SC SC - Todd Massie, 23, Myrtle Beach, 16 June 1992

necco

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to WS! : )

After reading the case summary for Todd, I would say no. Todd's car was found in the woods shortly after his dissapearance. This usually indicates a suicide, death by exposure or in this case, I think robbery.

After Todd drove up to the drive thru ATM, I think he was abducted by gunpoint and robbed. I think that's why the license plates were removed and the car driven five hours away.

Also, no activity on his social insurance card since time of dissapearance wich is a couple of years. I just don't see Todd to have done all of this and traveled for three years watching the Grateful Dead, but that's my opinion...

Also, Todd had a five inch surgical scar on his abdomen. I don't know what shape Jason was in but if it wasn't too bad, I think it would be on his NAMUS profile.

Massie was last seen at a drive-through ATM in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on June 16, 1992. He has never been heard from again.

His vehicle was discovered abandoned in the woods of Sussex County, Virginia on June 17, 1992. The license plate had been removed and there were some of Massie's personal items inside the car, but there was no trace of him at the scene. Sussex County is approximately a five-hour drive from Myrtle Beach.

Massie's parents learned that their son was involved in drugs after his disappearance. His father was employed as a minister in Indiana in the mid-1990s, and Massie lived in Akron, Ohio. There has been no activity on his Social Security number since he went missing. Massie's case remains unsolved.

Todd James Massie – The Charley Project

I have the impression that perhaps he was being pressured to withdraw money at the ATM then being taken to that remote forest perhaps forced to walk at gunpoint... if he passed a river nearby he may have been executed and thrown into the same... but it is most likely that he is dead...
either way
rest in peace

<<His left ear is pierced and wears a rhinestone stud in that ear. He has a 5 inch surgical scar above his belly button.>>

Circumstances of Disappearance​

<<Massie was last seen at a drive-up ATM in Myrtle Beach, SC. A photo shows him making a small transaction at 15:00. His vehicle was located in the woods on June 17, 1992 in Sussex County, VA, approximately 5 hours from Myrtle Beach. The license plate was removed and some personal articles were found in the car.

There has been no activity on his social security number since the time of his disappearance. Massie lived in Akron, Ohio at the time and has not been seen nor heard from since.>>

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back