GZ? Geez. What does it have to do with what evidence does the prosecution have?
    " When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain









  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rossva For This Useful Post:


  9. #680
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    Wasn't it an EMPTY bag with traces of marijuana? You a make it seem like Trayvon had an ounce or something on him, I don't think he even had a joint. An empty bag with traces and a "marijuana" pipe.

    Hard core criminal. <heavy sarcasm>
    This POV always makes me shake my head. If the bag is EMPTY what happened to it. Did the dope get up and dance away. lol If one of my kids got busted with a full bag they'd be in a world of hurt, but MIGHT be able to convince me they hadn't used or dealt yet (doubtful, but possible for a first time offense at their tender ages). You show me a pipe and an EMPTY baggie, well, there's really not much question what you did with it. You either smoked it or dealt it. And tweets looking for some plant aren't helping your cause any. Assuming the 'rents ever accessed the tweets.

    Most likely nothing to do with the case, but it would explain a long walk outside.


  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:


  11. #681
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    "In an interview with ABC News, expert and veteran state attorney Angela Corey says that although Martin was only 17-years old in life, his stature (6-3, 150 pounds) could qualify him as an adult in the courts. In turn, this may make his killer George Zimmerman's self defense claim more valid, and could see the state of Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law work in his favor."
    LINK

    I used to have the ABC interview bookmarked and now it's not coming up. I remember watching the interview. JMO (in case I can't find the video)
    omg...for real!?!?


  12. #682
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    This POV always makes me shake my head. If the bag is EMPTY what happened to it. Did the dope get up and dance away. lol If one of my kids got busted with a full bag they'd be in a world of hurt, but MIGHT be able to convince me they hadn't used or dealt yet (doubtful, but possible for a first time offense at their tender ages). You show me a pipe and an EMPTY baggie, well, there's really not much question what you did with it. You either smoked it or dealt it. And tweets looking for some plant aren't helping your cause any. Assuming the 'rents ever accessed the tweets.

    Most likely nothing to do with the case, but it would explain a long walk outside.
    I understand that he might have smoked the pot, shared it with his friends etc. doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. He did violate the school rules and received a suspension. Hardly a hard core criminal. I don't agree with what he did. Period. But, it has NOTHING to do with this case, and it has NOTHING to do with this thread. JMO


  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:


  14. #683
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    36,430
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    I understand that he might have smoked the pot, shared it with his friends etc. doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. He did violate the school rules and received a suspension. Hardly a hard core criminal. I don't agree with what he did. Period. But, it has NOTHING to do with this case, and it has NOTHING to do with this thread. JMO
    Yes, it does. imo. I think it shows that he makes some poor choices. Very few 17 yr olds bring their pot pipes and empty baggies onto the campus. They all know the hazards of doing so. Imo, it shows that he has poor impulse control and makes some bad choices. And that can mean that he made similar poor choices that very evening. imo If anyone says that he would never swing on anyone, or make a rash decision, then those suspensions may show otherwise.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn


  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  16. #684
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    I understand that he might have smoked the pot, shared it with his friends etc. doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. He did violate the school rules and received a suspension. Hardly a hard core criminal. I don't agree with what he did. Period. But, it has NOTHING to do with this case, and it has NOTHING to do with this thread. JMO
    As I've said before, imo, it has to do with a teen not on the right path. Idk whether it has anything to do with the case or not, but there's really no reason to hide or deny it, either. Trayvon was who he was, and George was who he was, and whitewashing it isn't doing anyone any favors, imo. Seriously, think about it, if Trayvon was outside poking smot, that would explain why he wasn't going right home without making him guilty of anything all that serious. I've thought of that as an explanation a bunch of times but hesitated to post it for fear of "bashing the victim". He was an unangelic teen, imo, as were many of us. My opinion is acknowledge it and move on.

    But just for the record, "sharing" dope with your friends is a "mom enabler" euphemism for dealing. If my kid is "sharing" dope with his friends, he's sharing his butt with my foot and then some.


  17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:


  18. #685
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    I understand that he might have smoked the pot, shared it with his friends etc. doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. He did violate the school rules and received a suspension. Hardly a hard core criminal. I don't agree with what he did. Period. But, it has NOTHING to do with this case, and it has NOTHING to do with this thread. JMO
    Just as shoving an undercover cop, resulting in a dismissed charge, does not equate to a "hard core criminal".

    Sometimes talking about one aspect of the evidence turns into a discussion about he opposing counsel's evidence. Jumping back and forth between threads to do so doesn't always make sense. It's been quite a civil and informative conversation tonight. JMO


  19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:


  20. #686
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Yes, it does. imo. I think it shows that he makes some poor choices. Very few 17 yr olds bring their pot pipes and empty baggies onto the campus. They all know the hazards of doing so. Imo, it shows that he has poor impulse control and makes some bad choices. And that can mean that he made similar poor choices that very evening. imo If anyone says that he would never swing on anyone, or make a rash decision, then those suspensions may show otherwise.
    Show me a 17 year old who makes all the right choices. Trayvon was never charged with a crime. Nice job of trying to make the victim look like a criminal. He is not. Trayvon was known for being very kind and soft spoken, no history of violence. GZ was known for being violent, a criminal who doesn't follow orders. He's a 28 year old grown man, there is a difference. I realize he hasn't been held accountable his entire life, but it's about time he learns a lesson. Maybe if his parents would have done something when he was 17, Trayvon would still be alive.

    BTW, wouldn't the bashing of Trayvon, bringing up his past suspensions etc, be better off in the defense thread? I highly doubt the prosecution with be using Trayvon's school records, against Trayvon. :


  21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:


  22. #687
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Just as shoving an undercover cop, resulting in a dismissed charge, does not equate to a "hard core criminal".

    Sometimes talking about one aspect of the evidence turns into a discussion about he opposing counsel's evidence. Jumping back and forth between threads to do so doesn't always make sense. It's been quite a civil and informative conversation tonight. JMO
    GZ had more of a record than that. Not every thread has to turn into what Trayvon did when he was 17, his past, his girlfriend, blah blah. JMO

    I'm always civil.


  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:


  24. #688
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,810
    Not sure how we ended up with trayvon outside smoking pot before he was killed.


  25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  26. #689
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    GZ had more of a record than that. Not every thread has to turn into what Trayvon did when he was 17, his past, his girlfriend, blah blah. JMO
    What other record did GZ have that would be brought up as part of the prosecution's evidence? A restraining order is a civil matter, not criminal. He never violated the order, which, IIRC, would be criminal. He was not charged with anything in that case. A mutual judgement was ordered. JMO


  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:


  28. #690
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Not sure how we ended up with trayvon outside smoking pot before he was killed.
    At least he isn't stealing jewelry during his visit this time. I don't know if I should laugh or cry....


  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BiancaS For This Useful Post:


Page 46 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 589
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 11:33 AM
  2. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #36
    By SoSueMe in forum George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin
    Replies: 667
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 02:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •