IN - Leon Thomas, 4, stabbed to death, Indianapolis, 5 May 2012

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/indy-police-girl-14-charged-cousins-killing-163821811.html

Officers were called about 11 p.m. Saturday to an Indianapolis apartment, where they found the bleeding boy. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Police later found the 14-year-old girl, covered in blood and walking along a nearby street.

Adams says the boy and his 11-year-old sister were at their grandparent's apartment at the time of the attack. No additional details were released.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...tabbing?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

I also read on another Indy news channel that ANOTHER 14 year old was being charger with murder in a different case. What is going on?!?!?!

From the article you linked, it appears that this girl has a troubled history:

A check of online IMPD records revealed Angie Shanks had reported her 14-year-old granddaughter as a runaway in February. The report, which listed Shanks as the girl's court-appointed guardian, quoted Shanks saying "this is not like her and that she has not been reported as a runaway in the past."

An older police report from 2005, also involving Shanks and the girl, indicates there was "an ongoing dispute" between Shanks and the child's mother over custody of the girl.

Possibly this girl may have some similarities to Alyssa Bustamante (the teen who murdered Elizabeth Olten)?

Then again, with her being found 'walking down the street nearby covered in blood', it seems entirely possible she had some kind of break with reality. Hard to say at this point.

All JMO

Is it possible that none of the kids ever told the grandmother about the knife? Hard to believe, but I guess you never know.

Article says neighbor children said she would run around threatening to stab the other kids, that she carried a knife. Sad if true and her family did nothing to get her help.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wxin-boy-m...-murdered-by-cousin-20120507,0,7896337.column

Also from your link:

“We looked at her and had eye contact and it was really strange because we didn’t know anything that had happened but you could just tell by looking at her that she was lost, that she was in shock or something,” said neighbor Sheri Cooper.

Yeah, they need to do a mental health evaluation on this girl before they make any decisions on how to proceed in court. Sounds to me like she might be a good candidate for a lifelong stay at a mental health facility.

Is it possible that none of the kids ever told the grandmother about the knife? Hard to believe, but I guess you never know.

It's amazing really what kids will keep to themselves until after it's too late. (Heck, adults too for that matter)

Also from your link:

Yeah, they need to do a mental health evaluation on this girl before they make any decisions on how to proceed in court. Sounds to me like she might be a good candidate for a lifelong stay at a mental health facility.

I couldn't figure out if the neighbor was saying they looked at her and got the lost look after the stabbing or before?

The female cousin was kept in juvenile court. I posted this link because all the links in this thread did not work for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back