Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoCurious View Post
    This is not boring and repetitive. It needs to be refreshed in the juror's minds that the "star Crown witness" is a "prolific liar" and has zero credibility. JMO
    This strategy of refreshing the jurors minds may backfire on Derstine. The jurors might be tired of the lack of substance to his arguments; may even find it insulting to their intelligence.

The focus on TLM's lies may serve to remind the jurors of just how much deceitfulness MTR is capable of. Even if his character's not on trial, the jury will be mindful that he didn't help with the recovery of little Tori (even though he knew the location) and maybe that was his self-serving way of protecting himself from DNA evidence. The longer the body was left undiscovered the fewer chances of retrieving his DNA. JMO

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Shasta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
    Derstine questioning McClintic's take that taking Tori was randon. Eg., of the 15+ schools in Woodstock, they picked one McClintic knew
    and why was MTR driving around this particular school early in the morning, Derstine?

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Yody04 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladi View Post
    I wanted to triple like this post
    Remember it is not Derstine's responsibility to do that. He is doing very well and certainly is not acting like a child. JMO

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhSoCurious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayFriend View Post
    My theory is that the defence knew he really had nothing right from the start, when they received the Crown's disclosure. That's why they introduced their only witness so as to go first with their ridiculous summation. This all would have sounded too far fetched after what the Crown has to say. At least this way it will be forgotten, as it should be.
    Very good thinking--I think you are right. What an act Derstine. MOO

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flowercb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Yody04 View Post
    and why was MTR driving around this particular school early in the morning, Derstine?
    He may have had drug drop offs in the area or other personal errands? MOO/JMO

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhSoCurious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    This strategy of refreshing the jurors minds may backfire on Derstine. The jurors might be tired of the lack of substance to his arguments; may even find it insulting to their intelligence.

The focus on TLM's lies may serve to remind the jurors of just how much deceitfulness MTR is capable of. Even if his character's not on trial, the jury will be mindful that he didn't help with the recovery of little Tori (even though he knew the location) and maybe that was his self-serving way of protecting himself from DNA evidence. The longer the body was left undiscovered the fewer chances of retrieving his DNA. JMO
    I would find, if I were a juror, that Derstine was trying to Dupe me.MOO

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flowercb For This Useful Post:

He may have had drug drop offs in the area or other personal errands? MOO/JMO
    Yes apparently that's what his lawyer said (IIRC) from one of the tweets.

You know.....errands.....like picking up percs and stuff.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayFriend View Post
    It seems incredible that MR would have been talented enough to deceive and use all those women, yet be completely fooled by a teenage druggie into chauffeuring her around while she kidnapped and killed a little girl. Not only that, but he helped her clean up the crime scene and went on to dispose of evidence, then lied to the police about his involvement. Of course he participated in the kidnapping and murder! He covered it up because he felt guilty. How can he be anything but guilty?
    I agree. I was just trying to make sense of the garbage coming from the defense.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

This poor woman has gone through a lot. <modsnip> MOO/JMO/IMO
    My sympathies are 100% with Tori's mom. MOO!
    Last edited by Salem; 05-07-2012 at 01:55 PM.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flowercb For This Useful Post:

Remember it is not Derstine's responsibility to do that. He is doing very well and certainly is not acting like a child. JMO
    I agree but I don't think its going in his favour and he appears to be reaching for straws. JMO
    May you rest in peace.....Tori Stafford

Missing but never forgotten Nicole Louise Morin last seen July 30th 1985

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32372

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

Arrow Sailor...question...pics of Mr's mother????

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Bug View Post
    Mike Knoll: @guest - there are a number of pictures of her in our evidence galleries here: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19651801.html

Mike Knoll: update from Randy Richmond:

Michael Rafferty's mother told reporters outside court today "he's not guilty and it hurts like hell. It hurts."

Confronted by a mob of reporters, the small woman walking with a cane said she would provide more comment later.

"I think he's got a good lawyer," she said when asked what she thought of Dirk Derstine's closing argument, which began Monday morning.
    ...I can not see any pics of MR"s mother ????...looked on that thread ???that was mentoned by reporter link posted here ????

Does anyone see them ...if they can KINDLY tell me where and # frame as I was always curious about his FAMILY????...ty robynhood...???
    Five years from now, when people think of Victoria Stafford they are going to think of the little girl that changed Canadian Laws and made it a safer nation for all children.
    Rodney Stafford; Victoria's Dad

**RIP Tim Bosma...
    Justice Shall Prevail

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:

Defence attacks McClintic's credibility

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19725376.html
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

I think the amazing thing to me if I was a juror is to hear that the defense lawyer does not seem to have a definitive answer on what happened that day from his own client. So if he has to resort to the fact that there are multiple scenarios that might have been true, it says to me that he has not heard ONE scenario from his own client that makes enough sense to present and account for all the evidence.

I believe he is doing the best he can with what he has to work with from his client.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lightlady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flowercb View Post
    My sympathies are 100% with Tori's mom. MOO!
    Sympathies to the entire Tori family, of course!!!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to OhSoCurious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by robynhood View Post
    ...I can not see any pics of MR"s mother ????...looked on that thread ???that was mentoned by reporter link posted here ????

Does anyone see them ...if they can KINDLY tell me where and # frame as I was always curious about his FAMILY????...ty robynhood...???
    Hmmm...Rafferty's Mother's picture was there earlier this morning.
    She has dark shoulder length hair and was quite tanned in the pic

I looked to find it for you but it has disappeared robynhood
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast